Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng And Warframe Drop Chance From Bosses.

Ironwaffle191

Question

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there are other factors to the drop chance for warframe blueprints than just RNG.  I am currently trying to farm up the Rhino blueprints, and I have the chassis and helmet.  I have done at least a hundred "speed runs" where I play solo and sprint past all the enemies up to Jackal, kill him, and then abort.  I've got it down to the second, and each run takes me no longer than 5 or 6 minutes at the most.  

I've gotten the helmet and chassis to drop loads of times, and have made enough credits off of selling them to buy the necessary things for my Afuris and get that made.  But for the life of me I cannot get the systems to drop.  Does anyone know if my "speed runs" are affecting anything, or maybe I need to kill the monsters before the boss?  I don't think it should matter, since the Jackal is supposed to drop the blueprints based on RNG, but after so many runs with no Rhino systems to show for it....  I can't help but think SOMETHING is influencing this.

11 answers to this question

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there are other factors to the drop chance for warframe blueprints than just RNG.  I am currently trying to farm up the Rhino blueprints, and I have the chassis and helmet.  I have done at least a hundred "speed runs" where I play solo and sprint past all the enemies up to Jackal, kill him, and then abort.  I've got it down to the second, and each run takes me no longer than 5 or 6 minutes at the most.  

I've gotten the helmet and chassis to drop loads of times, and have made enough credits off of selling them to buy the necessary things for my Afuris and get that made.  But for the life of me I cannot get the systems to drop.  Does anyone know if my "speed runs" are affecting anything, or maybe I need to kill the monsters before the boss?  I don't think it should matter, since the Jackal is supposed to drop the blueprints based on RNG, but after so many runs with no Rhino systems to show for it....  I can't help but think SOMETHING is influencing this.

Maybe it is your speed runs affecting it. Probably there to stop abuse of the system.

If you kill a boss with a melee attack or any high impact attack then the blueprint drop will tend to fly out across the room.  This isn't as much of a problem in tight quarters, but in large, open rooms that bosses are usually found and fought in, the blueprint can easily get lost.

As far as I've seen thus far, it does appear to be just RNG, but I wonder if rarity chance is affected with multiple players present?

Funny enough the drop rates are a lot higher than everyone thinks, but since they use melee or boltor or warframe powers the blueprints tend to get lost.

I've never seen a blueprint get lost. And I've finished off about 95% of the bosses I've done with melee and warframe powers because I'm an ammo bane.

Lolz.  It can't be that hard to lose ammo can it? I just got an auto pistol and it's the only weapon I have ammo problems with. 

Do the runs the normal way, I've never gotten a duplicate of a suit blueprint until I got the entire set. 

Doesn't help. Been grinding Trinity for 2 days myself now, ending up with 5 chassises and 4 helmets, no systems.

Also, I've been aching to say "That's Xcom baby".

Thanks for the replies.

I have been making sure not to use my shotgun or power or melee attacks when finishing off the Jackal.  I have only been using my pistol for the killing blow as it won't send the blueprint flying off the map.  I could do the runs the normal way, as I have a level 30 excalibur and level 30 Strun, but that is even more tedious than the speed runs, and I just want to get this last blueprint so I never have to fight the Jackal again, lol.

Do the runs the normal way, I've never gotten a duplicate of a suit blueprint until I got the entire set. 

I actually laughed at this.

Nice try to get people to play your way.

I speed ran all the bosses solo and did it the normal way with groups.

It's just totally random.

I got bp's just as often from solo/speed runs as I have from groups.

In fact, I finished Nyx's whole set in 5 solo speed runs.

Rhino took me forever, and so did Saryn.

It truly is RNG.