Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframe Team For Defense/survival For U14?

SynergyDraco

Question

13 answers to this question

Survival = Banshee for the damage, Nekros for LS, Rhino for CC, Loki for Disarm

Defense = Banshee for damage, Nova (slow) for...slowing, Frost for pod defence, and Nyx for Chaos

Defense (infested) = Banshee, Nova, Vauban, Nyx

These are my personal preferences and have worked very well in high-end gameplay.

Currently Frost (host) and 3 Mirages for defence. After the huge damage buff bug of Mirage's gets fixed then you might want to get some CC warframe as well, like Nova to slow the enemies down.

yea thats basically how it is, just make sure they arent using explosives cus they'll most likely crash your game since clones can shoot up to 20 projectiles each

Thanks, I know you like Banshee, but my clan dojo doesn't have the research done. So for the suggestions on your first post, what would replace Banshee with? Thank you.

That's a tough one. Banshee will give you 11x damage if modded right. It makes 60 minute survival feel like 5 minutes. Any kind of damage booster is helpful after you get some necessary CC in your team.

If you're looking for a replacement, in survival I would do a Speed Nova build to increase the flow of enemies. This is assuming they don't have any weapons thanks to your Loki. In Defense you could replace her with Vauban. Anything to keep them off the pod is helpful in those latter waves. As for something like ODD you could really take anything after you get Nyx, Vauban, and Nova. I would just take a Nekros for the plethora of loot.

If you're using a critical weapon, the headshot bonus is a lot to give up in order to aim for Sonar's glowing spots. A Nova's MP and a critical headshot is a multiplier of 8x (16x sometimes as a client), compared to the 10-11x damage amplification of Sonar. Given that MP can be used to snare enemies as well, making hitting those weak points easier, Nova easily subs in for Banshee for filling the damage amplification role.

If you arrange to use Fire modded weapons, a powerful Accelerant can work, as well as provide some stagger CC.

I also find Banshee to be less useful as damage amp against Infested; basically anything can accompany Vauban and you'll be fine.

Loki+Vauban works great for defenses as well, although you'll probably still need the Frost.

Edited by Darzk

@Darzk

What team set-up do you think is ideal for long T3 or T4 survival or defense missions?

My point was there's plenty of practical working combinations - 2-3 CC's, a damage amp or 2, maybe a Trinity. It also depends on how far you want to go. Any group of 4 geared players can go 40-60 minutes, any half organized group (4x CP+Viral setups) can push 100. To go beyond that you've gotta abuse game mechanics, namely Absorb/AMD stacking or Shield Polarize spam, inside a 4 second snowglobe or a 99% DR Blessing Trinity.

I'm thinking 4 sec SG Frost, Shield Pol Mag, Nekros for LS and Trin for Energy + 100% DR retrievals would be a great setup to push beyond conventional limits (Nekros swapped out for anything on defenses, maybe Nova?) .