Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Item Dupe Exploit

Yutty

Since I can't PM a mod I'll make a thread. I read about a dupe method a day ago which i can't find any longer to post it there. I can confirm that its possible and can even dupe an item you didn't sell unlike what that thread was saying.

Ok so the guy sold a weapon with mods on it while it was still equipped and got the same item. What I did was remove all except one horrible mod on my Skana, equiped it & sold it. It was removed from my invenotory, but was still on the back of my warframe. I then click on the the melee weapon to see if it shows if it was owned or not. It showed up as i did not own it and would have to pay credits etc.

Anyways I go back and now I have my Chronus on with its fire mod which made it stand out as it changed. I click on the skill tree spend one point since i had one to spare. Go back into my inventory and now I have 2 Chronus sword when I'm only suppose to have one. I equip the spare Chronus and its the same level as my other one and has that same 1 mod that was on the Skana I sold,but it still has that 1 point to spend that was on my other Chronus sword.

So there you have it a dupe method that can dupe weapons.

Edited by Yutty

heres an update:

I started using one of them and ranked it up higher than the other. Then i went to sell one of them to free up space but due to the UI not being clear which of the one is whichs ince they're both chronus swords, I ended up selling the higher rank Chronus but the one I wanted to keep was still on my back. When chaning melee weapon it showed Chronus but it had the lower rank Chronus so i new I sold the wrong one.

Well afraid I'd lose the higher rank one if I equiped the lower level chronus in my inventory I decided to do nothing and log off. now when i logged back on, both Chronus swords are gone...... I no longer have any melee weapon. Please improve the inventory window so that it is clear the difference between 2 of the same items.

posted a UI feedback here:

https://forums.warfr...ifferent-ranks/

Edited by Yutty

*a new method of dupe found*

since i "accidentely" sold all my melee weapons I had none in my invenotory. During missions melee button i'd be able to use a skana it'd get put on my back. Anyways i build a Jawsword and it shows up on my inventory but didn't show up on my character model's back at first, it shows the skana that doesn't exist & not suppose to be there. I proceed to do a mission and now the Jaw sword shows up on my back. Now after I finish the mission i get the can not updated account information bug etc. I notice that I now have 3 Jaw swords taking up spots in my inventory when I only built one.

So its a new variation of a dupe that made 3 Bone swords. I Don't want to sell one of them in my inventory because it'll probably get rid of all 3 like what caused me to have no melee weapon before. Each one of these swords rank up individually and can have different mods on each, take up 3 spaces in my inventory but if i sell one I'm sure they all go once i re-log

It's not exactly a dupe, more like a database glitch on the server.

I experienced the same thing and found it odd, but when I sold 1 item (had a copy out of nowhere) both of them dissapeared.

I definatly agree with you however, that there should be a tooltip in the sell section, so you can see what you're about to sell if you got 2 weapons or something, with different ranks on them.