Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

''please Wait''

PeanutMonster

6f9554bfe4d1e5bb4d31878efbd6d6d2.png

First missions I tried to join today, and I already got the infinite Please Wait screen. I have already waited few weeks for a fix. So DE, instead of asking us to ''Please Wait'', I ask you to ''Please Fix''. I guess I will be playing something else today.

Edited by PeanutMonster

It's a pretty common problem, but I believe it can't be fixed since it deals with the connection of the host and you when you're joining like the host can have like a random spike as soon as you joined, then the infinite "Please Wait..." happens.

Never happened before U14, so it should be possible to fix it.

It just happened to me too.  And it can be fixed.  You can change your network code to be more resilient and respond better to these lag spikes (if that's what they are).  Why doesn't the connection time out?  Why doesn't it retry?  Why isn't there an informative error message?  It can be fixed.

It can be fixed there just not doing it there to busy giving a F*** about gamescon to fix it.

I all ready bored enough of this bug to stop playing on the pc as there is no @(*()$ point you spend more time having to force shutdown the game than been able to play.

I thought I replicated it by launching a mission with my chat window open, but Cryless seems to have experienced it without it open.

Ah well. Perhaps it is one of many causes. Anyway, just in case, don't re-open your chat window in the Navigation screen, then accept a mission. Had that happen three times in a row before I caught on.

Then again, it might just be bad pattern recognition. It's a distinct possibility, at least.