The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Zoren-Coptering And Increase Movement Speed

Ryouhi

EDIT: oh God, I don't know what happened to my post <o>

Ok, I don't really know why all the hate about coptering. If you don't like, just don't do it. If your squad are full copterind around, just ask they to "please stop, I can't reach you" or "I hate copterind, please don't do it know" in the chat, it's not bad to have communication with your squad about that things.

Example: every time I enjoy a public squad and I see a Nova, Mirage or another nuke-frame like that (I don't hate those frames, I love they) and my side-quest is "kill 30 guys" or "10 headshots", I ask to stop the nukes to reach the objective. If they don't help you, patient, some players don't really care about you anyway.

Btw, I have some points about this:

1) You think it's ridiculous, like I think not, Crewman[1] think not and Bombard[40] hate it. It's your point, ok, you're not wrong to point this, but the "completely out of place with the flow of the gameplay and less immersive" part I don't really understand, sorry. 

2) I use Heavy Weapons, and during hard combat (Stalker, G3 for example) it's really bad to escape with the coptering. But it's from weapon to weapon, the same thing happens to players that choose to go high-level enemys with Soma, and players who choose Dread. Soma it's a good gun, I know, but don't kill high-level guys in one shot like Dread can kill. It's just about the type of weapon. 

3) Do it, and you now became a coptering-guy, and somewhere, someone will hate you and will have the feeling about retire coptering. Just keep with the non-coptering melee you like to use, you don't need to follow they. They will find a Shockwave Moa that keep they busy until you reach or not.

4) True :( . I like heavy weapons, and I know the pain to not go such meters coptering. But I know it when I build the weapon, so I don't worry about. You know, it's a HEAVY weapon.

5) I like coptering, and sometimes I feel like I'm going to fly to another planet doing it, but I don't do it if someone will be left behind. I don't know if that guy will need help, so I keep going with him. One time my squad coptered away from me, and the Stalker appears to kill me. They don't return to save me. Another time I coptered through the Void to find a room that my mates use in endless survival challenges, and I got stuck in the door. 10 minutes in the same place. Even dying and reviving, and I still there.

6) I will really love if it happens. Something like stop the spin-attack when you kill the target, or slow down in each enemy reach, I don't know. But I think that coptering like a mobility tool, not a combat tool, like the Zephyr's Tail Wind and Nova's Worm Hole.

Btw, sorry for the long post, and don't get mad about coptering-guys, they will need someeone to revive they one time, and you will not be able to do so because they fly away coptering. Just play the way you like and get fun.

lol

Basically this is another nerf response because someone else did something I can't do, someone stole my kills, someone has something I don't have request. Don't play with rushers, play with others at your level and speed. People want to play with veterans because they get to go to the void and advanced locations, then have a problem when the same players exhibit higher skills. You want to run with the big dogs, expect a higher skill level. 

You're assuming i'm a beginner, i believe.

I'm MR13 myself though, so no, i'm not trying to 'run with the big dogs' or leech Void Missions, thank you very much.

No, the reason why i want coptering nerfed is because it lets you skip whole rooms and tilesets in seconds and i pretty much see everyone use this 'technique' - from High MR players to beginners.

Why use parkour - or rather why should DE bother to implement better parkour and movement when players can skip every room and obstacle and what not with one simple copter?

And you're calling coptering 'High Skill Level'? Really?

Jumping and doing a spin Attack is 'High Skill Level'? :I

You're assuming i'm a beginner, i believe.

I'm MR13 myself though, so no, i'm not trying to 'run with the big dogs' or leech Void Missions, thank you very much.

No, the reason why i want coptering nerfed is because it lets you skip whole rooms and tilesets in seconds and i pretty much see everyone use this 'technique' - from High MR players to beginners.

Why use parkour - or rather why should DE bother to implement better parkour and movement when players can skip every room and obstacle and what not with one simple copter?

And you're calling coptering 'High Skill Level'? Really?

Jumping and doing a spin Attack is 'High Skill Level'? :I

I will explain to you why people don't use parkour.

It's clunky and you can't control your Warframe accurately

If we skip whole room there is 1 and single reason to that., We have no reason to go look at them at all.

Please tell me how using something that is clunky like wallrun will give the Dev the impression that it should be fixed? Wouldn't that give the opposite effect? When DE will add a good reason to look in those rooms, and a DECENT parkour system, now we could talk about toning zorencopter.

You want to do things backward fix the system before removing zorencopter.

Edited by Alphafox

I will explain to you why people don't use parkour.

It's clunky and you can't control your Warframe accurately

If we skip whole room there is 1 and single reason to that., We have no reason to go look at them at all.

Please tell me how using something that is clunky like wallrun will give the Dev the impression that it should be fixed? Wouldn't that give the opposite effect? When DE will add a good reason to look in those rooms, and a DECENT parkour system, now we could talk about toning zorencopter.

You want to do things backward fix the system before removing zorencopter.

I don't expect them to just up and remove coptering tomorrow, but my premise always was more movement speed/better parkour.

(i probably didn't make that clear in my OP because i'm not really good at starting discussion like this, but it was said numerous times by other people here.)

I don't see Coptering as a 'proper' way of movement.

It looks and feels out of place imo and i would like that movement was more focused on parkouring, abilities and generally better mechanics regarding said movement.

I pretty much agree with your statement though, sorry if my OP was to badly structured to see that.

Basically:

-> parkour 2.0

-> better movement (speed, Maneuvers, better controls, etc)

-> tone down coptering

EDIT: oh God, I don't know what happened to my post <o>

Ok, I don't really know why all the hate about coptering. If you don't like, just don't do it. If your squad are full copterind around, just ask they to "please stop, I can't reach you" or "I hate copterind, please don't do it know" in the chat, it's not bad to have communication with your squad about that things.

Example: every time I enjoy a public squad and I see a Nova, Mirage or another nuke-frame like that (I don't hate those frames, I love they) and my side-quest is "kill 30 guys" or "10 headshots", I ask to stop the nukes to reach the objective. If they don't help you, patient, some players don't really care about you anyway.

Btw, I have some points about this:

These are most of the problems i have with 'Coptering':

1) It looks ridiculous, completely out of place with the flow of the gameplay and less immersive

2) Players that choose Heavy Weapons, or generally Weapons that are bad at coptering often get left behind

3) Players might feel pressured into taking Copter-Weapons so they can keep up with the squad

4) Heavy weapons might seem less desirable

5) Rushers flying through tilesets in seconds

6) Makes the actual Spin-Attack less useful in Combat - zipping 30meters past your target

1) You think it's ridiculous, like I think not, Crewman[1] think not and Bombard[40] hate it. It's your point, ok, you're not wrong to point this, but the "completely out of place with the flow of the gameplay and less immersive" part I don't really understand, sorry. 

2) I use Heavy Weapons, and during hard combat (Stalker, G3 for example) it's really bad to escape with the coptering. But it's from weapon to weapon, the same thing happens to players that choose to go high-level enemys with Soma, and players who choose Dread. Soma it's a good gun, I know, but don't kill high-level guys in one shot like Dread can kill. It's just about the type of weapon. 

3) Do it, and you now became a coptering-guy, and somewhere, someone will hate you and will have the feeling about retire coptering. Just keep with the non-coptering melee you like to use, you don't need to follow they. They will find a Shockwave Moa that keep they busy until you reach or not.

4) True :( . I like heavy weapons, and I know the pain to not go such meters coptering. But I know it when I build the weapon, so I don't worry about. You know, it's a HEAVY weapon.

5) I like coptering, and sometimes I feel like I'm going to fly to another planet doing it, but I don't do it if someone will be left behind. I don't know if that guy will need help, so I keep going with him. One time my squad coptered away from me, and the Stalker appears to kill me. They don't return to save me. Another time I coptered through the Void to find a room that my mates use in endless survival challenges, and I got stuck in the door. 10 minutes in the same place. Even dying and reviving, and I still there.

6) I will really love if it happens. Something like stop the spin-attack when you kill the target, or slow down in each enemy reach, I don't know. But I think that coptering like a mobility tool, not a combat tool, like the Zephyr's Tail Wind and Nova's Worm Hole.

Btw, sorry for the long post, and don't get mad about coptering-guys, they will need someeone to revive they one time, and you will not be able to do so because they fly away coptering. Just play the way you like and get fun.

Edited by ArmaChaos