Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wondering Why Blueprints Have Such Low Droprates?

Aizeol

Question

From what I've found the RNG (random number generator) isn't soley to blame, we the players are part of the problem. Well, not specifically us but what we're doing.

The problem is that the blueprint drop, which looks like an affinity orb, is severely effected by physics. This becomes an issue if anyone on the team kills the boss with a high impact attack.

These attacks include (from what I've found so far):

-Any melee attack, normal or charged

-Any Bolt weapon, bolto, boltor, akbolto, I'm sure paris is also guilty

-Any shotgun

-Any warframe power that causes direct damage

-Any Ultimate that causes damage.

Please try and spread this information.

7 answers to this question

From what I've found the RNG (random number generator) isn't soley to blame, we the players are part of the problem. Well, not specifically us but what we're doing.

The problem is that the blueprint drop, which looks like an affinity orb, is severely effected by physics. This becomes an issue if anyone on the team kills the boss with a high impact attack.

These attacks include (from what I've found so far):

-Any melee attack, normal or charged

-Any Bolt weapon, bolto, boltor, akbolto, I'm sure paris is also guilty

-Any shotgun

-Any warframe power that causes direct damage

-Any Ultimate that causes damage.

Please try and spread this information.

Sometimes it takes some looking for, but almost every item that goes "off" the screen has a reset location. 

That's why you should always look around after killing the boss..

Sometimes it takes some looking for, but almost every item that goes "off" the screen has a reset location. 

yeah look "arround the are of dead boss" but not the whole room where boss was...i often lost blueprints after boss died as i can see this white orb flying onto another planet with terribly high speed and height

An easier solution to all of these points is to simply change how you kill the boss. It's only the final blow that matters. You can take away 99.9% of the boss's health and deal .01% with a lato or something.

An easier solution to all of these points is to simply change how you kill the boss. It's only the final blow that matters. You can take away 99.9% of the boss's health and deal .01% with a lato or something.

Nope, still going to play batter up with my hammer :P

yeah look "arround the are of dead boss" but not the whole room where boss was...i often lost blueprints after boss died as i can see this white orb flying onto another planet with terribly high speed and height

I hate when thats happens.

Nope, still going to play batter up with my hammer :P

That's fine, but remember that others may be trying to get blueprints. The hammer is fine for almost every bit of damage. But when you kill a boss with a melee attack in a large, open room the physics will send the blueprints flying.All I'm saying is please be considerate.