Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, It's About Time You Get Dedicated Servers For Ds Pvp

Pbrandon1

Right now, 1 person has to host 8 people or less, a large map, and a bunch of enemies at the same time.

Usually, this will result in people with somewhat stable connections or dinosaur computers being wrecked by the load they have to take.

So, with this realization, you can't keep relying on the players to keep hosting sessions or else DS will be hated even more and defenders will keep getting a good advantage, resulting in rage from players coming to forums, spewing the same thing I am saying.

TL:DR: We can't rely on these people to host anymore. We need real servers.

fpMuU5q.jpg

The avg plat per player will need to go up than! Dedicated servers aren't cheap, and games that have them are supported through alternative means. Be that initial revenue on the game purchase, data mining, support from other companies who also gain benefit from it, or recycled servers from previous games. 

While I get your pledge for a dedicated server, just remember that the PS4 runs on the same system, and that for many players actually doesn't bolster too much more power, and honestly often a little less than their own PC's.

So until it becomes an issue for PS4 players not being able to do the same, than PC's which DE have likely took metrics from and fount out the average player can infact sustain it, than the additional cost isn't warranted. 

Thing is, if real servers would exist, they would be scattered around the world, for example:
NA servers
Brazil servers
Europe servers
MoA's with tophats servers

And you could only register to one of those and only connect with one account to the one you registered to, it would also imply that DE would need to implant servers and different builds in several other countries as well in order to keep the servers running. Also it would take more/less time to get an update, depending on where you live, so pretty much it'd be really hard for the players.

The avg plat per player will need to go up than! Dedicated servers aren't cheap, and games that have them are supported through alternative means. Be that initial revenue on the game purchase, data mining, support from other companies who also gain benefit from it, or recycled servers from previous games. 

While I get your pledge for a dedicated server, just remember that the PS4 runs on the same system, and that for many players actually doesn't bolster too much more power, and honestly often a little less than their own PC's.

So until it becomes an issue for PS4 players not being able to do the same, than PC's which DE have likely took metrics from and fount out the average player can infact sustain it, than the additional cost isn't warranted. 

He is talking about dedicated servers for pvp alone, because pvp is a horrible concept if someone is smart enough to give their internet a lag switch to lag out the opponent and kill them. 

He is talking about dedicated servers for pvp alone, because pvp is a horrible concept if someone is smart enough to give their internet a lag switch to lag out the opponent and kill them. 

If a player is lag switching than they will be reported, it's not hard especially in Warframe, and with the DE team on board to file a complaint quickly with evidence. I have played and been host to a PVP match, and my PC is by no where near stellar, and I nor players have had issues. I have a stable connection, nothing amazing.

If a player is lag switching than they will be reported, it's not hard especially in Warframe, and with the DE team on board to file a complaint quickly with evidence. I have played and been host to a PVP match, and my PC is by no where near stellar, and I nor players have had issues. I have a stable connection, nothing amazing.

There is a surprising population of the internet however that doesn't have stable connection and pretty much has the equivalent of a potato as their modem. 

then keep it that way lol, most players dont even like PVP anyways.

So, you are saying we just forget about a big population of the gaming community and pretend that PVP isn't in the game? Even though it is clearly something DE cares about for the game we are testing and giving feedback on based on how PVP should work?

Edit: Remember, we are beta testers. We test and give feedback in a journalistic approach meaning we think of it not in our preference but in a preference that helps a wide group instead of your group alone. 

Edited by Zarbain

Feeling a bit entitled? While I am unaware of DE's finances, it does cost quite a bit to keep up dedicated servers. It is one of those things easier said than done.

They already have to get Dedicated servers for the hubs they are working on. (There is no way in hell those would work otherwise)

Granted those won't be as expensive as using them for even just PvP missions, but you have to do what you have to do. Maybe they could sell the pool table and arcade machines in the office. >_>