Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For A Ninja - Japanese Oriented Game

Endrance

i do not think this game wants to be related to japan in that way. They use ninja as a catch word that calls to mind a weapons master that has amazing physical and "magical" abilities. Might be their settings equivalent of a ninja, similar but not a copy.

I have not seen a scrap of Japanese culture in the game yet.

Shuriken (Ash) = Japanese

Bo = Japanese 

It's not much, but it's there. 

OP, I think what you're missing is that DE is purposely using fictional weapons, probably to retain creative freedom. The skana is a katana. The dual blades in this game are actually a sword and parrying blade (they aren't the same length. Everything seems inspired by reality, but it's not reality. There's the clear difference.

I'm not putting down your suggestion, but giving you reason why DE probably won't go for it.

Now back to that creative freedom point. Without actually using any real weapons, DE [mostly] avoids fanboys and critics saying they did something wrong. How many gun games with real weapons have people complaining when the AK-47 is slightly off? Oh it doesn't have that much recoil? So what is better, game balance or simulating the real weapon? How many folks would cry foul if there was a "katana" in the game, but it wasn't curved enough, or cut through things too easily or not easily enough, etc? DE avoids all that with fictional weapons.

And I prefer it that way. As a developer, if you can easily avoid the bane of the internet, you should. The only bane now is people crying out they aren't using real weapons. ;)

+1 gell

It doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective. It's somewher between 500 to 100,000 years in the future. Even if the technology somehow stagnated to the level that their weaponry was functionally identical to modern ones, why would the precise models stay the same?

High frequency blades aren't a trademark of Metal Gear or anything. They also turn up in Star Wars, Warhammer and a thousand other things.

I wouldn't be surprised if the blades already present in Warframe are vibro-weapons. Or laser ground monomolecular diamondoid edged. Or both.