Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Concerns And Suggestions

Yefrign

Skip to the bottom of the post if you are gona be all "TL;DR"

I've spent a fair amount of time (since update 14 release) to get myself a nice collection of kubrow eggs but this recent development has really left me irked...

I started off with two eggs before I started farming for more of them, my first two Kubrow's were uniquely different from each other; different types, builds and fur patterns.

I started with a Sahasa and a Raksa.

Now out of the 7 kubrow's that I bread. 6 of them were Raksa's and 1 was a Sahasa... and to put more salt into the wound 6 of those 7 pups all had the same grey and baby poo brown fur patterns, one was pure grey.

Right now I have 7 Stasis slots taken and 7 Kubrow's that I do not want to have and I see no means to "release" or "let go" of the new pups I have. while I know I can go through the process of "starving" them but thats a process that takes two whole weeks of literally doing nothing to the Kubrow and frankly while I do not care much for them I do have a moral standing against of making them suffer like that...

Yes I know they aren't "real" so to speak but that doesn't change the fact that I'm letting something whittle away and slowly die when I am completely capable of preventing that from happening. (not to mention I'll be waiting a total of 14 weeks for each of them to starve leaving my Kubrow front to do nothing but watch each of these puppies slowly die as i neglect them... frankly I dont want to go though that)

While I understand the intention and process of the notion that you should "trade" genetic blueprints so you can get new Kubrow types and what not but I have also heard notions of instances where someone paid for 2 different genetic blueprints for their new Kubrow only to get literally NOTHING that those blueprints gave him. 

I understand that its all down to RNG and those blueprints are simply there to help increase the CHANCE that you can get X or Y out of it but I think this is a little extreme...

now I have no doubt there are people out there that have bread just as many as I have if not more and they have all been different and wonderful and their time farming eggs have been easy etc etc etc.

for the TL:DR here 

I have a few suggestions that could possibly work to prevent something like this from happening:

Firstly; an option to "release" your unwanted Kubrow's... whether its letting them go into the wild or donate them to the Lotus... just SOMETHING so we dont have to literally be cruel to our beloved space puppies because they havent turned out the way we'd wanted them to.

Secondly: if we are not given the option to "Release" our unwanted Kubrow's at LEAST give us an option to "Scramble" their genetic code much like how you can get random fur patterns but allow that to happen to the Variant/Type, Physique and Gender. that way it will prevent from players who are unlucky like myself to get another chance in getting the Kubrow we want and our time in GETTING all these kubrows hasnt been all for naught.

in short. you can choose to JUST scramble the fur pattern OR scramble everything so you can get a completely different kubrow.

I'm really miffed about what's happened to me here and I am trying to come up with a solution to not only prevent this from happening to others but also help solve the issue I have without having the dev's go to my account and alter aspects of it to change whats happened here (Not that I expect nor planned for something like that to happen) 

Edited by Fartbake

Yeah, people are talking about problems like these.  For example:  why should I have to put in x amount of effort to get a cool Kubrow when he has to put in less than x amount of effort?  There should probably be some method of influencing, if not controlling, how colors and patterns are picked, and there should definitely be a method of choosing what kind of Kubrow you want, because that's a gameplay difference and shouldn't come down to chance.

Also starving Kubrows takes forever, and makes you feel like a monster.  I mean sure it's only a digital dog, but it's still weird, and having to wait so long to get rid of something you don't want is very strange and inconvenient, especially when you put in the same amount of effort as someone else who got something cool already.  And upkeep costs for Kubrows by themselves are just annoying, because I really don't like to have to pay for something I already put time and effort into getting...  So why not a "release" or "retire" button?

Hopefully these issues will be sorted out by DE as they see fit, because owning a Kubrow could be really cool and fun, but is very inhibited in that regard by these problems.

Wait, starving Kubrows kills them? I don't know for sure, but I heard it does nothing but keep them with low level life and then the Kubrow dies in battle and lose faith in you. So from what I understand, we're basically stuck with them.

So what DE did was make a cool addition to the game, hyped us all for a few weeks, stacked some layers of RNG on top of it, so we never get what we want in the first try, make them impossible to sell or kill or "blend", then charge 10 platinum for stasis slots. In my opinion, this is a dishonest way to make money.

Wait, starving Kubrows kills them? I don't know for sure, but I heard it does nothing but keep them with low level life and then the Kubrow dies in battle and lose faith in you. So from what I understand, we're basically stuck with them.

So what DE did was make a cool addition to the game, hyped us all for a few weeks, stacked some layers of RNG on top of it, so we never get what we want in the first try, make them impossible to sell or kill or "blend", then charge 10 platinum for stasis slots. In my opinion, this is a dishonest way to make money.

I'm sure its mostly an oversight at this current point in time. they have been VERY busy trying to get all the pieces that make U14 what it is... the Kubrow was just one part of it. 

its us as the players and supporters of WF to tell them of these problems and give constructive criticisms and suggestions to help fix the issues that arise. 

Edited by Fartbake

I'm sure its mostly and oversight at this current point in time. they have been VERY busy trying to get all the pieces that make U14 what it is... the Kubrow was just one part of it. 

its us as the players and supporters of WF to tell them of these problems and give constructive criticisms and suggestions to help fix the issues that arise. 

I have faith in DE and really hope they will fix those problems. The hard work of the dev team, the dedication, the design quality are among the things that keep us playing.