The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

all novas use molecualr prime, all nekros desecrate. rhino skin is piece of paper so they all stomp, get my point?

besides, i use super jump on conclave, its awsome, and radial blind is actually fun, you can do finishers which are cool

I actually agree with him. Though excalibur is my go to frame for T4, standing around spamming 2 and shooting the fish in the barrel gets bland.

The 2 types of skills which are useful endgame are CC (radial blind/disarm, bastille/vortex, chaos etc) and team damage augmentation (m.prime, roar, electric shield etc).

Frames which lack neither are generally cast aside for endgame, which makes me sad as Ash is my favourite. Bladestorm spam can only take you so far :/.

In my opinion, the most sensible way DE can balance the frames without homogenizing them would be to give each one either: A. a team damage augmentation skill, or B. some form of CC.

I actually agree with him. Though excalibur is my go to frame for T4, standing around spamming 2 and shooting the fish in the barrel gets bland.

The 2 types of skills which are useful endgame are CC (radial blind/disarm, bastille/vortex, chaos etc) and team damage augmentation (m.prime, roar, electric shield etc).

Frames which lack neither are generally cast aside for endgame, which makes me sad as Ash is my favourite. Bladestorm spam can only take you so far :/.

In my opinion, the most sensible way DE can balance the frames without homogenizing them would be to give each one either: A. a team damage augmentation skill, or B. some form of CC.

smoke screen have a small stun i belive, but thats not enough, tho my friend bladestorm did very well for him untill 30 - 40 min, but yeah, evrey frame need those sorts OR, and thats for another thread, finally change scaling in this game

Even though I am mastery rank 13 on Ps4, I still can't get into a public T4 Tower!

I main Excalibur (5x Forma) and I'm getting bagged on by 3 other people who are running....

- Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime,

I never even see what their secondaries and melee are because I get booted for being a " Excalibur Noob " ?

I've given up on pugs in T4 now.

This happening to anyone else?

if it's t4 defense it's understandable that people looking to make a 20+ wave run wouldn't want an excal, it's not tanky enough  and the tile is full of stuff that gets in the way of radial blind and there are enough mobs to make stray fire from blinded enemys just as deadly as aimed fire and i'd rather have some other frame.

as for other t4 missions for survival and interception as long as the sum of your healt(*1/3 of armor) and shields is equal or over 1000 and you have a good weapon (doesn't have to be the boltor prime but if you run something like a braton/grakata/miter/torid it's understandable that people will kick you, terribly bad weapons stay bad weapons no matter how many formas you dump there) youre good to go imo

other kinds of t4 i usually just solo them easy so if i had to  make a group i'd probably just pick up anyone, even rank 0 players without mods, and if they die, well they still get the reward.

I wouldn't put excalibur end game worthy either, but more endgame than rhino nonetheless.

Not to be rude but how long have you played? Do you have an Excal formaed and use it? If not I think you might have been given the same Koolaid/advice that much of the community has been given over time. Rhino Prime is the best all around Warframe. It is true but in terms of what can and can not be done in endless both are viable but Excal is viable at the same tier as the best endless frames. It isn't about throwing other frames under the bus but correcting a misconception newer (and some veteran) players have. 

For me if you told me I had to do a random mission type I would likely choose my Excal. The reason being I know I can do all bosses and all current content with him. I could say the same of my Rhino Prime. The only difference is in T4 my Excal has no issues in endless but my Rhino Prime eventually scales out. 

As far as endless goes you have 3 types of skills that really make you worthy or not. those are cc skills, invul phases, and infinitely scaling damage. The only frame that has all 3 (in 2 skills) is Nyx. Heavy CC is generally more important than the other 2 as it assist the entire party and not just yourself. Excal has the unique capability of providing stealth to the party and a short duration short cooldown hard cc. If you choose to use a melee weapon than a damage augmentation on top of that.

The fact Excal really needs only one skill for endgame opens up the door for builds that take unconventional mods. For example both my Nyx and Excal are built with enemy sense as it is very useful in many endless missions especially survival. 

if it's t4 defense it's understandable that people looking to make a 20+ wave run wouldn't want an excal, it's not tanky enough  and the tile is full of stuff that gets in the way of radial blind and there are enough mobs to make stray fire from blinded enemys just as deadly as aimed fire and i'd rather have some other frame.

as for other t4 missions for survival and interception as long as the sum of your healt(*1/3 of armor) and shields is equal or over 1000 and you have a good weapon (doesn't have to be the boltor prime but if you run something like a braton/grakata/miter/torid it's understandable that people will kick you, terribly bad weapons stay bad weapons no matter how many formas you dump there) youre good to go imo

other kinds of t4 i usually just solo them easy so if i had to  make a group i'd probably just pick up anyone, even rank 0 players without mods, and if they die, well they still get the reward.

Using a radial blind Excalibur coupled with a vauban my friend and I were able to carry an unranked Oberon to wave 30 on a t4 defense key. Defense missions are relatively easy to get to wave 40. If you are kicking people because you are worried about getting past wave 20 the other players might not be the problem...

Not to be rude but how long have you played? Do you have an Excal formaed and use it? If not I think you might have been given the same Koolaid/advice that much of the community has been given over time. Rhino Prime is the best all around Warframe. It is true but in terms of what can and can not be done in endless both are viable but Excal is viable at the same tier as the best endless frames. It isn't about throwing other frames under the bus but correcting a misconception newer (and some veteran) players have. 

For me if you told me I had to do a random mission type I would likely choose my Excal. The reason being I know I can do all bosses and all current content with him. I could say the same of my Rhino Prime. The only difference is in T4 my Excal has no issues in endless but my Rhino Prime eventually scales out. 

As far as endless goes you have 3 types of skills that really make you worthy or not. those are cc skills, invul phases, and infinitely scaling damage. The only frame that has all 3 (in 2 skills) is Nyx. Heavy CC is generally more important than the other 2 as it assist the entire party and not just yourself. Excal has the unique capability of providing stealth to the party and a short duration short cooldown hard cc. If you choose to use a melee weapon than a damage augmentation on top of that.

Em no he is not. You wanna talk about pure end game? Like end game 2 hours+? Well then as somebody said in the thread you need the best possible synergy for your party. Which I believe would be a Loki vauban and a nekros for well you need life support gear.

The fact Excal really needs only one skill for endgame opens up the door for builds that take unconventional mods.

Yeah so many possibilities now.

Edited by Deccode

There is hate for Excalibur because many people see him as a "n00b" frame. The first one you get then dispose of and clean your hands, as if you never had it.

These people obviously do not try Excalibur much, for he is a very good frame if you are used to him. In-fact, my Excal p. is my second most favorite frame.

I personally don't get much flak for it, but maybe thats because I use Excally prime; and the message that sends is: "Hey, Imma foundah brah - I been playin since teh beginin mayun! Dun't mesh wid me!".

Well good to know that some of the Excaliburs radial blind power is being given to Oberon. 

I dont know if that is DE saying Radial blind is really awesome or just a nice way of buffing Oberon. 

Obviously we dont know how long it will last but we will hopefully find out tomorrow and can then begin Excalibur feddback anew. 

Em no he is not. You wanna talk about pure end game? Like end game 2 hours+? Well then as somebody said in the thread you need the best possible synergy for your party. Which I believe would be a Loki vauban and a nekros for well you need life support gear.

Em no he is not. You wanna talk about pure end game? Like end game 2 hours+? Well then as somebody said in the thread you need the beskt possible synergy for your party. Which I believe would be a Loki vauban and a nekros for well you need life support gear.

Wrong.

There is no endgame.

There is more then 1 strategy.

Took alone my team to wave 30 + and vor didn't even shot cause of blind.

EDIT:

with loki and vauban, if you talking about your so called " pure endgame " you have nothing to kill them, both loki and vauban dont have team buff, at least excal give 4x melee, which is huge and does well with vortex too.

Edited by adarazrad

Wrong.

There is no endgame.

There is more then 1 strategy.

Took alone my tem to wave 30 and vor didn't even shot cause of blind

According the majority of the community there is. And sooner or later there will be only 1 strategy that will go the furthest in survivales and defense waves. And sicne the community goes apeS#&$ about meta builds they require that one specific strategy/frame squad all the time even if its a PUG run. Congratulations on killing void vor.

According the majority of the community there is. And sooner or later there will be only 1 strategy that will go the furthest in survivales and defense waves. And sicne the community goes apeS#&$ about meta builds they require that one specific strategy/frame squad all the time even if its a PUG run. Congratulations on killing void vor.

if you really look into community, you will see there is no endgame, cause there is no focus and proxy wars, dark sector still seem to be in progress and its a pvp endgame.

of course there is more then one strategy, open your mind.

excalibur is awsome frame and is fun to play.

if you really look into community, you will see there is no endgame, cause there is no focus and proxy wars, dark sector still seem to be in progress and its a pvp endgame.

of course there is more then one strategy, open your mind.

excalibur is awsome frame and is fun to play.

You want to open my mind? Like seriously? Comming from the guy that claims that he carried his team to wave 30 in T4 D?

And btw yes excalibur is an awesoem frame and fun to play. About the strategy part read my post again.

Edited by Deccode

You want to open my mind? Like seriously? Comming from the guy that claims that he carried his team to wave 30 in T4 D?

just example of what excalibur did.

it was with clanmates who new to the game, yet excalibur gave them huge buff and CCed anyone in the room.

i mostly dont judge by this but.... your account isnt even month old, you maybe should try more things

And btw yes excalibur is an awesoem frame and fun to play. About the strategy part read my post again.

ok seriously, i looked into your profile, please dont try to teach me anything, you barely tried out things, your excalibur isnt even maxed, you dont have nekros loki or vauban, dont talk about things you dont have.

Dat boltor prime xp..... you farming the hell out of this or what? lol

Edited by adarazrad

ok seriously, i looked into your profile, please dont try to teach me anything, you barely tried out things, your excalibur isnt even maxed, you dont have nekros loki or vauban, dont talk about things you dont have.

Dat boltor prime xp..... you farming the hell out of this or what? lol

Actually my account is much older. Doesnt change the fact that you shamelessly claim to carry your whole team to wave 30 while it doesnt matter how bad they are. It's not like you were soloing it. You are assuming stuff and reading between some imaginary lines. I never said he is not end game viable nor did I say he is not fun or what not. You are making things up I'm not even sure if you are capable of arguing?

Actually my account is much older. Doesnt change the fact that you shamelessly claim to carry your whole team to wave 30 while it doesnt matter how bad they are. It's not like you were soloing it. You are assuming stuff and reading between some imaginary lines. I never said he is not end game viable nor did I say he is not fun or what not. You are making things up I'm not even sure if you are capable of arguing?

I didnt said any of those things, if i did quote it.

I said that excal is fun and i didnt said anything that you said

Helping clanmates is a shame?

edit.

the last sentence, ignore it, its annoying to read on mobile, misunderstood.

another thing, why would you create a second account instaed using your older? i i would forget this one i would never start over agian... lol

so, what you do say about excalibur and not about tactics? thats what the whole thread is about

Edited by adarazrad

Using a radial blind Excalibur coupled with a vauban my friend and I were able to carry an unranked Oberon to wave 30 on a t4 defense key. Defense missions are relatively easy to get to wave 40. If you are kicking people because you are worried about getting past wave 20 the other players might not be the problem...

you're not running with random people tho, anyway usually the only reason i kick people is if they use really weak weapons and can't/don't want tto change it (you're not going to convince me that grakata/furis/dual ether is a good loadout for t4 defense to make an exemple) i was just saying that people aren't very fond of excalibur players since the majority of noobs plays excalibur and he isn't the easyest frame to play effectively with  and there are usually safer picks for t4 defense and not everyone checks mastery rank/conclave

Edited by bl4ckhunter

you're not running with random people tho, anyway usually the only reason i kick people is if they use really weak weapons and can't/don't want tto change it (you're not going to convince me that grakata/furis/dual ether is a good loadout for t4 defense to make an exemple) i was just saying that people aren't very fond of excalibur players since the majority of noobs plays excalibur and he isn't the easyest frame to play effectively with  and there are usually safer picks for t4 defense and not everyone checks mastery rank/conclave

both mastery rank and conclave is absolute S#&$ if you ask me, stuff like decoy for example gives like 1 conclave point, and weapons like soma got more rating then synapse, and so on.

but yeah, alot of people think that excalibur is bad because of newbies that use it.

the thing that is closest to player ablity is playing hours, to show how much time he have in game, but this is not correct always as well

Edited by adarazrad