The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Suggestion] Mjölnir, The Throwable Hammer

Fenrisulfr

Could be cool if it functioned like Paris' arrows - so if you lined it up well you could end up impaling two or three guys. Obviously the return-time might need a bit of tweaking, 10 seconds seems like a long time to go without Mjolnir! D:

Now that you mentioned it, 10 seconds really seems a bit "long"

Agreed with your ideas, that sounds suitable.

Also, +1 for spears. Always love a good spear.

It would be so freakin badass to be my Volt and throw a thunder spear towards your enemies and impale them.

Spears are just badass.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd this thread a poke since we just got the glaive and - praise the sun! - it's a lot of fun (Though the means of acquiring it seem to be leaving something to be desired). Since the glaive's got that neat ricochet-and-return mechanic, giving the Mjolnir throw a linear (Or a very narrow teardrop-shape - with the thrower at the point) boomeranging flight pattern seems to me like a decent way to differentiate it (I'm thinking it'd have Paris-like impaling on enemies, but haven't figured out how to deal with it running into environment). The charged attack base damage could be the same as the glaive, I think, though to balance the fact that it might be a bit easier to hit multiple enemies (assuming they're generously standing in a line for you) the charge speed could be a bit slower. Tossing around the idea in my head for the thrown attack to also not be silent since, you know, Mjolnir.

Again, in contrast to the glaive's bonus damage to infested (now confirmed to be true, I believe), Mjolnir would be innately armor-ignoring. It would also have a slower but heavier-hitting uncharged attack, in my mind, and possibly some innate shock damage.

(As a side note, I think this thread got overlooked during the Feedback board differentiation process.)

Edited by Thor