Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative To Transmuting: Creating Fusion Cores

Renegade343

Hello all, 

This thread will detail a small suggestion to make all the excess mods that players collect be used for something else other than Transmuting, since Transmuting, although good for clearing out excess mods to have a chance to get something that the player wants, still makes excess mods a bit useless. Thus, by using excess mods to create Fusion Cores, it may have some more use (and this may be my dumbest suggestion yet). The content is below: 

Under the Mod Inventory screen, there will be a new button, labelled "Create Fusion Core". Once pressed, it will ask the player to select the first mod (excluding Fusion Cores). Once that is selected and confirmed, then the player must then select more mods which has the same Polarity as the first mod, until at least the first bar is filled (signalling that it is enough power to create the lowest levelled Fusion Core). To increase the level of the Fusion Core, the player must continue to select more mods to fill it up. A demonstration of the system is below: 

Player selects and confirms the first mod card, which has the V Polarity. 

Player continues to select more V Polarity mod cards until the first bar is filled (the first level) (can be seen with a number), in which the button labelled "Fuse into Fusion Core" is active. 

If player wants to, he/she can continue to select more V Polarity mod cards to increase the level of the Fusion Core.

If "Fuse into Fusion Core" button is active, and say the player is only halfway through a certain level. The system will then remove (i.e. return to the player) the excess selected mods until it is decreased to the floor level (e.g.: If player presses the button and the bar is halfway between level 3 and 4, then the system will return all the excess selected mods used to make a Fusion Core until there are just enough selected mods to make the Fusion Core be level 3. The system will return all the excess selected mods back to the player, in the order from the most recent selection).

Rarity of Fusion Core depends on the first mod card selected, with number of mods required to level up the Fusion Core dependent on the Rarity of the first mod card. Also, only mods with the same Polarity and Rarity of the first mod card can be used. The maximum Rank will be 3 for Common, 5 for Uncommon, and 5 for Rare.

Credit cost would be akin to Fusion costs, but with a slightly lower amount/increase. 

The Fusion Core created will be different to the normal Fusion Cores, in the sense that it cannot be traded and instead of the normal Fusion Core Polarity, it now has the Polarity of the first mod card used to make said Fusion Core (e.g.: Player uses the first mod card, which has the D Polarity. The Fusion Core created from it will have a D Polarity as well).

These Fusion Cores, when used to level up a mod (barring other Fusion Cores) that has the same Polarity, it will allow the target mod to gain more power compared to using a normal Fusion Core of the same Rank and Rarity (e.g.: Player uses a D Polarity Uncommon Rank 3 Fusion Core to power up a D Polarity Mod. The power increase will be larger than using a normal Uncommon Rank 3 Fusion Core). However, using it on a different Polarity will result in half the power of a normal Fusion Core being given to the target mod (e.g.: Player uses a DVPolarity Uncommon Rank 3 Fusion Core to power up a D Polarity Mod. The power increase will be half the power than using a normal Uncommon Rank 3 Fusion Core.

These created Fusion Cores can be sold for credits as well, for around 2,500 - 3,000 credits. 

With this suggestion, I hope to make excess mods have some more use (then again, this is, frankly, most likely an unbalanced and mad suggestion).

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

Seems like an unnecessary step to me.  You do realize that you can already use duplicate mods as a sort of low level fusion core?  For example, to max out my serration I used easily over 1000 copies of Tail Wind, Reach, and all the other incredibly easy to find mods.  That's not even counting all the actual fusion cores and duplicates of serration.

Your idea would allow for the creation of r5 cores, which then could be traded to players for plat or prime parts, ect.  That's not a bad idea, but i don't know if it is really needed.

Seems like an unnecessary step to me.  You do realize that you can already use duplicate mods as a sort of low level fusion core?  For example, to max out my serration I used easily over 1000 copies of Tail Wind, Reach, and all the other incredibly easy to find mods.  That's not even counting all the actual fusion cores and duplicates of serration.

Your idea would allow for the creation of r5 cores, which then could be traded to players for plat or prime parts, ect.  That's not a bad idea, but i don't know if it is really needed.

We can make the Fusion Core created from this method have a higher power, but still make the normal Fusion Cores a viable choice. 

EDIT: Actually, the matching Polarity would already fill in the higher power, meaning it can be viable to choose and make a V Polarity Fusion Core to level up a V Polarity mod card.

Edited by Renegade343