Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Exactly Are The Actions That Negate The Stealth From Stalk?

Aumaan

Question

I'm trying to pin down exactly what I'm doing wrong when it comes to using this.  The invisibility will end randomly even if I don't attack or even sprint (I don't think sprinting messes with it, I've done it before and it stayed up), sometimes it'll activate then a few seconds later, having only walked it'll deactivate.  I know attacking with a weapon deactivates it but I'm wondering if there's something else because right now it's rather annoying having it stop for no reason from what I can tell, especially when I need to use it to hide.

Edited by Aumaan

4 answers to this question

Even if you do nothing, your Kubrow still has to remain in close proximity to an enemy in order to remain cloaked.

Hmm, didn't know I didn't need to be near an enemy for it to stay up, but I'm fairly certain it's stopped even when near enemies. Rather difficult to get away from them when your 35 minutes into a survival mission.

Stalk (and by extension,Ghost) cloaks you when it senses an enemy within range and when the kubrow/sentinel can see it.

The cloaking mechanics are finicky, but that's the best interpretation anyone's got.

That I knew, I actually use my Kubrow as a pseudo enemy detector. If it cloaks me it means somethings close.  I'm not sure about it needing to see things though, I've been cloaked by it when the nearest enemy was a room over through a closed door. Anyway, I guess it's "good" to know that the problem is probably just because of the finickiness of cloaking.

Edited by Aumaan

you basically have to be in a certain range of the enemy, your kubrow can attack up to 3 times before you both lose stealt (i cant remember where i heard this but it seems legit from what i have experianced) and you cant do anything besides walk

the stealth one is the first one

Edited by Kurrumitsumi