Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Loot Source!

MaduSciuntistu

Locked containers that have to be hacked to open, and contain better loot could be scattered randomly through levels.

Obviosuly, these would be rare occurances maybe one hidden per level. Basically Hacking system+loot lockers

More stuff comes out of it in general

Higher chances of dropping rare reasources

Higher chance of dropping affinity or will drop more

Maybe Mods, probably not.

Thoughts?

Edited by MaduSciuntistu

It's a good idea, encourages some more exploration of offside areas that dead-end but it'd be worth it later :P

I think it would definatly encourage exploring, especially if there was a tiny chance at things like potatoes, or BP's.

I don't think the DEs would include those kind of items unless it was as rare as a Rare10 would be lol

Except Banshee in which it would be a Rare2... just my opinion :P

I aprove of this! Not in affinity but the mods because quite frankly, good mods are very hard to get. Heck, freeze mods are ultra rare and they are one of the most needed mods while affinity... Heh, you just get to the point where you don't need it anymore.

I would like also some other lockpick minigame ^^, like riddles or adventure like actions (example you need a password and it is painted on a wall in some room) just for to pay attention and to have a reason for explore every angle of a map  (if treasures worth the effort, not like actually :P).

Edited by Clownsanity

I always expected mods to come out of containers, I'm almost 100% certain one of the loading screens has flavor text indicating that you should break open containers to not miss any mods.

yeah it says something about getting "rare loot" from containers. As it is right now, there is nothing rare dropping from containers, so +1 good idea.

Edited by Spacehat

yeah it says something about getting "rare loot" from containers. As it is right now, there is nothing rare dropping from containers, so +1 good idea.

That's not 100% true.

Some of the rarer materials I'm sure I've had drop from lockers, like Morphics, etc.

Now, I think that still makes your comment at least 99% true depending on how we grade the material rarities, but just pointing out the rarer resources I'm pretty confident can source from containers/lockers.

Some of the rarer materials I'm sure I've had drop from lockers, like Morphics, etc.

Morphics aren't exactly rare. 

However I have had Gallium and a Control Panel drop from a locker. As well as countless Orokin Cells, though those are hardly 'rare', even though they're described as such.