Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's Abilities & Snipetron Issues

Sace

Hey guys.

After finishing Rhino, Volt, Excalibur and Ash I thought of starting a Trinity. Well despite having a laughable 10 Armor, her abilities are somewhat underwhelming. My take is, that the Invul part of Blessing only works on teammates, that's okay. The other Two Abilities (Well of Life and Energy Vampire) are only worth it when facing some boss. (At the current state of the game not even then, bosses either die way too fast or simply onehit making these two abilities kinda useless as well)

But what really pisses me off is the Link ability.

Not only does it take way more energy than Iron Skin, its duration is also shorter AND on top of that it doesn't even work all the time making it very unreliable.

I already noticed it in a few solo-bossfights: Despite activating Link, sometimes I still get full damage and the enemy none. I glow, he doesn't.

Especially annoying was it when I met the Stalker. I was alone in the room, no other enemy to be seen anywhere. It was me vs. him. He did his usual show, appeared and charged towards me. I used Link (the only ability which is actually helpful) and had this pretty glow. Well, despite him being the one closest to me, Link didn't fire up and I died in less than 2 seconds after activating my ability while going into the fight with 440 Shield and 380 Health. What gives?

Another issue that bugs me:

After Hek, Boltor and Gorgon I decided to finish my Snipetron as well. The damage is quite nice, the reload time already makes the weapon quite unusable. Also, even with Sniper Scavenger, this weapon is without ammunition all the time. Even with Sniper Scavenger you have WAY less ammo at your disposal. Not only because the Max Ammo is way lower but also because Sniper Ammo droprate is exceptionally low. With Sniper Scavenger I get one Sniper Ammo maybe 1 out of 10 times when being very lucky. Please Fix :(

Hey guys.

Another issue that bugs me:

After Hek, Boltor and Gorgon I decided to finish my Snipetron as well. The damage is quite nice, the reload time already makes the weapon quite unusable. Also, even with Sniper Scavenger, this weapon is without ammunition all the time. Even with Sniper Scavenger you have WAY less ammo at your disposal. Not only because the Max Ammo is way lower but also because Sniper Ammo droprate is exceptionally low. With Sniper Scavenger I get one Sniper Ammo maybe 1 out of 10 times when being very lucky. Please Fix :(

There isn't any choice but to mod out disadvantages to weapons.  What price did you expect to pay for the best accuracy and single shot damage in the game?  Mix it up with your secondary and melee.  There's no ammo issue unless you're shoehorning a dedicated sniping weapon into every fight.  If you really, REALLY want to do that, you'll have to suck it up and use ammo boxes.

In response to your comments on Trinity:

While I do agree that her first and second abilities are great on bosses, they are also useful on heavy armor targets such as ancients and grineer heavy units.

Also, I have had no trouble with Link or Blessing. Both have given me invulnerability and Link has usually redirected damage properly (the only times it hasn't have been when it linked to my sentinel).

Did you start playing Trinity after the last patch? It could be that something broke, or that it was glitched... I am not saying she shouldn't be given more flexibility for more situations, but I would say that she is far from useless.

There isn't any choice but to mod out disadvantages to weapons.  What price did you expect to pay for the best accuracy and single shot damage in the game?  Mix it up with your secondary and melee.  There's no ammo issue unless you're shoehorning a dedicated sniping weapon into every fight.  If you really, REALLY want to do that, you'll have to suck it up and use ammo boxes.

Best damage only if you get a critical hit into the enemy's weak spot, else the Hek is better in every constellation possible. If you argue like that, I must wonder why the Snipetron is the only weapon to suffer that much from ammo shortage. You can go all berserk with the Hek and end the level with max ammo as if you never shot at all simply because on every sniper ammo that drops, it will be at least 6 shotgun ammo boxes, even with sniper scavenger. Same goes for the Gorgon. If you use the Gorgon like the Snipetron (Aim for weak spots, don't go all rampage with the trigger finger) it doesn't suffer that much from ammoshortage as well.

In response to your comments on Trinity:

While I do agree that her first and second abilities are great on bosses, they are also useful on heavy armor targets such as ancients and grineer heavy units.

Also, I have had no trouble with Link or Blessing. Both have given me invulnerability and Link has usually redirected damage properly (the only times it hasn't have been when it linked to my sentinel).

Did you start playing Trinity after the last patch? It could be that something broke, or that it was glitched... I am not saying she shouldn't be given more flexibility for more situations, but I would say that she is far from useless.

Well, I maxed out a few other frames and all I can say is that she is extremely inferior to all of them. I met the stalker a few hours ago in my Trinity. I already put my Sentinel away because Link destroys him. This also is pretty dumb and actually a debuff than a buff. I mean, they die pretty fast to begin with...

Best damage only if you get a critical hit into the enemy's weak spot, else the Hek is better in every constellation possible. If you argue like that, I must wonder why the Snipetron is the only weapon to suffer that much from ammo shortage. You can go all berserk with the Hek and end the level with max ammo as if you never shot at all simply because on every sniper ammo that drops, it will be at least 6 shotgun ammo boxes, even with sniper scavenger. Same goes for the Gorgon. If you use the Gorgon like the Snipetron (Aim for weak spots, don't go all rampage with the trigger finger) it doesn't suffer that much from ammoshortage as well.

Hek is pretty sweet, but not at the range Snipetron is intended to operate.  Shotguns are naturally high efficiency weapons.  Though even Hek has a couple tradeoffs for such concentrated power.  Stuff like that is good to have if your other weapon is an ammo consuming monster.  You CAN focus entirely on one weapon, but the game heavily rewards mixing it up.  Guns, melee, powers.  I'm never short on resources because I use all of them.  If it's affinity you want, remember kills by your teammates apply to holstered weapons too.

Well, I maxed out a few other frames and all I can say is that she is extremely inferior to all of them. I met the stalker a few hours ago in my Trinity. I already put my Sentinel away because Link destroys him. This also is pretty dumb and actually a debuff than a buff. I mean, they die pretty fast to begin with...

I agree that linking to a sentinel wastes Link... Do you happen to know if the issues you are facing with Trinity are due to bugs or the patch? I only ask as I have not played Trinity since the last update.

Hek is pretty sweet, but not at the range Snipetron is intended to operate.  Shotguns are naturally high efficiency weapons.  Though even Hek has a couple tradeoffs for such concentrated power.  Stuff like that is good to have if your other weapon is an ammo consuming monster.  You CAN focus entirely on one weapon, but the game heavily rewards mixing it up.  Guns, melee, powers.  I'm never short on resources because I use all of them.  If it's affinity you want, remember kills by your teammates apply to holstered weapons too.

Yeah, I usually mix stuff, too. But as I want to level several weapons (in this case Snipetron) I noticed the heavy difference in efficiency/usefulness. While you can snipe with the Hek, the snipetron is better at it. But that's about it, Hek masters every other situation, too.

I agree that linking to a sentinel wastes Link... Do you happen to know if the issues you are facing with Trinity are due to bugs or the patch? I only ask as I have not played Trinity since the last update.

I don't know, sorry. Could've broke with the last patch, you might want to try it out on the Stalker. ;D

Yeah, I usually mix stuff, too. But as I want to level several weapons (in this case Snipetron) I noticed the heavy difference in efficiency/usefulness. While you can snipe with the Hek, the snipetron is better at it. But that's about it, Hek masters every other situation, too.

As a sidenote, have you tried Snipetron with crit chance and crit damage?  It's pretty fantastic.  Fantastic like the invincible and completely overpowered Trinity.  She's my favorite frame, but damn.  Needs to get toned down.

As a sidenote, have you tried Snipetron with crit chance and crit damage?  It's pretty fantastic.  Fantastic like the invincible and completely overpowered Trinity.  She's my favorite frame, but damn.  Needs to get toned down.

w7wAstR.jpg

My setup currently. If I didn't overlook your irony tags and you really think Trinity is OP, try some other Warframe for a change. Maybe Rhino or Ash or Frost or Nyx. ;)

My setup currently. If I didn't overlook your irony tags and you really think Trinity is OP, try some other Warframe for a change. Maybe Rhino or Ash or Frost or Nyx. ;)

Actually completely serious about that.  Indefinite invincibility is an issue.  Against anything but corpus, she also spews energy to the rest of the squad.  Otherwise you can just EV something and punch it once for 100 energy.  Completely broken.

I don't see where Trinity is invincible when Link doesn't even reliably kick off. Maintaining Link with EV is a nice idea but it unfortunately doesn't work (anymore?)

I took damage from larger enemy groups and bosses and got raped by the Stalker with Link active, which should not be possible. Either bug or ninja-nerfed.

Trinity is the most OP frame in the game, in my humble opinion.

Basically, max vampire+link, max Continuity + Flow + Streamline, proceed to be invulnerable for the entire duration of maps. You cast Link, then you cast Vampire on an enemy, charge attack them to recover the full amount from vampire, and gain some energy on top of that. If you aren't in danger, you can skip the link and just farm free energy.

Links only weakness is, there has to be an enemy near you to redirect the damage to, so it is best to play melee / shotgun type of game with Trinity. Also, its bugged with the Stalker, it doesn't target stalker for some reason. I personally consider this a feature, this makes Stalker the only boss in the game that's mildly dangerous to Trinity.

Tips n tricks:

-Energy vampire works even on normal mobs, if you hit it with enough overkill (DHS maxed charge attack is good). Only problem is, if your teammate kills it first :(

-Blessing invulnerability is useless, keep it at rank 0 to not waste mod points.

-Well of life is useless, don't bother equipping.

-Get as much shields as you can. You can save some time by letting enemies hammer your shields, then when it gets down to 100 or so, Link, and it will regenerate to full again.

Definitely my favorite frame. And who wouldn't love the cockroach skirt? :D

Edited by arune

That never happened to you? How? My understanding is that when Link activates, you redirect the damage you take to the nearest enemy OR ALLY. With the sentinel being nearest to you pretty much all the time you redirect damage to him instantly killing him against higher level enemies. Happens 100% of all time so I really wonder how you didn't notice it.

Max rank Blessing with duration bonuses is actually pretty nice for a squad.  Not awesome, but useful.  It's not like Trinity has any shortage of energy.  Best example for me so far was using it to let everyone completely avoid damage from Phorid's opening scream.  The duration ends up at several seconds and has no range limit!

Well of life is definitely 100% useless.

That never happened to you? How? My understanding is that when Link activates, you redirect the damage you take to the nearest enemy OR ALLY. With the sentinel being nearest to you pretty much all the time you redirect damage to him instantly killing him against higher level enemies. Happens 100% of all time so I really wonder how you didn't notice it.

I've never seen Link target an ally.  Even in a solo game with no sentinel, I can let far off grineer plink at me for no damage during Link.

Edited by FloofyRedTail

Don't know, man.  I can't even activate Link unless I'm pointing at an enemy.  They glow if they're close enough.  If not, only Trinity glows.  It chooses new targets intelligently as needed.  Might have to see about making a quick video when there's time later.

ATTENTION TENNO:

The Stalker is apparently IMMUNE to all of our abilities.

If it doesn't directly deal damage, it is not going to affect him.

ZERO EFFECT

Do not use powers like link, mind control, or freeze on the Stalker.

You may now continue your discussion.