Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ethers, Scindo, Or Gram?

Descolu

Question

7 answers to this question

Which is a good first melee weapon to make after Cronus?

It honestly depends on what you want to accomplish with melee.  The Cronus is a great single-enemy melee weapon, because it's fast, does good damage, and does pretty good charge damage.  

But basically, your choice of melee weapon comes down to whether you want to hit multiple enemies per swing or not, whether you want good charge damage, whether you want good strike damage, how fast a weapon will charge up, and whether you want good swing speed.  

Most of the Dual weapons are decently fast in swing speed, and hit multiple enemies per strike.  The Dual Heat Swords are slower than the Dual Ether Blades, but have great charge damage.  Dual Zorens are very, very fast, and have a good crit chance, but their charge damage isn't great, and neither is their reach.

Daggers (whether single or dual) are very quick, but don't often affect multiple targets.  Dual Fangs are a good example.

Other swords are typically overshadowed by the Cronus; the only other comparable sword right now to the Cronus is the Mire.

Heavy weapons are slower, but typically havea  good AoE jump attack, good damage, and pretty good charge damage.  The Scindo is my personal favorite of this category... because, well, battleaxe.  I like the Gram because it's a greatsword, but it doesn't have any stat advantages over Scindo other than slightly faster swing speed.

Personally, I'm working on crafting the Dual Ether Blades now, but I typically load out with either the Dual Heat Blades or the Scindo.  The Dual Heat Blades are pretty fast, do a scary amount of charge damage, and can hit multiple targets.  The Scindo is slower, but just as good against crowds, and has a charge attack that's just as scary - which is great against foes like Ancients.

Edited by rhoenix