Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframe?

lautalocos

Question

21 answers to this question

Personally i've got both mag and ember at max rank and i love them both, Ember is fun to play while mag is devastating vs hordes of enemies..
I'm hopping to make rhino in a couple of days because a need a da** slot xD But have almost everything ready for him :P

Only Ember weakness IMO is her base armor wich is useless, and her 3rd and 4th abilities being extremely alike. Mag has a couple of them that are pretty badass. Whenever i get tired of rhino i'm thinking about making Nyx/Sarin.

Edit:

And a friend of mine has Frost and it's pretty cool as well :D

Edited by Mr.Pava

Excalibur is a really good warframe to have, Rhino is my favourite but it's slow for most people, MAG was nerfed into obscurity, Volt is a really good choice right now, Nyx is a easy button warframe.. Ash is too much like LOKI if you are sick of LOKI, Frost is a good choice tanky/good ultimate, Ember is meh, Saryn is probably the best warframe, and I havn't tried Banshee yet, finally got the systems today.

Oh, and Trinity is the most op, but her powers aren't for nuking, so she's not fun.

-----

Excaliber/Saryn/Nyx are the ones you should go for.

Edited by ZEDD

The frames are all situational, with strengths and weaknesses. There is no best frame. The best you can do is find something that matches your playstyle.

Please give us some feedback on what you liked and/or disliked about your Loki if you would like a recommendation. Whether or not you solo, which weapons you like and what kind of playstyle you lean towards would also be helpful!

Edited by Kobalt

The frames are all situational, with strengths and weaknesses. There is no best frame. The best you can do is find something that matches your playstyle.

Please give us some feedback on what you liked and/or disliked about your Loki if you would like a recommendation. Whether or not you solo, which weapons you like and what kind of playstyle you lean towards would also be helpful!

well, i always use the paris, i normally like to go solo if i can, and i want to have at least a damage dealing attack

EDIT: i use my loki for stealth, but im looking for any kind of non-stealth warframe

Edited by lautalocos

To be fair, "non-stealth" covers a lot of ground here.  So, I'll just give you my experiences with the frames I have right now.

- Excalibur: A great offensive frame.  Stats all around are pretty much average, but that means no glaring weak points, either.  All the abilities are useful, and in many circumstances - something not all frames can say about their abilities.  Slash & Dash you'll be using often, since it's wonderful for it's price and what it does for that price.  Super Jump you can take or leave, but Radial Blind and Javelins are both highly useful.  Rapid assault is the proper title for the playing style that fits the Excalibur best, and it's tremendous fun.

- Frost: Slower than most frames, but as inexorable as a snowstorm.  All the Frost's abilities are helpful, though not as generally useful as the Excalibur's.  Freeze is useful for slowing down an annoying enemy if you don't have cold damage mods on your weapons, Ice Wave can be fun against crowds to soften them up (especially Infested), Snow Globe is great as a defensive measure (and offensive too, if situational), and Avalanche is a reasonably good lvl 4 power.

- Mag: Still one of my favorites, and I unlocked her after she apparently got nerfed.  For a caster, her health, shields, and armor really aren't bad at all.  Her first three abilities are technical ones, but all useful in the right circumstances.  Pull can bring a downed teammate toward you for reviving, yank away a Grineer Shieldman's shield, and yank a hapless enemy off their feet, or even funnier, off their sniper perch.  Shield Polarize isn't all that useful against shielded enemies, since the shields reduced by the skill aren't enough - but they are great for buffing your Sentinel's shields, or a teammate's. Bullet Attractor is great against bosses, since it helps turn near-misses from guns into hits - and it makes an Excalibur's Radial Javelin hit with every single shot on its target, resulting in about 12k damage - not bad at all.  And... of course, there's her ultimate, Crush.  Give a Mag the Coil Helmet and the Reach mod, and Crush has a horrifying range of effect.  For those times your other fancy tricks aren't working, or you simply don't have time, Crush is an excellent "no, you fall down now" skill.

- Ember: The latest frame I've unlocked, I haven't yet gotten it to 30 - mine's about 27 right now, so I'm still getting used to her playstyle.  For how I play (mixing up melee with gunplay usually), the Ember's advantages against Infested are helpful, but not overbalancing.  Granted, her ultimate has potential, but I honestly never use it in favor of using Overheat or Fire Blast instead.  So far, I'm not falling in love with the Ember, but I'll give it time.

I use Loki, it has great energy efficiency with the mods and the helmet. I can solo most mid-level maps 20~30 with invisibility alone:

High DPS weapon+ energy efficiency mods + invisibility + invisibility dmg multiplied(not a mod, just a default boost) 1.5x = pretty neat.

Also, I rarely ever get incapacitated with heavy shield mods and teleport/decoy/invis skills for escaping. 

But once you run out of juice...totally screwed.

Noob topic, noob asking, all noobs always playing overpowered classes and before starting to play always asking the same noob question , shame on you! :D

I know, right?  How dare people ask questions to learn more!  Especially on a forum devoted to the subject, of all places!  Obviously everyone should psionically absorb the knowledge from the internet directly.

Do you have a real answer to the topic, or did you just want to show the entire Warframe forums that you're not good at trolling?

Noob topic, noob asking, all noobs always playing overpowered classes and before starting to play always asking the same noob question , shame on you! :D

sorry, i thought this was player helping players, guess i was wrong. just asking for opinions so i dont waste 35,000 credits in a blueprint 15,000 more for creating it and a lot of time for killing bosses.

To be fair, "non-stealth" covers a lot of ground here.  So, I'll just give you my experiences with the frames I have right now.

- Excalibur: A great offensive frame.  Stats all around are pretty much average, but that means no glaring weak points, either.  All the abilities are useful, and in many circumstances - something not all frames can say about their abilities.  Slash & Dash you'll be using often, since it's wonderful for it's price and what it does for that price.  Super Jump you can take or leave, but Radial Blind and Javelins are both highly useful.  Rapid assault is the proper title for the playing style that fits the Excalibur best, and it's tremendous fun.

- Frost: Slower than most frames, but as inexorable as a snowstorm.  All the Frost's abilities are helpful, though not as generally useful as the Excalibur's.  Freeze is useful for slowing down an annoying enemy if you don't have cold damage mods on your weapons, Ice Wave can be fun against crowds to soften them up (especially Infested), Snow Globe is great as a defensive measure (and offensive too, if situational), and Avalanche is a reasonably good lvl 4 power.

- Mag: Still one of my favorites, and I unlocked her after she apparently got nerfed.  For a caster, her health, shields, and armor really aren't bad at all.  Her first three abilities are technical ones, but all useful in the right circumstances.  Pull can bring a downed teammate toward you for reviving, yank away a Grineer Shieldman's shield, and yank a hapless enemy off their feet, or even funnier, off their sniper perch.  Shield Polarize isn't all that useful against shielded enemies, since the shields reduced by the skill aren't enough - but they are great for buffing your Sentinel's shields, or a teammate's. Bullet Attractor is great against bosses, since it helps turn near-misses from guns into hits - and it makes an Excalibur's Radial Javelin hit with every single shot on its target, resulting in about 12k damage - not bad at all.  And... of course, there's her ultimate, Crush.  Give a Mag the Coil Helmet and the Reach mod, and Crush has a horrifying range of effect.  For those times your other fancy tricks aren't working, or you simply don't have time, Crush is an excellent "no, you fall down now" skill.

- Ember: The latest frame I've unlocked, I haven't yet gotten it to 30 - mine's about 27 right now, so I'm still getting used to her playstyle.  For how I play (mixing up melee with gunplay usually), the Ember's advantages against Infested are helpful, but not overbalancing.  Granted, her ultimate has potential, but I honestly never use it in favor of using Overheat or Fire Blast instead.  So far, I'm not falling in love with the Ember, but I'll give it time.

thanks. im gonna go either frost or excalibur, but is it true that frost blueprint parts are a pain to get?

I know, right?  How dare people ask questions to learn more!  Especially on a forum devoted to the subject, of all places!  Obviously everyone should psionically absorb the knowledge from the internet directly.

Do you have a real answer to the topic, or did you just want to show the entire Warframe forums that you're not good at trolling?

oh cut him some slack, he's a drunk. :D

Edited by Jaxomfaux

Yes - you get Frost blueprints from Lt. Lech Kril, in the Ceres sector, which is not one of the easier sectors.  Mag parts you get from Mars (War), Ash's from Uranus (Titania), Ember's from Saturn (Tethys), and Volt's from Jupiter (Themisto).  Any of those would likely be easier to get for you than the Frost at the moment.  You can also get Rhino's blueprints from Venus (Fossa), but it didn't sound like Rhino was what you were going for.

Yes - you get Frost blueprints from Lt. Lech Kril, in the Ceres sector, which is not one of the easier sectors.  Mag parts you get from Mars (War), Ash's from Uranus (Titania), Ember's from Saturn (Tethys), and Volt's from Jupiter (Themisto).  Any of those would likely be easier to get for you than the Frost at the moment.  You can also get Rhino's blueprints from Venus (Fossa), but it didn't sound like Rhino was what you were going for.

actually, i think rhino might work fine to me, and i recently got a shotgun which i was about to sell which would match just fine with rhino.

a last noobish question. if i buy a warframe blueprint, i have to get the parts blueprints, make them, and then make rhino? i never made a warframe, just some weapons.

Yes - you'd have to collect the three blueprints for the helmet, systems, and chassis, and make each of the three of those.  Once you have those crafted, you can use the schematic from the Market to actually make the frame, and this takes 3 days to build.

Yes - you'd have to collect the three blueprints for the helmet, systems, and chassis, and make each of the three of those.  Once you have those crafted, you can use the schematic from the Market to actually make the frame, and this takes 3 days to build.

ok, thanks a lot for the info, it really helped me out

No problem, and don't be afraid to make multiple frames to try out.  

Each of them plays quite differently, and not just because of their different abilities.  Who knows - a frame you barely looked at on the wiki might become your very favorite frame.  The Mag was that way for me; I really didn't expect to like it anywhere near as much as I do.

While Loki is my favorite frame and I could go on endlessly about why he's a core part of every team and I could never get bored of him, Nyx is without a doubt the best Warframe in the game.  I was more-than-mildly astounded he wasn't nerfed really, really, really hard last patch.  Most Nyx players  I've met seem almost bashful when doing ridiculous stuff with him, like it's cheating and they really can't take credit for anything.  There's a reason for that.  To roughly quote one pleasant Nyx I met: "Trivializing Defense of any difficulty since level 2"

Edited by Shinnyshin

THERE IS NO BEST WARFRAME!

I have made a small guide discussion talking about how amazing warframe devs have actually developed one of the best preference games I've seen.

Meaning that no matter what you choose it will be great it just depends on what you like and play style. The same goes for weapons.

I love Ash he is my fav. But I would like to have more stealth with him and they are working on this :)