Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orikin Reactor & Catalyst

EvilRussianBear

The problem with revamping alerts right now is that Steve said that update 8 would (Paraphrased) "allow clans to change the topology of the solar system map". This adds it's own 'social' reasons for people doing specific missions together and working together. We don't know what this system will look like of course, but it may be that DE replaces alerts with that system, or (more likely*) integrates the alert system into the clan based stuff.

*the coming official alert notification system that DERebecca mentioned means that alerts will likely stick around in one form or another.

And I repeat it, getting info on a bajillionth rifle scavenger or essence loki helmet doesn't encourage people to play and is a very weak social system for a game.  Being able to run more ? alerts because there is an incentive to join up on other peoples' ? alerts and play every ? alert that pops up not only encourages coop and players making connections, it encourages people to play the game.

That is the main purpose of f2p systems in f2p games.  To get people to keep on playing the game.  The more they play the game, the more likely they are to spend money and the less turn over there is on players, which means there is a larger and more consistent active player base.

====================================

=====================================

Lol, and then they stop playing.  There's a great system for maintaining a player base.

Do you actually know that something like alert missions with potatoe BP´s exist?

A beginner can easily max out his first frame without the dependants of luck if you maybe get my point now.....

Do you actually know that something like alert missions with potatoe BP´s exist?

A beginner can easily max out his first frame without the dependants of luck if you maybe get my point now.....

===========================================

Lol, they exist, but you can only take advantage of them if they happen to go up at a time where you're not asleep/at work/having a life.

Maxing out your first frame doesn't take very long. Many people go weeks without being on at the right time for a potato alert. This means that f2p players progression can easily stagnate and thus discourage them from continuing to play the game.

Sure you can technically max out 2 frames and 8 weapons, but who's going to want to do that when they're likely going to be stuck playing with most of them in an under powered state, potentially for weeks?

Edited by Aggh

===========================================

Lol, they exist, but you can only take advantage of them if they happen to go up at a time where you're not asleep/at work/having a life.

Thats why you have your start plat......

Thats why you have your start plat......

========================================================

Which lets you max 1-2 frames, 1-2 weapons, but only if you don't want any slots.  So you either max out a handful of weapons or frames, don't see a potato for weeks and get bored of the game.

Or even if you do get lucky with some potato alerts, get bored of the game anyways since you'd have to sell stuff you've put hours into leveling up to get anything new once you've filled up your slots.

It's a bad forumla for maintaing a f2p player base.

Edited by Aggh

Venarge> You still have the problem, to accept the importance and impact of potatos, right?

I would say I dont see the importance since they arent really important to me. Like I said. I can handle my uncharged excal very well.... Its an personal view. You think they are super important. I dont think that.....

========================================================

Which lets you max 1-2 frames, 1-2 weapons, but only if you don't want any slots.  So you either max out a handful of weapons or frames, don't see a potato for weeks and get bored of the game.

Or even if you do get lucky with some potato alerts, get bored of the game anyways since you'd have to sell stuff you've put hours into leveling up to get anything new once you've filled up your slots.

It's a bad forumla for maintaing a f2p player base.

Or, you actually pay 5 bucks if the overaul game pleases you.....

I can understand that this is a F2P game. But since they add the slots to the "get through playing" things, only the potatoes are left in the shop. And I dont see many people paying 5 bucks for a simple color palette. There must be things you can get easier by buying. Making a potatoe cost 1 million credits. ok. or 500k. Something so expensive that the actualy real money would be more interesting ok. But all else, nah

Edited by Venarge

I would say I dont see the importance since they arent really important to me. Like I said. I can handle my uncharged excal very well.... Its an personal view. You think they are super important. I dont think that.....

=====================

It's not a question of ease of use.  It's a question of progression.  Players know their frames can be better with a bit of cash or being on for an alert, therefore they feel they're getting screwed since they are so hard to get.

And we are back to an easy solution.

Just make the Catalyst and Reactor blueprints available in Market for lot of credits.

This way, the player has more options and decided, what to chose. Whether to pay cash, hope for daily reward (didn't happen to me for two months), hope for alerts or PLAY THE GAME AND GRIND THE CREDITS.

Edited by zelgaris

Or, you actually pay 5 bucks if the overaul game pleases you.....

I can understand that this is a F2P game. But since they add the slots to the "get through playing" things, only the potatoes are left in the shop. And I dont see many people paying 5 bucks for a simple color palette. There must be things you can get easier by buying. Making a potatoe cost 1 million credits. ok. or 500k. Something so expensive that the actualy real money would be more interesting ok. But all else, nah

===========================

Actually, you obviously don't understand that this is a f2p game.  Because high turn over rate even on people that will never spend cash on the game is actually bad for the game.  The game needs to be able to maintain a player base for paying players to play with.

For now, warframe has some good coverage and is early into steam launch, but those numbers aren't going to stay.  The f2p system needs to be able to encourage people to stay and not make them feel that they are being forced to spend money to play the game.  Otherwise the player numbers will dwindle just like they do with every f2p game.

F2p systems have to encourage people to actually play the game and keep on playing it.  The alert system, slot system, and catalyst system do not achieve that goal atm.

Edited by Aggh

Aggh> Come on, there is nothing wrong with the way catalyst/reactor work - just the availability is "broken" :)

It's way better than increasing rank cap as is common for MMOs.

==============================

Their availability is part of the way catalysts are implemented so it's more than fair to say that their current implementation hurts the game.

They are fairly important from the perpective of progression, I'll admit to that but the reallity is also that you don't really need those even to do high level missions. The only situation where you might end up needing catalysts is to farm high end waves of defense missions. Like say going to waves 35 for example. Other than defense mission at high ends which serve only the purpose of farming or saying, I can do it. There is no need for catalyst to beat any game content. The starting 50 plat allows for 2 catalysts and you can get more through random rewards mission and dayly login's. I got one in about 2 weeks of playing and if I don't have more is because I don't pay attention to it as much as I should.

So, taking into account that to beat content you don't really need the catalysts (they are only needed as a progression perspective) and taking into account that they can be obtained for free, even if it means lucky or being there are the right time. I don't see any problem with the current system. Especially when they are so damn cheap.

Now as to the reguards of making the F2P system on a farming basis only. You have that for all of the real important stuff and DE also needs to make some money. If you don't want to be bothered throwing a bucks at them then accept random luck because things pretty much work like this.

If you have a job then spending the minimum amount of money to get a few catalysts once in your life is acceptable, it won't hurt you and supporting the company which is giving you a great game that you get to play for free is only good. If you don't have a job or any other form on income then you do happen to have a lot of free time and the only reason you don't get more catalyst blueprints is because you don't want to be bothered to be logged on for longer to get them. Heck there is even the alarts forum where you can just be checking out what anything gives if you don't want to be assed going afer every single random reward mission.

Why are people still complaining about this?  We had a dev forced random reward alert with orokin catalyst bp after the live feed and then we had 2 more random alerts as well that 1000's of players were able to get that ended up being orokin catalysts as well!  Seriously, 3 of the same bp that you wanted, all in the span of an hour of game time if you were like me.  Quit complaining already and someone please get a dev to lock this thread.  It's obvious there are a number F2P players that will absolutely refuse to spend even a nickel on this game and want everything handed to them on a silver platter.  They can claim that they want to be able to grind for the premium items, but at the same time, they have already claimed that they aren't able to get ingame due to real life interruptions.

The moment you have like 400 shields and 300 life you can pretty much lay waste to anything without even using warframe abillities.

=================================================================================================

Please solo lek kril in 5 minutes without any abilities or ammo boxes and a frame and weapon that aren't tatered.  Supercharged frames and weapons are key in efficently farming later bosses for BPs.

Why are people still complaining about this?  We had a dev forced random reward alert with orokin catalyst bp after the live feed and then we had 2 more random alerts as well that 1000's of players were able to get that ended up being orokin catalysts as well!  Seriously, 3 of the same bp that you wanted, all in the span of an hour of game time if you were like me.  Quit complaining already and someone please get a dev to lock this thread.  It's obvious there are a number F2P players that will absolutely refuse to spend even a nickel on this game and want everything handed to them on a silver platter.  They can claim that they want to be able to grind for the premium items, but at the same time, they have already claimed that they aren't able to get ingame due to real life interruptions.

====================================================================================================

We've also had whole weeks without a single potato alert, what's your point?

Edited by Aggh

LongDraw> Are you really using the fact, that there was an alert mission after the recent livestream that dropped a Catalyst, as an argument? So people, who just happened to not be online at the time (or everyday) don't get anything, for example because they have work, life and other responsibilities and hobbies? You should be happy you were online, but using this as an argument considering the item's availability is stupid.

But it's good to know, that grinding a boss for credits over and over again is considered "everything handed on a silver platter". Are you even reading, what you wrote?

"They can claim that they want to be able to grind for the premium items, but at the same time, they have already claimed that they aren't able to get ingame due to real life interruptions." - if you know the target goal, e.g. 50 000 credits (which is still better goal and motivation than "maybe it drops"), you don't have to grind it all at once. You don't even have to grind, you can just play the game and earn credits normally - the grinding here was used, because somebody pointed out grinding Vor is supposedly the most effective way to get credits fast.

Please at least think a bit before writing anything...

I actually haven't got to him since I mostly play co-op with a friend and don't want to just get ahead of my friend, as for killing him without anything supercharged. I would, only that I already have everything supercharged because I actually supported the company with 9 euros and guess where I threw the money into? Yeah that's right. Those cheaper than everything else potatoes.

Still, I've played for a week without anything supercharged, even did boss runs on solo and guess how hard it was? In fact the first thing I supercharged was my pistols with the plat I was given by DE to start with, my initial warframe was never supercharged and was sold since I hated the volt.

Now you say you work all week and have no time to get all of those potatoes? Well, throw 9 euros into it. You're supporting a company that develops a good game which you like (cause if you didn't you wouldn't be playing) and wit hteh 50 start plat it meas you get a total of 220 plat. That's 11 potatoes you can buy in total and don't even come with the everything is suposed to be free. Everything is free. If you have the time to throw into the game you get everything for free. If you don't have that time then don't complain, the problem is yours to start with. You know how F2P work, you got the time, you got everything for free, if you don't then you have ways to buy things.

What you want is everything given to you without having to work for it and without paying.

I actually haven't got to him since I mostly play co-op with a friend and don't want to just get ahead of my friend, as for killing him without anything supercharged. I would, only that I already have everything supercharged because I actually supported the company with 9 euros and guess where I threw the money into? Yeah that's right. Those cheaper than everything else potatoes.

Still, I've played for a week without anything supercharged, even did boss runs on solo and guess how hard it was? In fact the first thing I supercharged was my pistols with the plat I was given by DE to start with, my initial warframe was never supercharged and was sold since I hated the volt.

Now you say you work all week and have no time to get all of those potatoes? Well, throw 9 euros into it. You're supporting a company that develops a good game which you like (cause if you didn't you wouldn't be playing) and wit hteh 50 start plat it meas you get a total of 220 plat. That's 11 potatoes you can buy in total and don't even come with the everything is suposed to be free. Everything is free. If you have the time to throw into the game you get everything for free. If you don't have that time then don't complain, the problem is yours to start with. You know how F2P work, you got the time, you got everything for free, if you don't then you have ways to buy things.

What you want is everything given to you without having to work for it and without paying.

===================================================================

Precisely!  They say they work all week and have no time to get all of those potatoes.  Guess what?  I'm away from my computer from 5:40AM till 6:30PM Monday - Friday just for work alone.  Figure in spending time with the fiancé every Saturday and sunday and I effectively get only about 1-2 hours per week day, assuming I don't just decide to go to bed because I'm exhausted.  Yet I can get ingame and get potatoes and all sorts of goodies??  Yeah, quit being a spoiled brat.

Edited by LongDraw

Zelgaris - The problem with this thread is people wanting catalysts by not having to work forit. If you have the time you will eventually get the BPs. It's not a maybe, it's a you will get them!

People just want the BP available at cheap prices readly at hand. You know what? Let DE remove it from random mission and daily rewards and put it on market. But let it be 10 million credits. Then go farm for it and see how much you like it. More so, let's see all the people who liked the free to play buisness as it was cause the BPs were quite attainable starting to rage over how hard it became to get.