Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Can We Have Pretty Colours (Or Use The Ones We Have)...

MisterG

I have to say I love this game, I'm not a huge fan of the organic style (I prefer more human shapes), but the game is sooooo good I'm happy to ignore.

What I would like to see though is the colours working as they are intended.

If I use the exalabur from the founders program, most colours look like they should.

If I use Ash however, all the colours are very "muddy". This means that regardless of the colour I use (and I have a few palettes), he always kinda looks the same.

Is there any chance you can remove the "base" colour, so we can use the colours we have (eg all purples look pink on ash, blues look blue/gray and greens look muddy).

Are all the characters like this?

Still extremely curious how everyone but myself dislikes Color Correction... Maybe it's my monitor, but turning CC off gives me a slight pinkish haze, and that's where I see colors being muddied. Turning CC on makes it slightly darker, colors more vibrant, and the haze goes away, leaving the colors and blacker blacks.

Strange. Can't stand CC being off.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to hear any Dev's actually explain what the color-correction does. Because for me, Disabling color correction lowers the contrast quite a bit and also changed the white balance so everything looks like it has a pinkish hue. 

The big difference should be because I have a monitor that is calibrated with colorimeter, and also does both AdobeRGB and sRGB, and it's calibrated for a daylight white balance of 6500K. Normal within PC for a long time, is, especially from the CRT era, to have something along the lines of 9300K or thereabouts. Which compared to anything on paper in sunlight, is extremely bluish.

So if I would hazard a guess to what color correction does, is that the game assumes a standard 9300K monitor(correction=off), and color compensates by pushing the color balance more to the blue end if you have a daylight balance monitor(correction=on), which is why, on a 6500 monitor with correction turned off it would put all whites down into the yellow/reddish end.

Here's a couple of images that shows the difference, all set to a sRGB colour profile. CC=On has more contrasts and clearer colors, CC=Off has a reddish cast over the map and less contrasty look.

CC Comparison

Prime_CC_Comparison.jpg

CC On - System Map

Map_CC_On.jpg

CC OFF - System Map

Map_CC_Off.jpg

ps.These might actually look very blue vs. alright if you have a monitor that are set to a bluer color balance like 9300K. In that case, CC=Off should look alright, and CC=On should look very blue.ds

Edited by Covenant-R

Given that I don't have a colour calibrated monitor(how many people do? Or need one, for that matter? [unless you're one of those graphic designers/in some field of work that requires it]) I just keep it on. I like it. 

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. The performance impact is nil anyway.