The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Water Frame Tiburon + Concept Art!

FrostWolf

When I heard Shark I instantly thought "Please let her ultimate be her summoning a giant shark form no where"

I like the idea, we have fire ice and poison, now we only need the rest of the elemental circle. Perhaps special interaction with Frost?

I really don't understand the down votes that people receive for decent warframe concepts. It's like the community want the warframe to have the same monotonous abilities of the other warframes, but at the same time, be unique. 

It's seems as if players are jealous if we finally create some warframes where all 4 skills are relatively useful. Sure, some of the abilities may be similar to others, BUT the similarities that people seem to point out are nearly unchangeable. 

"It does damage, so it's like x frame, not original" (Not in this topic, but other frame suggestion topics)

"It has utility, it's like x frame, not original" (Also not in this topic, but other frame suggestion topics)

Wow. Simply amazed. 

I'm sure even DE is working on making all of the abilities of all the other warframes become unique and useful. And some of these players are offering JUST that in their concept ideas. 

I feel that the only people who downvote don't, no wait, probably can't give a coherent and reasonable argument to why they downvoted. I barely see any constructive criticism, only down votes, and THEN upvotes on people wanting a water based frame. 

@FrostWolf, I like the idea, the skills are unique and seem to actually have some use at all stages of the game, including late-game (I wonder if the down voters have even reached that point). 

tl;dr - The down votes on these frame topics have no reasoning behind them. 

Edited by Ravtek

I really don't understand the down votes that people receive for decent warframe concepts. It's like the community want the warframe to have the same monotonous abilities of the other warframes, but at the same time, be unique. 

It's seems as if players are jealous if we finally create some warframes where all 4 skills are relatively useful. Sure, some of the abilities may be similar to others, BUT the similarities that people seem to point out are nearly unchangeable. 

"It does damage, so it's like x frame, not original" 

"It has utility, it's like x frame, not original"

Wow. Simply amazed. 

I'm sure even DE is working on making all of the abilities of all the other warframes become unique and useful. And some of these players are offering JUST that in their concept ideas. 

I feel that the only people who downvote don't, no wait, probably can't give a coherent and reasonable argument to why they downvoted. I barely see any constructive criticism, only down votes, and THEN upvotes on people wanting a water based frame. 

@FrostWolf, I like the idea, the skills are unique and seem to actually have some use at all stages of the game, including late-game (I wonder if the down voters have even reached that point). 

Essentialy thats what I was going for, Four abilities you couldn't say, This is X with a Water pallette swap.

Edited by FrostWolf

Lol you know you're a big shot when you have a hate club.

But no not like Kisame's Bullet, more like Fizz from LoL or the SHARK GUN from Saints Row The Third.

Oh I see... Wait What?

-Goes to look up shark gun-

Edited by FrostWolf

I'm surprised you haven't changed Blood Boil. It won't work against against Corpus and Grineer because of the 5 meter range. It won't work as well as you might want against infested because of their spawn rate(75 energy skill..) and by the time you prepare the skill, they most likely already destroyed the cryopod that you were defending.

Could work if a Loki uses Decoy and/or Radial Disarm combo, but Decoy has a health bar now...

Edited by Stygi

I'm surprised you haven't changed Blood Boil. It won't work against against Corpus and Grineer because of the 5 meter range. It won't work as well as you might want against infested because of their spawn rate(75 energy skill..) and by the time you prepare the skill, they most likely already destroyed the cryopod that you were defending.

Could work if a Loki uses Decoy and/or Radial Disarm combo, but Decoy has a health bar now...

The Five meter Range is the Explosive radius, You can cast the move from a a good distance away IE chip away with a rifle and then cast it and make them good boom.

and the move is pretty must an instant cast there is no delay effect

However.

Maybe I should make changes its activation effect... You suggested Make it an AOE move that saps life and if the sap kills them, They explode. Correct?

Was the Effect Field Stationary or it be like a debuff it follows the enemy around?

A Stationary field kinda defeats the point of the moves purpose -Cause why not just make a damage field that explodes at the end-

So The move effects a group of enemies and if the initial cast kills them you get the Highest form of damage -90%-120% Max health damage- while if the Sap kills them its the lower 60%-90%.

Whatcha think?

Edited by FrostWolf

The Five meter Range is the Explosive radius, You can cast the move from a a good distance away IE chip away with a rifle and then cast it and make them good boom.

and the move is pretty must an instant cast there is no delay effect

Yeah, I understand that 5 meters is the explosion radius. Since Grineer and Corpus don't really tend to gather in close groups like Infested, this ability would be most effective against infested and not so much on the other factions.

I suggested making stationary aoe field because it would be much easier to use and also because the ability costs so much energy. Right now, you need to lower an enemy's health to almost dead, tell your teammate don't kill it I'm using Blood Boil, then activate the ability. Instead of having the last hit cause an explosion, just having the condition that they explode if they die in the field may be easier. Although, with this, 60% max health damage may be too much.

A stationary aoe field would persist after the first enemy explodes and deals damage, if you use it well, more enemies would explode after dying in the field.

But since, you increased the damage it does, it think it's fine for the energy cost.

Edited by Stygi

Yeah, I understand that 5 meters is the explosion radius. Since Grineer and Corpus don't really tend to gather in close groups like Infested, this ability would be most effective against infested and not so much on the other factions.

I suggested making stationary aoe field because it would be much easier to use and also because the ability costs so much energy. Right now, you need to lower an enemy's health to almost dead, tell your teammate don't kill it I'm using Blood Boil, then activate the ability. Instead of having the last hit cause an explosion, just having the condition that they explode if they die in the field may be easier. Although, with this, 60% max health damage may be too much.

A stationary aoe field would persist after the first enemy explodes and deals damage, if you use it well, more enemies would explode after dying in the field.

But since, you increased the damage it does, it think it's fine for the energy cost.

Higher levels they swarm together more frequently

Grineer like to make firing ranks and lining up.

and Corpus pretty much try burying you under the bodies of expendable units.

At lower levels its not gonna be that effective even on Infested, then again its kinda suppsoe to be a move you'll have to pratice with... Rain Bullet is the spammable one.

Edited by FrostWolf

2:59 - 3:04

Yes I know video quality and Matrix music

but the spell attack illustrates how i see Rain Bullet working -It's just a single "Drop" fired from Tiburon instead of cluster bombing of drops from the sky with the iniitial hit hurting the target like hell and the burst knocking/stunnnig every one near by.

Edited by FrostWolf

Looks like I'll be waiting a while on that concept art He wants to finish his current request completely... I can respect that

sigh...I mean unless someone really wants to argue stats/moves I think i'll just limit bumping this every two to three days or if I come up with an Alt move.

Reposting and deleting an old post looks less awkward when you bump.

THe frame concept is pretty solid, I'd say. Though she seems to be high on all the stats, e.g. shield, armour, health, energy... Maybe a tradeoff is in order?

If what way?

She's suppose to be a tankish frontline fighter but She has lower  the HP/Shield/Armor then Frost or Rhino She makes up for it by being faster and having a higher energy pool.

I guess if you wanted to you could give her Lower less tankish values at start Say Mag-ish stats but Her shields and Health boom as she ranks up to more where thier around Rhino and Frosts

___

On further reveiw and comparison.

I'm kinda having trouble seeing where the stats are on the High side?

She's has 50 points less health then Excalibur... infact its the Third lowest MAX health value after Loki and Mag unless you read 250 as 350

Shield wise She's only the fourth largest with a full 100 sp difference between Frost,Rhino and Mag -450 each-

Armor is the same as Saryn's

The only two thing she has that's higher is the same Power pool as a "Caster" unit, The highest base Shield Recharge and the third fastest sprint speed.

Edited by FrostWolf