Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs Please Take A Look! - Plant Unlock For New Player

Ashafa

Hello i made a post on steam and got some information and now i want to explain  the issue. ( I am pretty sure a big part of this related to the latest changes that aint allowing new players to join games in progress ! ).
I am posting this because i love the game and want to support it, but atm its really hard to play and progress.

"Hello so i been spending the past week playing warframe as a new player and this is my conclusion.
must of the players unlocked the missions long time ago and focusing on doing the popular stuff while new players struggling with unlocking planets, many hard / impossible missions to solo + very low chance of finding a group , i got a long gaming background behind me but this is something new... in the time i spent i usuely manage to do x 10 more progress in a game but this game just had me sitting and waiting to find people for like 90% of the timei spent in it, i tried it all, no ping limit any region, join a game and wait ( usuely the best i get is 1 extra person which allmost always leads to a fail run unless he heavy geared vet ) ...This is something that needs to be looked on ASP! because honestly as a new player i would avoid this game unless i am comming with 2+ friends.
Make a new system to encourge people to do those missions or make an option for lower difficulty for solo play so new people can progress!!!!
P.S Having a flow of new players is importent for any multiplayer game , something to consider for both the company and the game vets."

Edited by kresa3333

Skill levels will always vary between players. It's obvious people will continue playing the 'popular' missions, as they are usually after something specific. Unfortunately this is the case with all MMOs as well, as you can't expect to randomly meet up with others who want to do the same mission as you at lower levels.

If a player is struggling to complete and unlock missions, there is a recruitment channel and forum, as well as tons of guilds out there to link up with. If you absolutely need someone else to play with, you will have to put in a little more effort. If you're spending your time sitting and waiting, you could be spending your time getting better at the game, or actively seeking out people to group with.

Skill levels will always vary between players. It's obvious people will continue playing the 'popular' missions, as they are usually after something specific. Unfortunately this is the case with all MMOs as well, as you can't expect to randomly meet up with others who want to do the same mission as you at lower levels.

If a player is struggling to complete and unlock missions, there is a recruitment channel and forum, as well as tons of guilds out there to link up with. If you absolutely need someone else to play with, you will have to put in a little more effort. If you're spending your time sitting and waiting, you could be spending your time getting better at the game, or actively seeking out people to group with.

Hey i am a fast learner and i know what i am doing so its not about skill , what i do lack is the gear the high rank players using and the stronger warframes.. but even with that  there are many missions that were ment for a group like defence/capture/survival etc.... so when u cant find a group for those something must be broken  am i wrong?

Now about the other things u suggested like clan  the LFG channel forum etc.. first of all  its not a 1 time issue , it usuely this way on allmost all of the missions, so asking for help in clan forum etc isnt fun on a 24/7 basis,  and about the LFG channel i tried that more then once and no response and all i see in it is T1-4 runs or ODx. 

P.S  I played crazy amount of mmo's and its not like this in other mmo's... its the first time i actully couldnt progress in a game.

Edited by kresa3333

Just for the record, joining mid game isn't out of the game entirely. It only stops you from doing so the first time you play a mission type.

This was mentioned in the patch notes, and I can assure you you can still join mid game. For I have been doing so still since U14 ^^.

Edit:

Comparing progress in other mmo's seems kind of pointless unless they are similar in structure to be honest, so I'm not sure why you bring that up. Not that I don;t have sympathy for your position, nor am I dismissing your issue. I think it;s a very real one.

I'm sure DE would love to have enough new player influx for these "population" issues to disappear. But I don't think it's entirely fair to expect them to fix something that is a issue in almost every mmo, which is the fact that there is almost never a reason to revisit 80% of the content besides personal preference. Ya know, since "endgame" is all that matters(I don't have that sentiment personally)

Edited by Lynxh

Just for the record, joining mid game isn't out of the game entirely. It only stops you from doing so the first time you play a mission type.

This was mentioned in the patch notes, and I can assure you you can still join mid game. For I have been doing so still since U14 ^^.

If this is correct then this only means that the problem wasnt in U14 and what i wrote on my quote should be considered.

I am sure that when the vets were new players it was very easy to find a group to progress because all were on the same page but once things settled down the new players go into very unfriendly zone.

Usuely in must of the other mmo games u got a simple option to solo everything till the point where all the vets at,  i would vote for a more complex system to encourge vets to play those missions again but it will be harder to create then just make solo queue easier to solo ( difficulty choice etc...).

Edited by kresa3333