The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severely Reduced Framerate.

Venomos

Prior to Hotfix 14.0.4, I played with graphics maxed, PhysX enabled, V-synch disabled, and other options activated and deactivated accordingly for maximum enjoyment (sadly I cannot remember all of them). The previous hotfix dropped my frames per second from a luxurious 45-60 fps during play to a fluctuating 27-30 fps during play. 

Post Hotfix 14.0.4 dropped my frame rate again to 25 fps and at times lower. I know I can go into my video menu and lower my quality so I can enjoy the fast-paced ludicrousness of space ninjas, and I will more than likely do so when I am done with this post. I am posting this because my frames went from 60 fps to 25 fps and not a single graphic otion was changed in between the hotfixes. I do want to know if this issue is common enough to be looked into further or if it's being looked at presently.

Any similar frame rate problems experienced by players are invited to comment here and let the community and the Devs know.

Thank you for reading.

-Venomos

I also run the game maxed and since U14 I get occasional hiccups that last about a quarter-half of a second which causes problems in a game as fast paced as this. Nothing changed on my end, something is triggering the FPS spikes.

EDIT: toggling on/off most display settings in game then relaunching seemed to have fixed it, havent had any more spikes since doing that.

Edited by GMSantasHelper

I run the game at max and, since the update, my framerate has fallen by a quarter. It's most notable on Earth because the game will begin to lag for a split second to load the next tile. This was never the case before. I'm seeing this on all levels.

My FPS has actually gone up since U14. previously got as high as 150 on earth, now it has moved up to 165 in areas. Avg. ~100. however, i've actually limited my FPS through the drivers to 73.

You'd need to provide more details on performance problems. What frame, area, no. of players etc.

For instance, there is an issue with 'mirage' dropping my framerate into the teens (this is why i provided my fps) so be more thorough with troubleshooting.

Also download a Hardware monitor program to check your settings aren't too high for your system: MSI afterburner, GPU-Z, Core-temp etc.....