Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Damage Dropoff

NixinVictus

Sorry, I hadn't played Trinity in a while.  No more invincibility, just a heal and usually very little damage reduction.  That sucks, whatever.  The problem with that in respect to the Ogris, however, is the Ogris still has no dropoff damage.  If you get hit with any of the damage, you get ALL of it.  With a fully leveled up Ogris, that pretty much means instant death.  So let me get this straight, if I shoot across the room at a guy and it hits the wall to the side of him a few meters off, he can take about 40-80% of the damage.  But if I shoot at the same guy and land a rocket the same distance between me as him, then he gets between 40-80% of that blast, but I get 100% and I'm dead?  Because that's pretty messed up.  Or what, is it supposed to symbolize a backfire or malfunction?  I don't think so.  You can damage yourself with the Thunderbolt and the Penta with some level of dropoff.  Please change the Ogris to the same.  It would make sense that way.

Penta and Ogris have no dropoff damage, why would they?

What he means by drop off is the similar mechanic that makes the damage far from the center of the explosion lower than the damage at its center. Actually i would never be able to tell if we tennos are affected by it, even though i'm pretty sure we are, since even 10% of my ogris' damage would be able to kill most of my frames.