Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions Need More Excitement/challenges!

kagexcookeh

Okay, lets be honest here. Once you do a plant or two, you really notice the huge simularity of all the missions and the grind that comes with them. Once you finish the entire system your kind of sitting there waiting for those alerts being bored doing the same missions, capturing or assassinating the same people; Over, and over again.

Now, im not suggesting we just make new types of missions(although, would be fine) im just suggesting we get a challenge for each mission now, like if we are on an exterminate mission we have something that really makes clearing that area out, more interesting. Challenge Modes like:

- 1 Health (with or without shield)

- Only Specific enemies(Like only melee enemies, or only grineer bombers, etc)

- Only melee weapons, or only secondary weapons.

- Surge challenge mode(where there are like triple or more targets.)

- Bosses are invincible while mobs are still alive around them?

- TIMERS! , (give me a time requirement to kill those 120 grineer.)

(or just record my time and make me want to be faster than others!)

I'm just suggesting something for end game players to prove their badassness !!!

a couple things:

-you might be interested in nightmare nodes if your looking for more of a challenge. 

-if you want to do a mission with only melee or only secondaries, just take your other weapons off.

-another form of challenge is tuning your mods to not be so powerful and run missions with enemy levels you feel most comfortable with fighting.

as for most of your other points, i cant imagine any mission being fun with only one health and no shield (as the game is now, perhaps after stealth 2.0?). also if you want more variety you typically wouldn't limit the different kinds of enemies you fight. 

i do agree however, that there should be more to our missions than run here, kill this, leave. but maybe more along the lines of random side activities that are fun and also only reward something like more xp (that way there isn't any fuss that "john doe" can't get "x" component because rng is sooo dumb")

just my 2 cents.

Edit: Also, thank you for actually making a constructive post! most people just rant how dumb the game is and such. it's nice to see some others out there once in a while! :)

Edited by AveryJ

Have you ever tried a Nightmare mission? (Just curious)

There's~

No shields.

Reduced Gravity (Kinda fun, actually).

Timer.

Health Vampire (Constantly lose health).

Energy Vampire (Same as the above)

Enemy damage buff (Triple, according to the wiki)

Lethaler Explosive Barrels.

Higher level enemies.

Longer reload times.

And the most insidious of them all!

Ammo Storage Deficit. (Storage lockers no longer drop ammo, but enemies do! (It's evil, I know))

We do (or did) have missions that will (or would) switch objectives after the primary goal of the mission was completed, but now you're given a voluntary choice whether you want to sabotage the ship after rescuing the target (but I haven't seen one in a while).

Surge would be awesome, though.

- 1 Health (with or without shield)

- Only Specific enemies(Like only melee enemies, or only grineer bombers, etc)

- Only melee weapons, or only secondary weapons.

- Surge challenge mode(where there are like triple or more targets.)

- Bosses are invincible while mobs are still alive around them?

- TIMERS! , (give me a time requirement to kill those 120 grineer.)

- 1 Bleed proc and you go down.

- Boring.

- Flying enemies, bosses, etc.

- Number of target =/= challenge.

- One boss with this would be cool.

- Nightmare mod have timer.

Edited by letir