Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aoe Melee Hits Enemies 'below' - Abuse Bug

DuskFrame

I ended up on a rather difficult mission solo yesterday and found myself surrounded by infested.  There was a nice two meter tall crate to hop on and rather than waste my ammo I thought I'd try the AOE melee.

To my delight and surprise I could jump and hold melee on top of this crate all I wanted and it'd do damage to all the enemies surrounding the crate that were unable to shoot at me or melee me.  Was an easy forty (est) kills.

I believe this is not so much a bug but a QA item for abuse that should be looked at.

Thanks!

I ended up on a rather difficult mission solo yesterday and found myself surrounded by infested.  There was a nice two meter tall crate to hop on and rather than waste my ammo I thought I'd try the AOE melee.

To my delight and surprise I could jump and hold melee on top of this crate all I wanted and it'd do damage to all the enemies surrounding the crate that were unable to shoot at me or melee me.  Was an easy forty (est) kills.

I believe this is not so much a bug but a QA item for abuse that should be looked at.

Thanks!

I found this little trick out rather early on and it's allowed me to solo rather tough missions with little to no effort. They did fix leapers so that they can jump up onto those crates, but anything taller than 1 crate high is too much for them to jump.

I don't want to point any fingers or derail the thread, but I find it a bit "weird" that the only replies to this are "Oh, I've known about this for a long time! I use it to solo missions I shouldn't be able to and farm stuff!".

That's pretty much admitting you've been exploiting all that time, especially since you waited for someone else to report the issue before you chimed in.

Considering this is a beta, bugs are bound to happen. The purpose of these forums is exactly that: report them so they can be fixed (this goes for both negative issues as well as exploits).

Back to the topic: I think it might be the collision on the jump attack that is a bit wonky (it seems they added some Z depth to it, perhaps there were other issues if they didn't? Or it might also be an oversight). I think it would still be easier to fix the collision on the melee attack than try and find pathing/AI that will get around crates (or maybe add some infested with ranged attacks? :P).

If it can only let you solo missions that you would have no problems doing multi, then it's not that big a deal. But if it lets you farm missions for far longer and far beyond your level/power range, then it could easily upset the economy (which is going to be very important when/if they introduce any form of trading).