The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

3960, 3962 Udp Ports Being Blocked?

LucyValky

If anyone has this problem heres my solution:

I RECOMMEND HAVING YOUR FIREWALL OFF WHILE DOING THIS!

Go here -> Windows firewall advanced security -> Incoming -> New rule -> Select Port (Specific) (UDP) -> behind the Specific port part there is a bar to fill in the ports (3960, 3962) -> Allow -> Have all selected and create it.

Re-enable firewall and it should work (chat might not though)

Please don`t touch your firewall, the game is still playable and the issues didn`t start with your PC.

Just wait it out and don`t do something which can compromise the safety of your computer, I`ve heard all kinds of stories of people who have different computers and eventually screw things up and having more issues than they started with.

Just wait it out.

Please don`t touch your firewall, the game is still playable and the issues didn`t start with your PC.

Just wait it out and don`t do something which can compromise the safety of your computer, I`ve heard all kinds of stories of people who have different computers and eventually screw things up and having more issues than they started with.

Just wait it out.

This is a fix that worked for me as I wasn't able to do missions online. Doing this made me able to do that again.

This is an odd issue.

Based on the fact that it appeared suddenly after a patch, disappeared after another one, and reappeared again after yet another patch, and the fact that many people seem to complain about this same issue at the same times, it's almost certain that the issue is not really a local one, and is with warframe itself.

tl;dr: If you're having this issue, wait it out and it will likely get fixed eventually (again).

This really is an odd issue.

Game was running perfectly fine yesterday. Today it is giving me issues with all ports. 

As of right now it seems like grouping publicly is working fine again, however chat is still down.

Given that this issue is broad, also several people on steam community forums complaining on it, users should just wait it out. This is beyond just once personal computer it seems.

This really is an odd issue.

Game was running perfectly fine yesterday. Today it is giving me issues with all ports. 

As of right now it seems like grouping publicly is working fine again, however chat is still down.

Given that this issue is broad, also several people on steam community forums complaining on it, users should just wait it out. This is beyond just once personal computer it seems.

This isn't working for me, just a continuous "waiting for players"

Warframe has been working fine for me for months (my firewall/NAT are all properly configured), yet this morning I started receiving this error.  That leads me to believe that something happened with Warframe, either software or server-side.

Well, this is another fix/break. 

Im sure it will get adressed. In the meantime, i play solo and dont chat to anyone :)

It must be a Warframe bug as it worked fine for over a year untill the last hotfix. thanks DE for making the game experience even worse.

Now stop breaking things , stop trying to do fancy GUI, fix bugs and stop releasing hoxfixes ecveryday. It is getting annoying.

Sorry to have to say it, but thats not how to keep players interested!

Just wait it out.

Same thought here. I never got this issue with the firewall. So it can't be my firewall all of a sudden making problems, especialy since any other online game i play is free of this issue.

So i assume something happend on their side.

Too bad it's weekend, so it either will take a while for the poor support stuff to get the error looked at. Or it takes until monday until someone is back to adress the problem.

Until then we have to play solo i guess.

I'm having the same problem. When it first appeared months ago I jumped through all sorts of hoops to get it too work. I was even talking to my ISP provider for more then an hour! ISP provider was very helpful and I thought it was my fault but now...... looks like its DE. Come on, I know this game is Beta but how do you mess up chat and matchmaking?

Edited by EndlessPanic

https://warframe.com/firewall

this is an official informational from DE that describes the issue and how to fix it.

well. I just want to say.I have met with this issue several times even before today's hotfix while actually the firewall of my computer is shutted down.

though i connected to Internet through the router.I comfirm that the Upnp is working.so, maybe this hotfix just made the problem even worse.

Also i believe that the problem of chat box is caused by this hotfix, too.

well. I just want to say.I have met with this issue several times even before today's hotfix while actually the firewall of my computer is shutted down.

though i connected to Internet through the router.I comfirm that the Upnp is working.so, maybe this hotfix just made the problem even worse.

Also i believe that the problem of chat box is caused by this hotfix, too.

Same here.Ports are open and upnp is on but yet still getting the same message to ensure those ports are open.