Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames That Need Help Feedback

Cleesus

How i rate frames that need help first and foremost.

If a frame is a 1 trick pony (with a very poor 1 trick pony to boot) he needs help fast.

That puts Frost in top spot for me.

Frost

Solution:

Avalanche

Freeze duration:  3/4/5/6 seconds (Affected by power duration.)

Range: 5/10/15/20 (Affected by power range)

Damage: 800/900/1000/1200 (Affected by Power strength)

Damage application is done AFTER Freeze duration is over (to make it unique compared to Rhino)

Freeze

Make Freeze insta hit and explode on impact.

Releases a cold AOE, so he can slow enemies around the target.

Target itself is frozen.

Damage: 80/160/240/320 (Affect by power strength)

Radius: 5 meters (Affected by power range)

Slow + Freeze Duration: 9/10/11/12 seconds (Affected by power duration)

Initial  target will be frozen.

Rest slowed by 50%

Ice wave

Damage: 300/400/500/600 (affected by power strength)

20 meters long (affected by power range)

5 meters width. (affected by power range)

Leaves a trail of cold after cast, slowing down enemies on it by 75%.

Trail disappears after 5 seconds (not affected by duration)

1) What are the warframes which, in your opinion, need the most urgent rework? (rank them in order of priority)

1) Volt = "alternative to gunplay" has never really been accurate and is hypocritical when compared with the general direction of damage->utility. His 1 and 4 need to be buffed to space wizard levels to make his description true, or his description needs to be changed and his 1 and 4 reworked into more meaningful damage->utility.

I feel like he's just a total eyesore right now, where I can't look at my frame list without feeling like somewhere there's a new player who got him cheap and is totally disappointed.

2) Nekros = Spam 3 until you have carpel tunnel, then spam 3 some more, is not an acceptable primary application. He needs a rework. I list this under Q1 instead of Q2 because his overall theme is the soloist mage and sustain is a big part of that. His other powers should be considered and tweaked to make sure his #3 makes sense in context for continuing to provide sustain in a way that synergizes with his other capabilities.

3) Frost = Needs to become a proper hybrid, rather than just an unfairly tanky mage, or an unfairly CC'ing tank as most suggestions would lead him to being. Gameplay checks all around, like how snowglobe gets HP during the first 4sec, for every power. Playing badly = way under par. Playing well = full power hybrid.

4) Ember = Too slow, too much time spent animating, and not potent enough when you consider DPS lost to not shooting during animations. Glass cannon, IMO = give her damage through extra sources to make her give up defense mods, like duration making a DoT last longer and giving more damage per cast, or range making a skill cause more separate blasts or making a radius bigger like how Firestorm makes radius weapons deal more damage based on enemy proximity to center.

The less popular ones may not be up to par, but I don't consider most of them "broken" or not playable. No matter what you do there will always be a tier list and someone will be on the bottom. If we declare the lowest tier the most urgent rework, we'll just be cycling strengths until the end of time and not really fixing anything. The most urgent rework should go to the frames which are not fulfilling their design intent IMO.

2) What are the abilies which, IYO, need the most urgent rework? (rank them, too).

1) Nyx's 2.

Totally broken and makes the game look bad.

2) All of the PBAoE instant damage powers.

The game is worse because these exist IMO. Ember is the only frame that should have a straight-up PBAoE damage power IMO. For everyone else they should be gameplay checked somehow before it's effective or it shouldn't exist IMO.

3) Ember's 3.

Because WTF Grineeer. :/