Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Needs To Be Done About This

Doomauculas

During an ODD mission, we were given the choice to continue or leave. We were around wave 60 at the time trying to get a Boltor Prime Receiver or something worth keeping (we got tower 2 keys every reward). The host and all of us planned to keep going and selected "battle". At the last second the host changed to "claim and exit", making the rest of the squad FAIL all the hard work we did and obtain NOTHING. I messages the host of the group "Why leave" and all I got in response was "thanks for all that loot, Troll".

Is it possible to make everyone evac on keys if the host does this to stop this trolling potential, because that is just stupid how all members fail the mission when the host leaves on Void/derelict?

Edited by Doomauculas

During an ODD mission, we were given the choice to continue or leave. We were around wave 60 at the time trying to get a Boltor Prime Receiver or something worth keeping (we got tower 2 keys every reward). The host and all of us planned to keep going and hit battle. BUT at the last second the host changed to leave, making the rest of the squad technically FAIL all the hard work we did and obtain NOTHING. I messages the host of the group "Why leave" and all I got in response was "thanks for all that loot, Troll".

Is it possible to make everyone evac on keys if the host does to stop this trolling potential, because that is just stupid how all members fail the mission when the host leaves on Void/derelict?

I agree. In the past I had the same situation with host leaving the game and you obtain nothing. I hope they fix that. Very soon.

I agree. In the past I had the same situation with host leaving the game and you obtain nothing. I hope they fix that. Very soon.

It just happened to me. I was trying to farm boltor prime parts for my 3 friends who just started playing, just to help em out a bit when they hit mastery 2 etc. Then we get this kind of thing going on. 

Wave 60 on ODD is harder to get now because of the infested rework... and man, we had a nekros desecrating, we had loot up the wazoo, then host leaves match. Poof, all that work gone because of some pr*** hosting, deciding to leave.

I don't think the game should end if the host leaves, and when the host does leave at any given time the key should disappear for them if they click abort mission. However if they crash or d/c the key should stay in tact, but I don't think it's fair to just kick everyone out, especially if it's because of the hosts computer or internet.

The only problem would be people can manipulate these things to keep redoing the key, but even if they do, they get banned as a consequence anyways. it's happened once before.

I don't think the game should end if the host leaves, and when the host does leave at any given time the key should disappear for them if they click abort mission. However if they crash or d/c the key should stay in tact, but I don't think it's fair to just kick everyone out, especially if it's because of the hosts computer or internet.

The only problem would be people can manipulate these things to keep redoing the key, but even if they do, they get banned as a consequence anyways. it's happened once before.

The problem with that is it opens up people being able to dupe again. What DE did fixed that issue, the problem is... they didn't really think it through. When the host leaves the match all players who didn't evacuate the mission fail the mission. Instead of everyone else failing the mission, they should evacuate with the host and complete the mission. It's a simple fix idea, not sure how hard on the coding side of thing.

Edited by Doomauculas

The problem with that is it opens up people being able to dupe again. What DE did fixed that issue, the problem is... they didn't really think it through. When the host leaves the match all players who didn't evacuate the mission fail the mission. Instead of everyone else failing the mission, they should evacuate with the host and complete the mission. It's a simple fix idea, not sure how hard on the coding side of thing.

so you're saying everyone in the mission should stay after the host d/cs? isn't that what i just said but better? XD I don't get what you're trying to add to the conversation.

so you're saying everyone in the mission should stay after the host d/cs? isn't that what i just said but better? XD I don't get what you're trying to add to the conversation.

When the host leaves picks leave, and the rest of the group pick battle. The people who picked battle fail the mission because the host left.

What I'm saying is instead of the people who selected battle failing the mission, they should instead evacuate with the host so they don't lose everything they worked for.

When the host leaves picks leave, and the rest of the group pick battle. The people who picked battle fail the mission because the host left.

What I'm saying is instead of the people who selected battle failing the mission, they should instead evacuate with the host so they don't lose everything they worked for.

ohh I see, yes, it's a good idea. pardon me, your wording was just so confusing in the other one. I get it now though.

Also if evacuation takes place I think you should just obtain the last reward offered to you at the last battle screen so it doesn't feel like a waste. by the way, what was the name of that guy? could you pm me it so i can ignore him xD

The game still has a bunch of bugs like this, if you ask me, we could use more frequent hotfixes.

Stop crying about my crying.

i wasn't crying i was laughing.. XD

You do know that not all the people working in DE fix bugs right? Some develop weapons, that's their job, are you saying those people should stop doing their job and learn how to bug fix to please you?

You do know that not all the people working in DE fix bugs right? Some develop weapons, that's their job, are you saying those people should stop doing their job and learn how to bug fix to please you?

This is kinda getting off topic. Long story short. DE works hard, great job, thanks for fixing bugs, keep up the great work.

Of course i'm not saying that, and i think you're just trying to be a $&*^ by putting it that way.

What i am saying is that maybe the weapon developers can get some vacation time and maybe DE needs to hire a few more bug fixers. Doesn't need to be that specific, but i think it's foolish to think resources can't be re-allocated. I'm sorry you lacked the ability to realize this.

And actually, since their job IS to please the players in general, and i am a player in general, it sortof is their job to please me in an indirect way.

Please, cut out the blind rabid fanboying. It's way too prevalent in the forums lately.

im always ready for this kind of stuff when we get this far

I kinda wish I was too. I've seen people player-bait this before. I just wasn't paying attention, and apparently neither were the other two people that failed the mission as well...

I guess you can say we weren't prepared.

Illidan-Stormrage.gif

I pmed you, and yes, i am just foaming at the mouth in anger..... >_>

It doesn't matter if you're foaming at the mouth or perfectly calm. Doesn't change the fact that you're insulting me for having an opinion.

And you could just as easily stop replying, the OP told you to stay on topic too, but i guess when it's your post, it doesn't matter, huh?