Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Breeding Systematology

HangmansTree

Question

Genotype of sorts is what we are after here. As far as we know there are several feats and traits that are either dominant or recessive. If the whole thing works as intended, that is ;)
Problem is in categorising those genes.
We have:
fur colour (8)
fur pattern (6)
eyes colour (?)
body build (3)
height (3)

Within first two there are common or rare - which begs the question are traits marked as rare the recessive genes? Are common dominant? What or when does the recessive gene activate?

Additional question: how many features are restricted to one kubrow?
Can we establish number of colours of the fur per kubrow? As far as I can tell its 3 to 4 colours - could someone confirm?
Did anyone saw more than 2 colours of the pattern per kubrow?

In the process of breeding from two different imprints - how many permutations can we get? Is it important in what slot you put the imprint with, say, lotus mark? Or is most of it RNG really? Is there a feature that gets copied in 100% of the cases? Which one? Is A+B=C a viable scenario? Or rather A+B=A or B?

Fellow tenno, post your observations, share experience.

6 answers to this question

Yes. Many of us been pointing out this sometime ago. It would be nice also with a mobile app allows you create and breed them on the go. It would be a new content that takes wf to the next level.

that sounds kind of weird. I mean how would you even be able to do that if you'd need to get eggs ect.

I don't think that's possible unless they could put the whole UI on your phone, which is impossible BTW with current phones. you'd have to download the game itself. I suggest you get a laptop? lol

that sounds kind of weird. I mean how would you even be able to do that if you'd need to get eggs ect.

I don't think that's possible unless they could put the whole UI on your phone, which is impossible BTW with current phones. you'd have to download the game itself. I suggest you get a laptop? lol

It can be done. But in your line of logic, it's almost like saying, how can you receive an alert when you "have to" log into the game and that the only way is to download the whole game. You may further argue, no, no, that the alert is difference... such and such. But in the same fashion you're setting rules for yourself what can and cannot be done.

Another question: waht about cross breeding, can it be done? Is it remotely possible to target a specific feature? Someone said the biporaity of genes was removed... is that true? Any link to confirm this?

BTW Is DE staff posting on this board? Any feedback from them on breeding?

I really am curious about this issue because when kubrows first came out I spent 30 plat to buy two separate imprints that separately were cool without realizing that I would need two of the same to have a reasonable chance of having a decent kubrow.  Oh well, i hope the community can figure this thing out.