Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Ancients Are One Hit Killing Any Thing And Every Thing With In Their Reach.

LunchBoxKilla

Not sure if this has been made or not but these guys are just far too damn powerful just to reach out and "poke" kill you in one hit.. 

By example, I use rhino pop IS and then get poked. Iron skin goes away and I am freaking out then the second poke form him just obliterates 1050 shields and 300-400 HP and I'm on my rump screaming for help.

Well guys, call it annoying, but how do you think they feel?  We're running around with upper level weapons tearing them a new one, so they need to evolve to survive.  The Infestation wouldn't be so scary if it was weak, right?

Lol right. Though only this guys are surprisingly powerfull. Really if you get on their way - onehitdead. Its not a bad thing, but when the whole party lies together downed, after attemts to res each other...

my 2 cents as to why this happens:

the one hit kill could be because they are affected by their own auras, therefore their own attacks get a toxic damage bonus, which bypasses shields (so you can have a 100 or a million shield and in the end your "mere" 400 hp will be your doom)

Well guys, call it annoying, but how do you think they feel?  We're running around with upper level weapons tearing them a new one, so they need to evolve to survive.  The Infestation wouldn't be so scary if it was weak, right?

Why does no one say this about Grineer or Corpus? And side note: Lol at the fact that you said we're tearing them a new one, they're literally walking ****s anyway.

Haha noobs.  You're supposed to make health tanks so armor actually means something!

Trust me, Life Strike and Health tanking with Rage is much stronger than shield tanking.

Oh how fun. Another silly post to pick apart. Shields are useless against infested, and only a combination of two mods with a powerful melee weapon are relevant against the faction. You are only supposed to armored frames with high health totals, because that's the only way to not be a noob. Yay!

Edited by Crossflip

ODD after 20 is impossible. Anything hit by any ancient is one-hit. It's ridiculous.

Yes. Ancients spawn way too often at this point; meaning their auras basically cover all infested in the map, which is just punishing. They need to at least lower the spawn count drastically, and maybe give a small nerf to the aura numbers to make 20 upwards more doable.

Why does no one say this about Grineer or Corpus? And side note: Lol at the fact that you said we're tearing them a new one, they're literally walking ****s anyway.

Oh how fun. Another silly post to pick apart. Shields are useless against infested, and only a combination of two mods with a powerful melee weapon are relevant against the faction. You are only supposed to armored frames with high health totals, because that's the only way to not be a noob. Yay!

I think you misunderstood the latter post, and the sarcasm within.

Shields are not useless against the Infested, they are useless against Disruptors and Toxics.  Disruptors disrupt your shields, Toxics bypass them.

When I say noobs, I am referring to those who think that Ancients need to be nerfed, because when they get to the point where I am, they will ask for the same Ancients to be buffed.  End-game Warframe becomes a game of CC and insta-kills, as I'm sure you know, judging by your mastery rank.

In addition, you really only need one mod, that being Vitality.  Armor is overrated on everything but Valkyr.  Without health, you get instakilled, hence the thread in the first place.

Also, I didn't say that the only way to go was with high armor and health, I said that's ONE way to go, ie the one I use.  I'll have you know my Saryn is extremely capable of taking on ANY faction, all with the same build, and with a skana if need be: high leveled and modded melee weapons are not necessary, but are expected if going into the later waves of an ODD.

I understand that you were trying to interpret my comment, because your attempt at "picking it apart" failed miserably.  In my post, I simply said Life Strike and Health tanking with Rage is better than shields... I don't see how you got so much out of a simple statement.

As for the former post, people do say this about the Corpus and Grineer, maybe you just haven't heard it yet, or you choose to ignore it.

Also, four *'s could mean a number of things.  Maybe you should expand your vocabulary to better convey your message?

I think you misunderstood the latter post, and the sarcasm within.

Shields are not useless against the Infested, they are useless against Disruptors and Toxics.  Disruptors disrupt your shields, Toxics bypass them.

Disruptors and toxics make up a third of the infested

When I say noobs, I am referring to those who think that Ancients need to be nerfed, because when they get to the point where I am, they will ask for the same Ancients

to be buffed.  End-game Warframe becomes a game of CC and insta-kills, as I'm sure you know, judging by your mastery rank.

You said, and I quote, "Haha noobs". There's no coming back from that. Anyone can come to the point where you are, but the fact that you think that point even existing is a good thing is the heart of what's wrong with this game. CC and instakills shouldn't be the endgame. Players should not be okay with that.

In addition, you really only need one mod, that being Vitality.  Armor is overrated on everything but Valkyr.  Without health, you get instakilled, hence the thread in the first place.

So you contradict yourself

Also, I didn't say that the only way to go was with high armor and health, I said that's ONE way to go, ie the one I use.

Do pray tell me of these other methods of survivability- oh wait, I already know. CC and instakills.

I'll have you know my Saryn is extremely capable of taking on ANY faction, all with the same build, and with a skana if need be: high leveled and modded melee weapons are not necessary, but are expected if going into the later waves of an ODD.

So basically you're saying low level warframe, i.e the warframe played by the "noobs" you mentioned, is completely fine. Which means you play the broken part of the game.

I understand that you were trying to interpret my comment, because your attempt at "picking it apart" failed miserably.  In my post, I simply said Life Strike and Health tanking with Rage is better than shields... I don't see how you got so much out of a simple statement.

You called people noobs. You then told them what they were supposed to do. You offered no potential alternatives.

As for the former post, people do say this about the Corpus and Grineer, maybe you just haven't heard it yet, or you choose to ignore it.

links pl0x

Also, four *'s could mean a number of things.  Maybe you should expand your vocabulary to better convey your message?

My vocabulary is more than sufficient, as is my censoring.

This isn't scrubs complaining, This is people who know how to play the game saying there is something very wrong with being insta killed by a single poke. This should not ever be considered end game stuff.  Insta deaths should be for the player to make the mistake no the game to go "LOL boop and now you are ded."

I wonder what the point of this is. Not going into the discussion about overall aura problems and number of ancients as that would lead to a discussion by itself.

In regards to toxic ancients I don't see any problem with them. I'm not sure about your iron skin issue, because just today we had a party with a Rhino there who tanked them just fine with it, but in regards to the "1050 shields and 300-400 HP" comment .. seriously? Did you even look up what a toxic ancient does in the first place? Pretty much every stronger melee type of enemy will 1 hit you with 300 HP. Even my Trinity has a good 650 HP, so it's not surprising that shield ignoring enemies bash your head off and thats not even with a maxed vitality. 300 HP is the base level 30 Stat in health for a Rhino, so with 400 HP either it cannot have 1 hit you, or you should maybe not use unranked or low ranked mods.

300-400 HP is beginner HP for a tank like Rhino, so why are you surprised? Pretty much every frame depending on mods has one weakness or another. For some it's energy, for others its shield ignore, for yet others its knock. Staying in one place and hitting the iron skin button wouldn't be a challenge in the first place. Move around, kill the toxics with ranged, have teammates like a Valkyr take them out. There are a multitude of variants to deal with them.

Toxics are not broken and even though you might personally have a problem with them, they are just one of many enemies that are a threat to some builds while not so much to others. I'd much rather tank a toxic ancient than a grineer bombard. One just bashes against my link and kills itself, the other knocks me down and breaks my casts before it (tries to) kill(s) me.

The only issue I see at all is that while rhino and some other frames are tanks, there is not a lot of variety of health/armor tanks yet. Valkyr is the only frame that gets a serious benefit out of armor, with no other frame even getting close to the 600 base armor she has.In the end, we have a lot of squishies that survive only because of abilities, and once they are down for whatever reason, things like toxics become a problem if you engage them in melee. Instead of making toxics weaker, giving players more high armor frames or high health tanks to use would be a better alternative in my opinion.

Edited by Melaire

Can you block the poke attack with a melee weapon?

Never tried, but I think so. To be honest though, blocking in a defense mission is hard. You rarely have the chance to focus on any single target if theres 20+ of them. Taking out a certain kind with ranged while they approach isn't that hard, but blocking even 2 enemies at the same time would be next to impossible if you want to do anything else other than blocking as well.

I wonder what the point of this is. Not going into the discussion about overall aura problems and number of ancients as that would lead to a discussion by itself.

In regards to toxic ancients I don't see any problem with them. I'm not sure about your iron skin issue, because just today we had a party with a Rhino there who tanked them just fine with it, but in regards to the "1050 shields and 300-400 HP" comment .. seriously? Did you even look up what a toxic ancient does in the first place? Pretty much every stronger melee type of enemy will 1 hit you with 300 HP. Even my Trinity has a good 650 HP, so it's not surprising that shield ignoring enemies bash your head off and thats not even with a maxed vitality. 300 HP is the base level 30 Stat in health for a Rhino, so with 400 HP either it cannot have 1 hit you, or you should maybe not use unranked or low ranked mods.

300-400 HP is beginner HP for a tank like Rhino, so why are you surprised? Pretty much every frame depending on mods has one weakness or another. For some it's energy, for others its shield ignore, for yet others its knock. Staying in one place and hitting the iron skin button wouldn't be a challenge in the first place. Move around, kill the toxics with ranged, have teammates like a Valkyr take them out. There are a multitude of variants to deal with them.

Toxics are not broken and even though you might personally have a problem with them, they are just one of many enemies that are a threat to some builds while not so much to others. I'd much rather tank a toxic ancient than a grineer bombard. One just bashes against my link and kills itself, the other knocks me down and breaks my casts before it (tries to) kill(s) me.

The only issue I see at all is that while rhino and some other frames are tanks, there is not a lot of variety of health/armor tanks yet. Valkyr is the only frame that gets a serious benefit out of armor, with no other frame even getting close to the 600 base armor she has.In the end, we have a lot of squishies that survive only because of abilities, and once they are down for whatever reason, things like toxics become a problem if you engage them in melee. Instead of making toxics weaker, giving players more high armor frames or high health tanks to use would be a better alternative in my opinion.

See i am going to stop you here...

Back in closed beta and so forth when these toxic mofos shambled out of their dark corner the worst they ever did on a single poke was enough to knock ya on your arse and you'd get back up and suffer toxic damage. when they died they left a little fart cloud behind that was a "DO NOT ENTER" thing and it was fine and dandy.

This whole new thing they are doing is basically a DM going "ROCK FALLS EVERY DIES"

Sure one or two alone is easy... Wave 13 defense on a 20-25 area? yeah good luck buddy when 8 of these bull scat whack holes come out because now every thing can one hit you, They got a lasso to drag you to them and then there is the death poke.

While hard means fun to some people...Dying because you have absolute no control is not.