Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genetic Imprints And Why They Are Bad.

Grulos

The idea of the genetic imprints is great. You get to create new breeds and colors and patterns of Kubrow fur with them.

BUT:

You are only able to create 2 imprints per Kubrow AND they are consumed. Additionally, imprints are not 100% guaranteed to copy their traits. RNG at its best.

Who thought of this limitations? You will never be able to create the Kubrow you want with this super-limiting limitations. This is taking the enthusiasm out of the game by severly limiting the possibilites.

This means if I have a striped Kubrow and I take 2 imprints of it to make another Kubrow striped, there is no 100% chance that the new Kubrow is striped, so your imprints are GONE. You also can't make new imprints of your old striped coolbro, because, you know, you only can take 2 and thats it.

So you have to buy them for a ridiculous price off the trading channel or take another shot at RNG by creating another random Kubrow (which takes RNG to get the egg, or buy with plat) to have a small chance for a striped one.

I have 2 solutions: Either make the number of imprints takeable from Kubrows unlimited  (maybe limited to 2 of the same Kubrow in the inventory at the same time, but no limit on how often you can take imprints) OR make the imprints reusable.

Please DE, change something. You are getting more and more restrictive with your hyped new features behind a RNG and/or plat wall.

Edited by Grulos

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!

at least 4 days ago i did two huras together and they had awesome patterns 1 was a lotus and the other was like a tiger style they both looked epic i got both their imprints and added together but guess what i got a sunika that was a orange and white with no patterns....FML

so yeah this is true

I personally think they should scrap imprints and just keep customization like Sentinels.

BUT, If they had made the 'base' kubrow design be a bit more varied (tails, ears, builds, fur length, etc) and have those traits tradable via imprints. It would of been better.

Biggest issue with imprints is people mostly want it for colors and patterns.. which doesn't leave a lot of customization for us (Minus the to-be armors and syndannas).

That would make trading imprints bad.

Why? It makes them available for everyone, not only for the ones with the largest purse.

I personally think they should scrap imprints and just keep customization like Sentinels.

BUT, If they had made the 'base' kubrow design be a bit more varied (tails, ears, builds, fur length, etc) and have those traits tradable via imprints. It would of been better.

Biggest issue with imprints is people mostly want it for colors and patterns.. which doesn't leave a lot of customization for us (Minus the to-be armors and syndannas).

THAT, would be the best solution.

But the crossbreeding like Mendel sure is interesting too. IF DONE RIGHT and not restrictive like now.

THAT, would be the best solution.

But the crossbreeding like Mendel sure is interesting too. IF DONE RIGHT and not restrictive like now.

Just imagine the combination possibilities if you had these other genetic traits!

But they should at least start off by making patterns, build and sub-species (Sehara, Raska etc) the only things effected by RNG and imprint/tradable. Leave colors to the player to select, or buy palettes for. 

I have 2 solutions: Either make the number of imprints takeable from Kubrows unlimited  (maybe limited to 2 of the same Kubrow in the inventory at the same time, but no limit on how often you can take imprints) OR make the imprints reusable.

There's 3rd (and I think better) solution: using the imprint should give 100% chance on inheriting the trait. This way it would be reasonable to limit the number of takeable imprints and making the imprints consumable.

There's 3rd (and I think better) solution: using the imprint should give 100% chance on inheriting the trait. This way it would be reasonable to limit the number of takeable imprints and making the imprints consumable.

Limiting it to only 2 is still super restrictive.

Unlimited imprints wouldn't be a good idea.   A person gets a single rare and awesome imprint and that is unlimited premium revenue for them.  The limitation is healthy.

Being re-usable would be bad as well, because that's the same thing.  AFAIK, it's been made so that if you use two identical imprints you will always receive that pattern.  So it becomes the same situation as above, as you breed unlimited rare pattern kubrows and make imprints of them endlessly to sell.

The only proper solution is what AlienOvermind has already suggested.  100% chance to breed a kubrow which inherits all traits from the imprints.

No, it would be tolerable. You get only two imprints, but you are absolutely sure these things will work. Restrictive, but depending less on a RNG's whims.

Problem being, even then, the two-imprint limit still makes attempting to selectively breed two different mutts for traits you want non-viable and ultimately dependent on RNG.

For example, Doge A has a color/pattern you like, but you don't care for its body type and the reverse holds true for Doge B, you roll snake eyes twice and their imprints produce Doges C and D with the undesirable traits of both and the traits you were trying to encourage are lost, resulting in the bloodline effectively going extinct within a single generation (which is how the system "works" as-is and it's just plain silly).

The only way selective breeding will ever be viable with a hard limit of two imprints is if you can select exactly which traits carry over and which are excluded from the imprint. Simply having a 100% chance of traits passing to the next generation can't even work if the parents have traits which are mutually exclusive (e.g. body type, you can only have one).

Edited by Taranis49