Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon - Any Idea How To Use It Right?

matrixEXO

Question

For now, I'm leveling it up on Mercury's boss area since I just got it. What I normally do it tap fire my Gorgon for headshots (hard since it's innate stun seems quite high). The reason for this is because I tend to chew my ammo too fast when just hosing the gun.

Am I using it right? The reason why I ask this is because I felt like I am not using it right. That and the fact that the reload times are a b*tch to bother at times kinda got to me. Edited by matrixEXO

6 answers to this question

It's great for hosing down groups or targets with large weak points like ancients, chargers and moas.  But sure, a tap here and there when it's needed is perfectly fine.  If your individual clicks are fast enough, it'll even spin up.  Reloads aren't an issue as long as you never hesitate to switch or melee under pressure.

I usually use it in bursts instead of going full-auto with it, unless I'm fighting a boss

It's great for hosing down groups or targets with large weak points like ancients, chargers and moas.  But sure, a tap here and there when it's needed is perfectly fine.  If your individual clicks are fast enough, it'll even spin up.  Reloads aren't an issue as long as you never hesitate to switch or melee under pressure.

Considering that its damage is similar to that of your usual assault rifle, tapping is perfectly fine.

However, when you're up against a tough enemy like a boss, let it rip.

Alright, gonna stick to how I am currently using it. Yeah, I do hose down onto bosses since they soak bullets like as if their blood needs those leads (if we are even using leads).

Hello! Fellow Gorgon user here. May I know what mods I should put on it? I decided to potato it but I have no idea what mods to slap into it. So far I've got:

+Damage(90%)

Armor Piercing(40%)

+Max Ammo

+Reload Speed

Multishot(60%)

I am considering crit chance and crit damage but it doesn't look like the Gorgon would have a high crit rate to begin with. :S

one i liek to add to my gorgon is stun, i know ill get shouted at for it but the RoF is so sick that against infested (which mine is specced for) it procs quite alot and keeps them at a nice enough range to be chewed on or to melee at if one or two break through.

Multishot is a must but apart from that i dont really have much apart from an elem mod and ammo drum + clip size to avoid running dry.

As for sinlge shotting, yes, its well worth it, tbh i think the acc should be nerfed in that respect (but hope it wont be :P) again its a range thing for me, tap for headshots at long, succesive taps at mid range to increase damage and then when they are close enough just open up full, works on corpus and Grineer a treat + bosses. Infested? get your yanke on, spray n pray till nothing is moving :P