Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Kubrows Are Inferior To Sentinels?

Maselko

Personally for me I was taking my Sahasa kubrow at lvl 1 to Sechura, Pluto and even then It didn't die so at least in my personal exp lvling and survivability has been better overall that I've ever had with sentinels. (Some reason it always takes me a long time to lvl sentinels)

Unlike Sentinels, Kubrows can act as a Decoy, taking enemy focus away from you.

Kubrows can be revived from bleedout. They need a mod to make this possible (Default bleedout is 3 seconds, but the Loyal Companion mod gives you up to 90% Bleedout-Link, meaning it'll extend to 20 seconds like a Tenno), but this fact alone is important to consider.

They're also very tough to kill once you've managed to mod them with Link-Shields and/or Health. Link-Armor is fun, too. Their damage output is great for single-targets, but their AI isn't aggressive enough so I suspect Sentinels are better for more reliable cover.

My kubrow is a Raksa and both Protect Howl has already come in handy many times, healing shields and scaring off enemies before I got overwhelmed.

They're different and still need tweaks, but definitely a valid alternative from sentinels.

You might want to get that checked.

Today she's back to running missions without losing Loyalty.  It would be nice if, y'know, they let us know what the rules for the damned things are. So we can know if they are operating as intended or just bugged all to heck.

It is possible (though I have no idea how likely) that they lose loyalty with each mission if below +100% DNA integrity maybe?  I was 80% yesterday and used some DNA food to boost her from 60% back to 100%, and now she's not burning loyalty/mission.

Like I said, no idea how the system is supposed to work, and it's very annoying trying to guess.

Edit for Afterthought:

Even if Loyalty isn't supposed to go down with each mission, that still makes having more than one kind of pointless.  It takes 3 hours to switch out.  Sentinels can auto-switch, so you can have different sentinels to offer different options in missions, where you are pretty much stuck with whichever kubrow you have active, unless you know 3 hours in advance that you need a different dog (and manage to navigate the depths of RNG to manage to get all 4 different types).

Edited by Viverim

they die too quickly  even  with max link health and shield

My Kubrow, when used with my Valk, has 1200 hp, and almost twice the armor of my lvl 30 rhino who uses max steel fiber.

Add that to a maxed out kubrow Life-Steal, and my war beast is basically invulnerable.