Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn On/off Sentinel's Attack In Gameplay

FULK_UGEN_ROGNER

Title says it all. Toggle switch for turning on/off Sentinel's attack in game....

Sometimes, I want my sentinel to completely do nothing.

Like in defence mission, you failed cover the pod, system or whatever, you are waiting for pod to recover hp by not killing all enemies but just getting their attention and drag them away from the pod.

B.U.T!!! here comes the mighty SENTINEL. it just kills the last enemy.......................................................

He means in-game. I certainly wouldn't mind the ability to tell my sentinel "Hey, cool it for just a bit, a'ight?"

As it stands, I love my Wyrm. He can render Corpus Crewmen completely helpless with his shock damage. Alas, I have not seen my own stealth attack animation for days simply because anything I sneak up on is alerted by him shootin' at it.

It'd also help with actually managing his energy for shockwaves 'n giving me shields.

He means in-game. I certainly wouldn't mind the ability to tell my sentinel "Hey, cool it for just a bit, a'ight?"

As it stands, I love my Wyrm. He can render Corpus Crewmen completely helpless with his shock damage. Alas, I have not seen my own stealth attack animation for days simply because anything I sneak up on is alerted by him shootin' at it.

It'd also help with actually managing his energy for shockwaves 'n giving me shields.

I fully understand that he means in game.  How would you think anyone wouldn't understand that?  Quite simply though, the concepts for the sentinels implied that whatever you set them up with, they will do.  As in setting the sentinel before the mission means that you want it to do that.

Sadly they don't have the adequate precepts to make proper behaviors yet.  But as it is, the sentinel's are doing exactly what you told them to do.  Until more precept's are added, people will not be able to adjust the actions of the sentinels.  While setting buttons for start and stop might be what someone wants, it wasn't the plan for sentinels.  I believe they were saying they just didn't want to add so many extra buttons for people to have to use while playing, but also because that is just what the sentinels are.  You program them ahead of time and accept what they are doing.

Forgive me, your post was just worded strangely.

I'm also out of the loop on what the 'plan' for sentinels is. I only joined shortly after they were introduced. Where do they talk about it? I'd like to read that.