Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Electric Shield

Illuminatus51

I've been looking through patch notes, and I cannot quite find where it is that Volt's electric shield was nerfed again, but I'm curious as to whether it was intentional or not.

The ability to make any weapon hitscan with the tradeoff of rooting Volt to one spot made for a very interesting play style that encouraged the use of weapons that do not always see play, and it's a pity to see it go.

Was it an oversight, or was Volt being good a glitch that has been fixed?

You mean the nerf that was from the exploit where Volt could stack shields ontop of each other for massive damage multipliers? Yeah, that was intentional.

He's not talking about stacking shields, he's talking about making projectiles hit-scan.  Not sure how you got stacking shields from what he said.

The ability to make any weapon hitscan with the tradeoff of rooting Volt to one spot made for a very interesting play style that encouraged the use of weapons that do not always see play, and it's a pity to see it go.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

He's not talking about stacking shields, he's talking about making projectiles hit-scan.  Not sure how you got stacking shields from what he said.

There was also the recent fix which nerfed the stacking, unless the hitscane was hush hush.

There was also the recent fix which nerfed the stacking, unless the hitscane was hush hush.

Except that's not what what I'm talking about. I'm specifically looking to see if this nerf to the hitscan function was intentional.

This has happened before, you know, on two separate occasions.

The first was a long time ago when the shield became completely impenetrable due to the old fix of the 4x multiplyer by using Split Chamber + Metal Augur through two shields, and the second was when a graphical error made seeing through the shield impossible.

Edited by Illuminatus51