Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Going Rogue

Raileks

Glaive, and all thrown weapons will explode and damage their owners while power throw mod is equipped..  This is regardless of whether you used the explosion channeling.  If the last bounce ends in the owners hand the explosion may trigger point blank on them with no enemies around.

You need to be more clear is this an actual function in game or an idea you came up with?

.... its a bug thats currently happening in the game.  why would I post it here if it was an idea i came up with?

and it would be a stupid idea at that.  Who wants their own weapon blowing up in their hand?

Edited by Raileks

I'm sorry but I can't see the bug. It's only a bug if it explodes on anything but the "last bounce". I use Glaive Prime constantly with Power Throw equipped. If you equip Quick Return on top of that, your Glaive will explode as soon as it begins it's return, which is almost instantly when it hits something thanks to the low punch through of Power Throw. I ran that a lot but replaced Quick Return with Whirlwind since then because I can always channel to "call back" the Glaive.

How exactly is it returning to your hand on the second last bounce? Mine only returns after the last bounce + explosion (or gets stuck in geometry).

The way you describe it, it returns to your hand, triggers the last bounce and then returns to your hand again.

Are you 100% sure it did not hit the floor or a wall or anything else close to you?

it occasionally explodes right when it reaches my hand again.  Last bounce was a bad term to use since its last bounce will always be before it returns to the hand.

The real bug is why is Powerthrow adding a self damaging explosion?  It says nothing about that on the mod.  Why is there a self damaging affect on what is ultimately a melee weapon?