Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh! Seems Like We Killed The Boss. Wait, Why Is The Mission "failed"?

Harrason

Well, as if the part with extraction rushing isn't bad enough, sometimes you deal with people who kill bosses, get the drop, and then abort the mission.

***hole A : "But I couldn't be bothered to wait for you guys to loot the boss! Like, even if a blueprint actually dropped, since you are 20 feet away, you are gonna miss it because I am such an ***hole!"

The Other three : "So apparently we aren't even consulted as to whether we should abort it or not."

I wonder why DE hasn't thought of allowing "Abort Mission" to spring up a choice for other players, or just restrict it to the person himself only. The way it should have worked should be similar to the reward claiming system in Endless Defense.

I have run into this many times now. Some use the cop out answer "Find a clan." Tho I like being in the grey. I have dislike joining guilds/clans/corps since the **** I saw in many MMO's over the years.

Personally I think the OP is totally correct it would be better if anyone aborts they are the only one to get a failed mission. They bounce outta the mission leaving anyone else that did not click the abort mission button inside the mission to complete the last bit if they so choose.

I like my 92% completion rate on my stats and do not wish for people that force you to fail only so they can reque faster to lower my rate...

I didn't know that aborting will cause everyone to get to fail the mission. Are you sure? I've aborted many times because my kids want me to play with them, and I can't pause the game when online. I always thought it was harmless.

Edited by HuggyBear27

It certainly would be the cause. If the player is the host and disconnects from the game by cutting off his internet, what will happen is that for the other three guys, they would actually migrate to a different host. The host himself will continue to play the game, except in Single-Player, effectively branching off the two games.

While not totally proven, quitting the game itself should have the same effect.

Before some of you guys decide to say "Oh then he's probably wrong then.", the thing is, there's too much of a coincidence between killing bosses and "failing" the mission right after. Symptoms include people who keep rushing in the game with absolute zero regard for others including enemies. And it never happens before the boss gets killed.

Which leads me to believe that there's a sense of control regarding the failure of the mission, and the answer is to abort. Aborting, while resulting in a failure, does result in saved progress. Players who don't really care about playing the full game could just get whatever they need(blueprints, farming materials from chests in Endless Defense) and then subsequently abort the mission.

I am not too sure as to whether "Aborting affects all" applies to only the hosts in question, or to anyone in the group who chooses that option, but whatever it is, the problem with the "Aborting affects all" needs to be fixed.

Edited by Harrason

Well, as if the part with extraction rushing isn't bad enough, sometimes you deal with people who kill bosses, get the drop, and then abort the mission.

***hole A : "But I couldn't be bothered to wait for you guys to loot the boss! Like, even if a blueprint actually dropped, since you are 20 feet away, you are gonna miss it because I am such an ***hole!"

The Other three : "So apparently we aren't even consulted as to whether we should abort it or not."

I wonder why DE hasn't thought of allowing "Abort Mission" to spring up a choice for other players, or just restrict it to the person himself only. The way it should have worked should be similar to the reward claiming system in Endless Defense.

The problem isn't the abort itself the problem is when the host aborts the game switches host so you can continue to play but currently the system is all funky and half of the time it results on the host migration failing which messes the game up.

I've done 200+ boss runs and only once has the host's aborting caused mission failure. I have a hard time believing this some huge problem.

Yeah same here, never had this sort of thing be horribly detrimental.

I did six runs yesterday to get Ember parts and half of them were messed up because the host left.

You two haven't experience this? Well, you are lucky, but not everyone is on the same boat.

Host migrations have a good chance at messing up and this is known.

I didnt take a pic of this mission fail screen from a host migration because it only happened once.

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/452/missionfailed.jpg

Edited by Mak_Gohae

If its the ports that are the problem, then I shouldn't be able to connect to their game in the first place.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that in one particular game of mine, when the boss was killed, I barely managed to get to the guy(no blueprints, so meh) but the other two guys weren't here. Moments later, "Mission Failed".

*Goes back to menu screen*

Oh look! The guy who was the first to rush to the boss said he wanted to do the boss again!

"You... did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Apparently our group of 4 was still together as well, if that was supposed to happen.

Edited by Harrason

The problem isn't the abort itself the problem is when the host aborts the game switches host so you can continue to play but currently the system is all funky and half of the time it results on the host migration failing which messes the game up.

This was mentioned in [Livestream #3](

), they're aware and working on it. Edited by DataShade

If its the ports that are the problem, then I shouldn't be able to connect to their game in the first place.

Not true at all. Connecting to games isn't the problem, its the hosting.If you start a map online when no one is playing, can people later join in?

Edited by Inez