Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sexier Male Warframes

Starberyl

They don't need to be that specific, its a suit of armor. Totally unnecessary. You haven't even explained a good reason why this should be implemented.

Just because you hear some people say the females are oversexualized in the game doesn't make it true. The answer to that is most definitely not making males sexualized, because that would really make some people uncomfortable.

If you want to look at muscles, there are better places to go. Same for breasts.

Disregard your entire statements are assumptions. Ember isn't overly sexualized, she's balanced though she lacks a lot of detail on the upper torso especially the shoulders. What I'm saying is, the female warframes are a lot more well defined as apposed to the male warframes and I could even say Saryn has a lot more abdominal definition as opposed to majority of the male warframes. A good example would be volt that lacks tons of definition that would support the character's gender which caused a minor debacle on whether volt was a male or female. While female warframes are way out there in terms of gender expression, male warframes are just limited to gingerbread anatomy. I'm not saying the muscles need to be realistic but just work on the abdominal area and bring out the upper torso to show their strengths. 

In other cases you're right in a sense that people are automatically assuming, muscles= sexualizing, which is purely just an opinion but the facts are there and that muscles show masculine strength if anything. I suppose I should explain it better and maybe provide some visual insight. 

I like the fact that the concept mentioned in the OP stayd as a concept :)

It stays as a concept that promotes good design and it doesn't mean it hints at the final product though future war frames should share it's fundamentals alike. 

It stays as a concept that promotes good design and it doesn't mean it hints at the final product though future war frames should share it's fundamentals alike. 

Whether it's a good design or bad design is quite subjective, but I wrote what I wrote, because I much prefer the less organic design of the current warframes in comparison to the one from the concept. Indeed I am glad the concept was cut in the phase of concept :)

Whether it's a good design or bad design is quite subjective, but I wrote what I wrote, because I much prefer the less organic design of the current warframes in comparison to the one from the concept. Indeed I am glad the concept was cut in the phase of concept :)

That's your opinion then, thanks for your time. 

You know, it's beta, so there is possibility they would be realised in case people want them - and wouldn't if people don't :)

Anyway, thank you for respecting different opinion.

They are probably going to add warframes that suit up different audiences, I can expect more armored/skimped female warframes vice versa with males. 

I agree with previous posters in that warframes of either gender should not be over-sexualized. After all, these are WARframes. Combat suits of unimaginable power. I would take a design inspiration from the Heavy class of XCOM: Enemy Unknown-

2012121400006.jpg

The male and female heavy class variants are the closest together in terms of visual similarity. Other classes tend to define anatomy more, which I view as a bit of a negative.

Edited by SFkenny

I agree with previous posters in that warframes of either gender should not be over-sexualized. After all, these are WARframes. Combat suits of unimaginable power. I would take a design inspiration from the Heavy class of XCOM: Enemy Unknown- 2012121400006.jpg The male and female heavy class variants are the closest together in terms of visual similarity. Other classes tend to define anatomy more, which I view as a bit of a negative.

That looks terrible. 

I've seen cuirasses without any boob molds in them. But it makes it harder to tell whether or not the warframe has a female or male connotation without the boobs. Maybe a more androgynous warframe? But that wouldn't be hot, just.. there.

Having no boob cups in cuirasses is actually far more realistic anyway. Molded breasts break the wearers collar bone on a solid hit to anywhere in the chest, and can deflect strikes into the chest instead of off to the side. 

I'm giving the Warframes a bit of a pass because they look flexible and it wouldn't be a certainty like it is with rigid plates. Still bugs me a bit.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Since someone mentioned here, these warframes hold unimaginable power... they have replenishing shields generator, right?

They don't need any special metal pads and other classic armor looking components.

Considering the XCOM armor somebody posted here - can you imagine a person doing wallruniing in it?

Seriously guys...

I wonder how many girls involved in this discussion actually. I gues, that not all of them would be happy to be portraited in game as genderless abomination in bulky suit.

Cmon, dear players, stop bothering with sexism already so far we have:

- Skingtight male frames - Excalibur, Ash, with muscular asses which will please your sight 24/7.

- Drapped male frames - Frost, Volt, Loki - with pants\skirts\robes obscuring asses.

- Armored as fuk male frame - Rhino, still has muscular &#! to please your sight.

- Skintight female frames - Nyx, Mag - flash their asses 24/7 (same as Excal and Ash)

- Draped female frame - Saryin, Trinity pants\skirts obscuring asses.

- Armored as fuk female frame (design) - Banshee, I doubt if she has human anatomy at all.

You see - we have DIVERSITY in here.

Who is offended by flashing boobs\asses stick with frames who have some draping on top of their curves, who is offended by draping - stick with skintight, etc etc.

I wonder how many girls involved in this discussion actually. I gues, that not all of them would be happy to be portraited in game as genderless abomination in bulky suit.

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm a girl.

I think the art is just fine the way it is, and I would really be repelled if new 'frames had exaggerated proportions, whether steroid masculine power fantasies or wasp-waisted big-breasted pinup models. The Tenno are killer ninjas, and any martial artist will tell you that flexible bendy acrobatic hand-to-hand fighters don't look like Conan the Barbarian or a Playboy centerfold. They are wiry and tough with lean (but defined) musculature.

Way back in the day, as part of a patch, the devs of Tabula Rasa "sexied up" a support class who wore a baggy chemical warfare suit, giving her big 'ol child-rearing hips and stonking breasts. It ruined the character, in my opinion. She looked like a serious soldier before, and a pinup after. Rubbish.

It's true that a proper curaiss lacks individual breast cups for the above-mentioned reasons. Warframes are weird future bio-armor, though, and appear to be not so much worn, as merged into like a symbiote. As such, it's expected that the contours of the suit would follow those of the body. Also if it was skintight everywhere but had a mono-breast, there would be a weird air gap between the breasts where sweat droplets would accumulate, and it'd probably itch or develop into swamp breast. YUCK.

Edited by Celestiae

I'm giving the Warframes a bit of a pass because they look flexible and it wouldn't be a certainty like it is with rigid plates. Still bugs me a bit.

Gosh... so human anatomy bugs you as well? We wallrun, jump, make rolls, shoot bows, fencing with melee weapons - ofcourse hard-shell solid armor wont work for that stuff. Also so far we dont have bulk tank female frame like Frost or Rhino (stats wise) so I guees devs want us assume that those are light-armored suits. Forgive me, but I just dont get why it is wrong for females look like females (not playboy models) and males look like males?

Devs dont want to make gender swap - I am fine with that. Frost, Excalibur, Loki, Volt -  those are male names, they sound more sharp and rough and frames look like well.... men. Ember, Banshee, Nyx, Trinity - female names for sure, the sound softer and farmes look like women. 

They wanted to give each Frame a character, so why should it be genderless "it"? Playing as opposite sex is one thing, also even if you make a genderless warframe - people will still argue on how to treat that one, cause we refer to male warframes as He, and to females as She. Refering to genderless frame as "it" will be complete mess XD

When they will make Blaze (aka flame male warframe which was mentioned in last livestream) it will look like a fire-themed dude, because well... its BLAZE.

All frames have basicly same move-set, so females dont make a pimp-walk animation, or any other "sexy" flexing while playing idle animations. There is 0 (NULL) objectifiing of men\women or any gender in Warframe. All frames look  strong and powerfull (Frost, Rhino) or weird and crafty (Banshee, Ember, Loki) or classy Gyver-style bio armor (Nyx, Excalibur, Ash, Saryn).

Edited by derclaw