The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Advice

Mageo

Question

Hi guys,

I am fairly new. I am currently using a loki (lvl 30) with invis build and an Orthos main but I am now looking to go to my second frame.

I was looking at Vauban and needed to know how difficult the frame is. I know the natural progression would be Rhino but I like shinanigans rather than being invincible. The reason I have loki is I like to solo Survival maps, this should give you a rough idea of the gameplay I am after. Feel free to suggest a frame :)

9 answers to this question

You should go for Ash, Volt, or Frost.

Ash is great for stealth and solo gameplay, and makes you feel like an actual ninja.

Frost is great for defensive and multiplayer gameplay.

Volt is great for defensive/offensive and solo/multiplayer gameplay.

Those are just some suggestions based upon your play style. Personally, from your description, I would pick Ash. Ash's blueprint can be purchased from the market for credits, while Ash's parts drop from Tyl Regor on Titiana, Uranus.

Additionally, if you ever need help or want to join my clan, feel free to shoot me a PM or in-game message/friend request.

Edited by APBladeX

...well, for solo Surv i think Rhino could be better, however Loki is indeed my favourite frame so, keep going :D

As for your question, if you would like to stick with ninja-type frame you can go for Ash, in high endgame isn't that useful but at mid-low levels he can be fun, more resilient and damage-oriented than Loki...Vauban is a support-type frame so i really don't think that you can manage solo play at high level with it, however it's really really useful for parties. I also prefere ninja-type but i think this game, aside from Loki (Prime), is better to switch to other frame type. I for my self built Nekros for Desecrates, Frost Prime for D/MD missions (and also, to help my girlfriend's exp and gameplay) and now i'm waiting for Vauban to be crafted to sell Oberon (awesome style, quite poor at high end). If you only have 2 spot, however, you should decide if complete ninja series with Ash or go for some utility frame.

Edited by alioth87

I agree with APBladeX, ash with invis/teleport build can be incredibly good with a decent melee weapon and/or shotgun/handcannon. I would suggest maybe the new Quanta weapon due to it's crowd control (which ash definately is lacking in) and lack of self killing

I would go for Volt

Resilent, high offensive, adaptative for solo gameplay and very fun to play

At max level i manage to get 950+ shield and 450 energy

Speed increases your running and melee speed (it is nuts) you can rush maps in minutes and if you enjoy melee fights then speed will give you heroism (wow reference)

Electric shield not only will make you invulnerable to enemy fire but it will also increase your bullets damage by 50% + magnetic damage and it is stackable. You can stack 4 shields and get 200% bonus damage.

Volt is great for mid and end game

Edited by OneUp.

Hi guys,

I am fairly new. I am currently using a loki (lvl 30) with invis build and an Orthos main but I am now looking to go to my second frame.

I was looking at Vauban and needed to know how difficult the frame is. I know the natural progression would be Rhino but I like shinanigans rather than being invincible. The reason I have loki is I like to solo Survival maps, this should give you a rough idea of the gameplay I am after. Feel free to suggest a frame :)

Go for Mirage or if going for a lower end-frame, I would suggest Nova or Trinity.

Nova because she is basically a one-skill frame that causes plenty of Shenanigans with M Prime. She is also viable in almost any mission because of how OP she is.

Trinity, when built correctly, is insane and can be damn near invincible (screw Rhino), plus she heals and supports the entire team. You don't need CC when nothing can kill you and since you're damn near invincible (not what you were after I know, but Trinity still rules).

Vauban is an okish frame, very 'meh' in my opinion. He's great in ODD or Infested Defense and other defense type missions when combined with a Loki, but Vortex has a terrible suck up range and both Bastille and Tesla are lack-luster abilities (don't even get me started on Bounce). He has his frame, but you'll want something that can carry you until you have all the frames in the game. Trinity and Nova are the two choices (or Mirage if you like being ridiculously overpowered).

Vauban (or booben as the community like to call it) is a great defensive warframe, although it is by far the hardest warframe to adquire throught non-plat methods, since his parts only show up sometimes on alerts.

I mostly use vauban to troll with the bouncies really.

Here's my opinion: 
Want to play as a support? get Trinity.
Want to play as a tank? Get valkyr or rhino.

Want a super fast att speed/mov speed warframe? Get volt (which is my main)

Want garbadge? Get Oberon.

Want to speed up the farming methods? Get nekros.

Hi guys,

A truly no bs response.

Vauban is not necessarily difficult to play he just tends to be relatively squishy vs ranged enemies, Unless you plan to buy him you could spends months waiting for alerts to get his parts. 

If you plan to solo run survival maps your pretty much going to be running one version of an invincible/invisible any way.

If your a solo survivalist who prefers tricks to invincibility then two frames come to mind and those would be Loki (which you have) and Nyx. You could run Nyx indefinitely without using absorb and letting chaos and mind control do the heavy lifting basically letting chaos do the killing for you.

If you really do not care to "trick", the mobs then any frame with invincible/invisible builds plus some cc can get the job done. In no particular order Ash, Valkyr, and Excalibur are really your best options. Yes other frames can do it but what you are looking for are frames that scale infinitely in some way.

If you are staying short duration in survival (20 minutes or less) you could go with other frames like Rhino, Trinity, Zephyr (which can be in the above list but gets eaten by hitscan after a certain point), etc. 

Edit:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes good resource for finding builds to fit different task.

Edited by TheGuy08

Thanks you all for the replies!

I will look at some builds for the suggested and go from there. I will be perfecting my loki first which will give me some time to have a farm for the new frame and so on. Shame about Vauban from what I am reading but on the posotive side great alternatives :D