Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absord (Nyx) Not Immune To Energy Drain?

OneUp.

Question

Me and my friend were comboing a nyx + trinity to get massive explosions

we were at infested endless defense and all of the sudden my energy goes down at unusual rate.... i was getting leeched

My question:

is this working as intended? I am immune to ancient disruptors attacks but it seems that I am getting drained by Eximus leechers

I was reading the warframe wiki and i am quoting "Nyx enters a meditative state, becoming completely immune to all damage and forms of crowd-control such as knockdown/energy drain etc"

Any idea on this? should I report this as a bug?
Edited by OneUp.

10 answers to this question

Working as intended, absorb does not resist/block magnetic damage. Announced right after the absorb change to gradual.

it is supposed to be immune to all kind of damage and that includes leech

otherwise ancient disruptors should leech my energy (they don't)

Working as intended, absorb does not resist/block magnetic damage. Announced right after the absorb change to gradual.

It's only supposed to not absorb magnetic damage because De is too lazy to give it a simple finisher damage. It is supposed to give immunity to energy leech/magnetic damage/auras though. It's either a bug or another ninja nerf from DE. I sincerely hope it's not the second possibility, all these punishment mechanics with NO possible way to counter them are getting very old...

It's only supposed to not absorb magnetic damage because De is too lazy to give it a simple finisher damage. It is supposed to give immunity to energy leech/magnetic damage/auras though. It's either a bug or another ninja nerf from DE. I sincerely hope it's not the second possibility, all these punishment mechanics with NO possible way to counter them are getting very old...

I assumed they did that to prevent total invulnerability, as they were also nerfing existing invul/invis ults at that time

While I agree the 999 sources of energy drain are way out of control, I do think Absorb (and every invuln) should have a weakness. DE needs to remove the unavoidable drains, not make Absorb 100% everything-proof.

Even Superman had kryptonite.

And this is from a player who mains Nyx, and has her as my most used frame.

In which update did you read this?

HOTFIX 13.7.2

Changes: Made Nyx's absorb resist magnetic damage so that you can't generate endless damage by chaining absorbs.

However this is not about magnetic damage resistance, but energy leech. The wiki explicitly mentions that Absorb is resistant to energy leech. 

... I do think Absorb (and every invuln) should have a weakness...

It has. High level enemies with resistance to Magnetic damage. This energy leech stuff should be a bug.

There is no game style in Warframe that supports passive play, so if you go into Absorb and other just hide in the orb, you will still loose.

And with 15 armor, Nyx *has* a weakness.

It has. High level enemies with resistance to Magnetic damage. This energy leech stuff should be a bug.

There is no game style in Warframe that supports passive play, so if you go into Absorb and other just hide in the orb, you will still loose.

And with 15 armor, Nyx *has* a weakness.

Obviously we're not defining weakness in the same way. You apparently mean "something to prevent exploitation".

Outside of edgecases like Valkyr, Rhino and Frost, armor does so little to protect frames from even mid-game enemies that it's not even worth bringing up in this discussion.

50% of a million damage is still half-a-million damage. Absorb has no meaningful upper cap, so it overcomes resistances. Also, only bosses and bombards/lancers/evicerators resist mag damage. Those enemies are unlikely to be a target for Absorb, it's best suited to infested.

A vulnerability to one mob from the infested's pool is a good thing to keep nyx players (like myself) on our toes.