Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested

DarthVedda

So broken.  SO...broken. 

Update 14 has made them so un-fun to farm the way I used to.  They used to be my go-to method for leveling solo (okay, I know this is an MMO, but I'm one of those freaks who actually ENJOYS playing solo, okay?).  Now I get to wave 8 or 9 in a defense mission and I get swarmed with ancients that drag me around no matter what I do or where I stand, knocked around, pushed around....

How is it that from waves 1-5 it's almost boring, and then suddenly at wave 7 - 10 it becomes impossible? 

What the hell, DE?  I realize you want people to play together and all that, but you really need to give an option for people like me (I know I'm not the only one!) who enjoy running around solo. 

It's gotten to the point where I don't really even feel like playing most of the time.  Too bad, because I like the game and all, but it's getting to be really... un-fun.

Edited by DarthVedda

That pull mechanic was really just a band-aid to make it harder for us to farm them without any way of injuring ourselves. But it is just too massive for it be the correct amount of challenge. This works fine in towers, but an infested capture with maybe 10 ancients at a time is just a no go.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

This issue isn't just infested, high end mobile defense/defense missions which were previously able to be completed solo have become a total clusterfuck for all factions unless you're running a Frost.

I agree that what they did was a little over the top however by making hard it'll be easier for them to scale it back to a reasonable level

I think the major issue you're going to come across here is that where do they draw the line between difficulty vs playability? Particularly when trying to keep their player base happy because you will always have people that think it is to easy vs people that its fine.

Edited by Temporary

Infested are no longer an easily soloable faction. Get in with a team and they go right back to being easy.

Vaughan, as I mentioned in my post, I actually PREFER to play solo whenever possible.  Call me a freak or whatever, but that's the way I like to play. 

I get into a squad to do tower runs and dark sectors and such so I do play that aspect of the game as well, but the infested used to be one of the ONLY things I could actually do by myself.  Now DE has taken it away.  #sadpanda

I honestly don't mind the changes they made to ancients (although I despise --- DESPISE! --- mutalist ospreys) but when there are more than 3 in the room you get juggled mercilessly and coupled with the knockdown by the chargers, you get totally and utterly brutalized.  It's awful!

Wish they would reduce the distance that ancients can use their pull ability or something, or make it so that you are immune to pull and/or knockdown for several seconds after you've been pulled/knocked-down once.  That way you at least have a chance to get back on your feet and fight back or get the hell away....  

How about it, DE?  Something to think about, maybe?