The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cannot Activate Physx On A Capable Gpu

Swizzlestix

I currently own a GTX660, which is capable of PhysX on Warframe as I have used it in the past. I have confirmed that DirectX 11 is enabled in the launcher and that my card is using the GPU as the PhysX processor.

What happens;

Upon entering the 'Display' tab in my options, one of two situations can occur;

-The Nvidia PhysX option is set to 'off'. Upon changing it to on, the game asks me to restart.

-The Nvidia PhysX option is greyed out and unchangable.

If situation 1 occurs, and I restart the game after changing PhysX to on, going back to the Display tab shows the PhysX option greyed out now at 'off', like in situation 2. Restarting the game at this point will revert the options back to situation 1.

It seems my game does not want to recognize it can handle PhysX. It allows me to change the option to 'on' half the time, but after resetting to apply the change, it defaults back to 'off'. I haven't tried playing with PhysX in quite some time, it's not vital to gameplay, I just think I ought to mention any irregularities. Perhaps it's an incompatibility with windowed mode, however that never stopped me using it before. 

Thanks!

warframe repair/reinstall or a driver update/rollback maybe?

I might try this later tonight, I'm not sure why it hadn't occurred to me tbh.

try installing an older driver. i have a gtx780 and i have no problems only though i upgrade only to stable drivers not beta.

Might also be that I'm using beta drivers, I'll rollback, thanks for the tip

Do you have your gaming monitor plugged into the GPU ports instead of the motherboard ports? I had the same issue when I upgraded the majority of my computer parts, but using the proper ports solved it for me.

In the past, I ran a three-monitor setup using an external graphics adaptor; while this was plugged in, I couldn't use PhysX with warframe and had to remove the adapter if I wanted to use it at all. Now though, I can plug all three monitors into the GPU just fine. I'll check this out if the above ideas don't solve it though. Thanks!