Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: Darvo Radio

reltats

So I first suggested this to a friend as a joke, but then I thought about it and well I find Darvo way too funny to have him just occasionally stop by once in a great while for a few minutes, and well everyones gotta have a hobby right? so why not have Darvo do a little DJing on the side? it'd be another great way for Darvo to stick it to his old man

On more serious notes, this could be used to show off some of the cool music the sound team comes up with. this could also be a great alternative to the current radio chatter and be a great place to sneak in lore snippets or hint to upcoming events and/or item releases. It could act as an alternate way to alert players of invasions. (Example: "Anyone out there looking for a quick buck? Salad V and his army of silly robot puppies are making a move on Sedna"). This would become even more of a thing if we ever get player hubs, larger ships, or even reasons to hang around in ships (which are all things I hope we will get)

Edit: Fixed Darvos name

Other great suggestions

When they said Darvo would appear in the tutorial, I thought they'd make him related to the market, not the blueprint for the acasis. Imagine saving him, and to thank you he gives you access to his market? And every time you open it, he makes a quick quote, like Marcus from Borderlands. Like, "Only the best for my Tenno friends!" or "No refunds!"

Though I'm thinking of adding this as a suggestion- have us change radio stations.  We could have a couple to listen in on Corpus and Grineer, but maybe a couple for their respective music stations.  I'm wondering what the Corpus do on their down time when they're not busy firing wildly into my chest.

I love this idea. Better yet, put him in charge of the market and have him pop up on the holo when entering the market, that would add a little more personality and atmosphere to the game.

Broadcasts people came up with

"Hey, all you cool cats and Corpus, this is Darvo and the MOA bringing you the latest hits LIVE from our station somewhere outside of Saturn's gravitation pull.  Glad you tuned in because we're about to start another 45 minutes of non-stop hits, featuring the latest from Aran Maran 'Kill That Cloned Grineer Freak'.  So sit back and enjoy the smooth music that makes this station number one in the Robot Cult."

Hey dere' tenno, this is darvo radio oh oh oh, and at the eleventh 'o clock hour I got a song for you tenno, FOR ME TO POO..no, I cannot, however, I got a song for you sympathizers out there that'd you'd really love.

Edited by reltats

*Waits for someone to mention YandereSamantha*

Come on.

Do it.

Let's get it over with.

(I personally like Darvo's character, so having idle chatter of him in the Market for example would be good. +1)

*Waits for someone to mention YandereSamantha*

Come on.

Do it.

Let's get it over with.

(I personally like Darvo's character, so having idle chatter of him in the Market for example would be good. +1)

Sam PLS shes fine

whispers "If we mention this she'll flip her S#&$"

When they said Darvo would appear in the tutorial, I thought they'd make him related to the market, not the blueprint for the acasis. Imagine saving him, and to thank you he gives you access to his market? And every time you open it, he makes a quick quote, like Marcus from Borderlands. Like, "Only the best for my Tenno friends!" or "No refunds!"

that's good. Ill add that to the OP

"Hey, all you cool cats and Corpus, this is Darvo and the MOA bringing you the latest hits LIVE from our station somewhere outside of Saturn's gravitation pull.  Glad you tuned in because we're about to start another 45 minutes of non-stop hits, featuring the latest from Aran Maran 'Kill That Cloned Grineer Freak'.  So sit back and enjoy the smooth music that makes this station number one in the Robot Cult."

Sorry, not a suggestion, just something I thought of after reading the title. :x

Edited by Aramanth

Sorry, not a suggestion, just something I thought of after reading the title. :x

No problem man, that's the kind of stuff I was thinking but was not cool enough to think up/write out myself :P

No problem man, that's the kind of stuff I was thinking but was not cool enough to think up/write out myself :P

Nah, you would've thought of it.  :)

Though I'm thinking of adding this as a suggestion- have us change radio stations.  We could have a couple to listen in on Corpus and Grineer, but maybe a couple for their respective music stations.  I'm wondering what the Corpus do on their down time when they're not busy firing wildly into my chest.

Edit: Nevermind, that's literally what you wrote in your post... Sorry >.<  Hell, you might as well add my last post into the OP.  

Edited by Aramanth