The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Video] A Quick Credit Method + Developer Q&a Summary!

SilverBones

Question

In this vid, The Hidden Redcoat shows the benefits in using a Loki with a set of Fang Daggers to farm for credits! Also going over the third Dev Q&A and summarizing some of the items raised in their Live Stream yesterday, including:

- Update 8

- New Weapons

- New Clan Dojo

- GLAIVE

- Other Awesome News!

STABSTABSTABSTAB

21 answers to this question

Well, it's always nice to see more guides around, but I must say it contains hardly any good advice for a guide... There are a lot of mistakes in your mod loadout, and the actual farming is very slow (you would do much better by rushing to the boss and aborting with the bp).

I do mention in the vid that normally, that is what I would do (solo only however). I just wanted to waffle on about the Q&A as an addition to the vid. Take it or leave it.

Also, there is no such things as a 'mistake' in a mod loadout. You take what you want. If it still kills things in no time (as evidenced in the vid) then it does the job.

Mod loadout messed up.

Not much of something anyone don't know already. Farm tolstoj ? Sick of that planet!!

Also fangs ? While your frame flips arms side to side like special need kid, 1 charge for 1 sec = 1 shot kills, add cleave = profit

I wish there was a better way to farm credits than tolstoj, I hate this place

Edited by Unibot

I am alone to find this farming method just lame ?

nope you are not, but its the most effective way of doing so, 1000 credts for the run and 2500 credits for the blue print, 3500 credits for a run that can be done in 2-4mins = the most effective way of grinding credits

I can make more money by finding good team and sticking on defense missions 25 + then sell all useless mods i get

True, but that may not be the case for everyone. This is a low enough level for newcomers, and as stated, is very short s far a time goes.In the meantime its as good as anything else you can do if you can't go and farm Xini or Proteus. Besides, trash mods only sell for about 300. Getting them is a crapshoot too. In the same amount of time it takes to do 15 waves, you can do 3 runs of Tostoj.

Mod loadout messed up.

Not much of something anyone don't know already. Farm tolstoj ? Sick of that planet!!

Also fangs ? While your frame flips arms side to side like special need kid, 1 charge for 1 sec = 1 shot kills, add cleave = profit

I wish there was a better way to farm credits than tolstoj, I hate this place

using the charge attacks on a weapon stops you. Granted, you could do this with a gun, Melee has no reload time or any need to pause if you use something with an effective basic melee. The fang set is perfect for that.

using the charge attacks on a weapon stops you. Granted, you could do this with a gun, Melee has no reload time or any need to pause if you use something with an effective basic melee. The fang set is perfect for that.

No it does not. It doesn't stop me, I run like crazy charging my swing while I run, then I engage target and strike! He is dead and I am moving to the next 3 luky victims...

Here on the video - you are standing still bashing a guy with normal attacks, so normal attacks stops you, charging attacks  - don't

No it does not. It doesn't stop me, I run like crazy charging my swing while I run, then I engage target and strike! He is dead and I am moving to the next 3 luky victims...

Here on the video - you are standing still bashing a guy with normal attacks, so normal attacks stops you, charging attacks  - don't

Try it with a Gram or a Scindo. Something with some real Cleave to it. You stop dead when you finish your charge. Now if you were using a Dual Skana or Heat sword... sure. I guess it is mainly down to preferance, and remember, I mention 2-3 times in the video that I would not be hanging around in a normal speed run. Its just an excuse to waffle about the Dev Stream.

Speaking of which...

I believe there were also talks about buffs for Ash and Ember for Update 8

Ooooh.. I am looking forward to that. I want to see what they will use to replace the shuriken power after they introduce the throwing weapons... which was another thing I forgot to mention.

Also, the stalker doesn't exist.

I'd give you a B for effort, but F for results.

True, Fang does rip through Grineer, but you're using a rank 22 Fang with mods against level 4-5 trash mobs.

Any weapon in the game will do that.

In fact, it'd just be faster to shoot a modded Braton while you're moving so you never even have to stop.

Also, you only stop after a charge attack if you don't mod it with Fury, since you get caught up in the animation.

With a high rank Fury, you barely slow down at all, except for maybe the Fragor or Scindo.

It's not bad at all with a Gram.

I got about 10 seconds into the video before I just started skipping through.

You rabble on about nothing of consequence too much and you could probably shorten this video about 75% just by only talking about useful information.

Maybe then it'd be worth watching.

Besides that, I'd hardly take advice from someone who fused one of his ability mods.

I suppose it's nice that you're trying to help, but all I see is someone trying to shamelessly plug his own garbage videos.
If you really wanted to, you could've summed up that whole thing in a short post.

I'd give you a B for effort, but F for results.

True, Fang does rip through Grineer, but you're using a rank 22 Fang with mods against level 4-5 trash mobs.

Any weapon in the game will do that.

In fact, it'd just be faster to shoot a modded Braton while you're moving so you never even have to stop.

Also, you only stop after a charge attack if you don't mod it with Fury, since you get caught up in the animation.

With a high rank Fury, you barely slow down at all, except for maybe the Fragor or Scindo.

It's not bad at all with a Gram.

I got about 10 seconds into the video before I just started skipping through.

You rabble on about nothing of consequence too much and you could probably shorten this video about 75% just by only talking about useful information.

Maybe then it'd be worth watching.

Besides that, I'd hardly take advice from someone who fused one of his ability mods.

I suppose it's nice that you're trying to help, but all I see is someone trying to shamelessly plug his own garbage videos.

If you really wanted to, you could've summed up that whole thing in a short post.

Thank you for your feedback, sir.

The fused mod thing... yeah. Bonehead maneuver on my part. I wish I could say I was flawless, but I like to think that it only adds to my charm.

Fact is, newbies are going to have low-level weapons and daggers are great against the early Grineer. Fangs moreso becuse they ignore armor and they hit fast. Low level guys are going to have issue with a low-level Gram or Dual Heatsword because the sword swing leaves them vunerable to fire. Hence, fang, fury (although even low-level fang is crazy-fast), speed, survivbility.

True, this could have been summed up in a sentance, but I enjoy making my garbage videos, even if you don't enjoy watching them.

Thanks again!

Try it with a Gram or a Scindo. Something with some real Cleave to it. You stop dead when you finish your charge. Now if you were using a Dual Skana or Heat sword... sure.  I guess it is mainly down to preferance

Sure I do buddy, sure I do. And I am more than happy with its perfomance.

Edited by Unibot

Sure I do buddy, sure I do. And I am more than happy with its perfomance.

I'll try it out for myself. Be interesting to see how it matches up at low levels though. Remember, without mods, it has a slower swing and no AP. Previous commenter made a good point of higher-level weapons tearing through trash though. At lower level, Fang seems to have an advantage against low-level Grineer.

I can't exactly 'bust-down' the levels of my weapons now, can I?

Durrr... Try it with no mods. There's me thinking old school for you.

Edited by SilverBones

Why does everyone gotta be so negative? Who cares if his loadout isn't perfect, he didn't make a "recommended loadout" video but more of a tip video with some commentary on recent events.

Weapons, especially melee weapons, are largely a matter of taste and all that really matters is getting the job done. He likes fangs, recommends them, many will agree many wont. Seems to me effort is better spent writing proper guides or making your own videos instead of bashing largely irrelevant points.

Why does everyone gotta be so negative? Who cares if his loadout isn't perfect, he didn't make a "recommended loadout" video but more of a tip video with some commentary on recent events.

Weapons, especially melee weapons, are largely a matter of taste and all that really matters is getting the job done. He likes fangs, recommends them, many will agree many wont. Seems to me effort is better spent writing proper guides or making your own videos instead of bashing largely irrelevant points.

Another thing mentioned in the Q&A is how when a player base rises in number, the level of negitivity also increases in proportion. Where as this may be the case, I agree in that I would encourage anyone out there to make a guide and do a better job of my little personal recommendations. I don't monetize my channel and I do this in my spare time, so it's not like I am plugging for money.

It's my hope that someone out in the player base finds this useful though, that the main reason for putting these together.

I'll try it out for myself. Be interesting to see how it matches up at low levels though. Remember, without mods, it has a slower swing and no AP. Previous commenter made a good point of higher-level weapons tearing through trash though. At lower level, Fang seems to have an advantage against low-level Grineer.

I can't exactly 'bust-down' the levels of my weapons now, can I?

Durrr... Try it with no mods. There's me thinking old school for you.

That's why you charge. Charged melee isn't affected by armor.

As for why so negative?

It was criticism.

Sure, I could've made it "happier", but I chose not to.

I don't want to make videos.

I rather just post a short paragraph or two on a thread.

You'll notice I gave insight into why he was wrong.

I also suggested better methods and alternatives.

The Braton is 8k credits, whereas the Fang is either 135 plat or 20k for blueprint + 20k for production and abunch of mats.

You'll see how my advice was more useful.

Seems to me effort is better spent offering your own insights (whether positive or negative) than complaining about others who offer improvements with a negative tone.

If you think my points were irrelevant, that's up to you.

But seeing as how this is a guide for new players who a) don't have access to unlimted credits and resources, b) probably don't want to spend a bunch of platinum on a game they just started, and c) will usually just take any bad advice as long as it's phrased well in a video that's decently produced; I think it was highly relevant.

Like I said, the video's well made; I gave it a B.

The guy is well spoken as well.

He just rambles on and gave bad advice.

Edit: I will apologize for calling it a garbage video. It is actually well made. My apologies.

Still, your advice is bad.

Edited by NotSoCommonSense

As for why so negative?

It was criticism.

The Braton is 8k credits, whereas the Fang is either 135 plat or 20k for blueprint + 20k for production and abunch of mats.

Seems to me effort is better spent offering your own insights (whether positive or negative) than complaining about others who offer improvements with a negative tone.

But seeing as how this is a guide for new players who a) don't have access to unlimted credits and resources, b) probably don't want to spend a bunch of platinum on a game they just started, and c) will usually just take any bad advice as long as it's phrased well in a video that's decently produced; I think it was highly relevant.

Edit: I will apologize for calling it a garbage video. It is actually well made. My apologies.

Edit too: Apology gratefully accepted for the comment.

I disagree with your reasoning sir, but I feel we are probably not going to agree on this, although I am glad we can at least have a civil discussion about it.

Thank you again for your feedback, however.

Edited by SilverBones

As for why so negative?

It was criticism.

Just so you know, charge attacks do not ignore armor, it does apply it. Feel free to test it.