Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Hallowed Ground And Renewal Rework

dominodom

Hello this is my idea for a rework of Oberons Hallowed ground and renewal ability's which I posted on another thread but thought I'd make a topic :P Tell me what you think

Hallowed ground: First I would make this skill similar to how renewal is now cast with the weapon being thrusted into the ground, however the weapon would stay in the ground (I'll go more in depth into this mechanism at the end). When the weapon is first thrusted into the ground the skill would create and AOE of righteous flame which would irradiate out from the weapon and cause enemys hit by the intial AOE to take increased damage while the weapon is in the ground. The AOE would span out in a circle to the given range (affected by range mods). once the AOE has stopped at the edge of its range it will leave behind ground similar to how the ability currently behaves but instead of creating a damage over time effect to enemys it would increases the damage of allies in the circle.

So the ability has two stages first the AOE which irradiates out in a circle and debuffs enemy's with increased damage taken, then the increased damage done by all allies in the circle while the weapon is in the ground. 

Renewal; For this ability I would have the same animation as above with the weapon staying in the ground. Then it would create an AOE effect same as above but enemy's hit would receive health damage (a certain value) which would heal any allies also in the AOE by the same damage done to the enemys in the initial blast. After the AOE it would leave ground similar to above (preferably in a healing color like green). Then any damage done by allies in the area would channel into the weapon in the ground until it hits a threshold causing the weapon to pulse out an amount of healing eg. 10000 damage done by all allies in the circle  = 200 health healed for everyone in the circle. 

So the ability has two stages first the AOE which damages enemys and heals for the same amount, then the circle which channels allies damage done into healing pulses from the weapon, healing all in the circle basically increasing the survivability of everyone inside. 

Sword in the ground mechanic: Both ability's would use a mechanic which involves the players melee weapon. Firstly when the ability is cast for an initial energy cost the weapon will be cast into the ground creating an AOE with the effects described above. while the weapon is in the ground the player will not be able to use his melee weapon but as a trade off it will create the damage buff and the channel healing effect described for no energy cost.

However this effect can be stopped and use of melee weapon can be regained by pulling it out the ground (maybe using X to pull it out). this means if someone wants to spam the AOE effects at the cost of energy without the Buffs in that area they can continuously pull the Weapon out the ground and recast like Excalibur's radial javelins AOE but either debuffs or does the damage for allies health effect. On the other hand the abillity can be cast and the weapon left in the ground to create the damage increase or channel effect at no extra energy cost but at the lose of the Melee weapon.

I feel that these changes make Oberon feel more like a paladin and make him more unique by adding a new mechanic into the game, and you could change this idea in a number of ways I just like the sword mechanic idea ;)

Hope you liked my idea fellow tenno I had to get it out  :D        

Oberon agree on the rework

the trowing weapon part.. no EXcalibur is here for that

Also all weapons may be soon trowable something like that

Edited by Tsoe

How would you thrust an Obex into the ground?

Yea I've thought about this problem, same issue with the duel ichors as there really short. maybe oberon could create a holy sword out of light instead which could either drain energy per second or use the players melee weapons essence to make it? 

Oberon agree on the rework

the trowing weapon part.. no EXcalibur is here for that

Also all weapons may be soon trowable something like that

Yea making the ability to similar to Excaliburs could be a problem, but the AOE part would focuses less on damage like radial javelin but more on healing and buffs which I feel makes the ability unique.