Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Or Dual Ether...?

masqueflamex

Which do you think is better? I will have an ash warframe, and I love to melee stuff. I have the fang right now, and it is pretty awesome, but I also want something anti infested. I've narrowed it down to these two.

I like to use slide attacks and normal, plus a few charges here and there. Anyways, I understand one is a heavy and the other is a med weapon, but I just want to hear what people think. I'm so torn!

Anyways, Scindo or Dual Ether versus Infected mostly, but also for general mobs as well?

With Ash you may want something medium to fast rate. Mainly because using slow swinging and charging weapons with a frame with not much shield cap will get you down more often than you'd like. I haven't built Dual Ether yet, but I would use those with my Ash (currently have Fang). I use Scindo with Frost, it's pretty good against grouped infested  one charged swing gets rid of most crowds, the AoE form the jump attack is decent, then it all comes down to which mods you put on it. But Scindo is double dmg against infested while Dual Ether is triple, and Dual also have innate AP, for them grineer.

So I can tell you that for mobs both of them will be very effective. Sure the Scindo will be slower in melee hits, but if you dash and attack with it, then its pretty quick and effective. The Dual Ether will be faster than the Scindo but compared to the Fang they will feel very slow (even though they aren't). I am just saying since I went from my Fang to my Dual Heat swords. IF you dash with them though it should be fine to clear infested but if you just right click them they will crowd around you, since with dual swords you have that the ranged damage feels more spread out to one side (the side with the longer sword).

However, I doubt the difference will be noticeable. Basically AoE of the Scindo is huge but its slow attack speed makes it feel too easy, AoE on dual ethers is alright but not any better than using a single handed sword.

Where things will be different is when you go against ancients. Here the advantage will be on the scindo, if you place organ shatter on it and just go invis with your Ash you will most likely one shot the ancients. The dual ethers do not have a high charge damage so it might take some more swings depending on your build.

Seeing as the Dual Ethers deal normal damage against Infected ancients — you know, the one type of Infected you really ought to deal decent melee damage against — I can't rightly suggest them to anyone. That said, the Scindo is hardly that great of an option, either, 'though not the worst. At the moment, your best bet is still the Dual Heat Swords.

difference is the charge damage and....

Scindo: Stagger immunity (not knockdown immunity) when charging after a little, a double the charge damage, slower charge speed

Dual ether: no stagger immunity or knockdown immunity, fast charge speed but lower charge damage.

Scindo xd The best weapon in the game :s Preasure point Reflex coil Charge and Molten impact AND GG CORPUS Griner with Arpen and Infested :s I have Mi scindo with potato lvl 30 and Mods Full And i say you with

No need for pressure point :P rather go charge damage and just charge all day