Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pausing At The Mission Complete Screen Breaks Your Mission In A Rather... Interesting Way.

Kappatalist

First off, wasn't that not previously possible, to pause in the "Mission Complete" screen?

Anyway, smacking that Esc key after triumphing but before returning to the Liset will clear the screen of any postgame information and cause the mission to never properly end after fading to black.  Pausing in this state will show the pause menu jerking to the bottom of the screen, which can only imply that we have some Assault On The Control Room jumping-back-on-the-starting-Pelican kind of infinite descent here which culminates in you appearing, dead, at the extraction point.

If you're willing to waste a revive here for science instead of Alt-F4'ing, you'll find a very different world than the one you stepped out of when you locked into your Liset extract.  The HUD is gone, all other players in the game will have lost connection to you (although they apparently suffer the same fate as anecdotal evidence would suggest), and any enemies remaining in the level have their AI completely disabled, leaving them frozen in place, almost like they're in a time stop.  In fact, most of the level's AI functions have stopped working, presumably having been shut down at the Complete screen.  At least doors still work.

For one, this bug is rather interesting and offers some insight to the inner workings of some of Warframe's functions in-game.  Additionally, you'll receive your mission rewards even if you inevitably succumb to boredom and Alt-F4 (since there's no way to abort the mission or otherwise close the game).  However, this is still a pretty silly bug that ought to be fixed, lest any more lesser-suspecting Tenno seep into a za-warudo Twilight Zone bout.

This has happened to me more than a few times already, both from myself and because of other players. If another player does it, you simply wont be able to move and the mission will never end. However, you still retain all xp and drops when you close out, just like you would if you were the one who initiated the glitch.

Tested and this doesn't occur with old UI.

You're doing the Lotus' work, PS4 bro.

This has happened to me more than a few times already, both from myself and because of other players. If another player does it, you simply wont be able to move and the mission will never end. However, you still retain all xp and drops when you close out, just like you would if you were the one who initiated the glitch.

So other players only get a neverending black screen?

Sucks for them.  They're missing the opportunity to wander around Glitchville.