Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excessive Screen Shaking

Warlyik

There's way too much, and way too severe, screen-shaking in this game.  The range at which these effects occur is also absurd.  A Shockwave MOA can shake your screen from a mile away.  If I'm not mistaken, certain friendly melee abilities will also shake your screen.  To me, it's nothing more than an annoyance.  If you're using a weapon (like a Sniper) that requires fine-tuned aiming, then it's a huge detriment that half the time your screen is shaking uncontrollably, even if you're not near the epicenter of the fighting.

The range at which the screen begins to shake, and the severity of shaking, needs to be reduced across the board.  Unless you're extremely close (like max melee range), you shouldn't see any excessive shaking, and it should drop off very quickly from past that point.  Moreover, the shaking is absolutely exaggerated - it's as if the entire platform you're on is inside a glass bottle being shaken by an over-energetic kid trying to get his insect to wake up.  No, a Shockwave MOA or a melee hit does not have that much force.  Honestly, I don't even see how these mostly flying hunks of metal can even carry that kind of shockwave through the floors.  So unless we're being buffeted by air, it makes no sense.

So, yeah.  It's annoying, doesn't really add to gameplay, isn't realistic by any means, is way overdone - it's unprofessional, to say the least.  Needs to be fixed.

Edited by Warlyik

My issue is still that camera shake affects your cross-hairs.

Camera shake by definition should shake the camera and not your character and cross-hair.

I understand that this (in theory) makes things more realistic, but its hard to appreciate the mechanic when all you do is painting a graffity on flor and ceiling each time one of your teammates does a swing with Fragor.

Excessive shaking is just easy (and quite stupid) way, to make it harder for us to shoot (or do anything)... it really doesn't serve any proper purpose and only adds to the chaos most fights already are in this game.

For example when using Scindo, the shaking is just retarder ...

wf-melee-quake.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If its a mechanic to be used to make it difficult to aim i do understand.

I do however not understand why your FRIENDS should be completely destroying any chances you had of getting any headshots on any opponents in the game just because they felt like hitting "E"

I concur its annoying (especially when your 3 friends are using two handed melee weapons) and for me breaks the immersion feeling like I'm running around in a bouncy castle rather than a solid spaceship.

If I was personally using the weapon or being hit by a MOA shockwave, it wouldnt be as much of an issue.

Edited by Loswaith

Also thought i might point out Kril (Ceres boss) uses the fragor (skinned) and his screen shaking thing sometimes bugs, and the screen without good reason will shake like ************** you wouldn't believe! (seriously though, it shakes so much it feels like you're rolling down a hill in a barrel, takes about as long to stop too as if you're rolling down a hill in a barrel)

Edited by rabcor