The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Vs Attica

xXNASHXx14

Question

9 answers to this question

From what I've heard, the Latron Prime is better for endgame content. It seems like there's a dedicated Latron Prime fanbase, while the Attica is fun enough to play with casually, but not really endgame material. The Latron Prime is more accurate and great for headshots, from what I've heard. I haven't potatoed either weapon, but from using both I'd say that the Latron Prime is more suited to endgame content. Warframe Builder might give you a better idea of its theoretical potential, but has no way to really measure its usability.

Only problem I have with the Latron Prime is that its firing sound is a bit... weak, in my opinion. Too soft for my tastes, hope they redo it.

After playing with both extensively, both are capable and viable for "end-game" content. The Latron is good for picking off hard targets and focusing fire, whereas the Attica can fire off many more shots, and can also be modded for AOE; this couple with the magazine size and fire rate make it very effective.

The problem with its AoE (using Thunderbolt) is the massive drop in dps, which is fine for funsies, but not as viable in endgame content (which tends to be focused on more dakka + headshots). Assuming that's what you mean by AoE, the 250 standard damage (500 on a headshot) from Thunderbolt will actually decrease the dps, because 30% of the arrows will explode and deal flat damage- while it increases the number of targets and effectively increases the dps that way, you have to have quite a few enemies in a given area for it to really be worth it-- and even that ignores the fact that you're going to be dropping other elemental damages in favor of Blast.

I still like Thunderbolt on Attica, mind you, I'd just be wary that it may not hold up in endgame content as well as another elemental/pure damage/crit mod would. It's still new, and I like the AoE, I just don't know if I'm convinced that it has the damage to be as effective for CC as something like the Amprex.

You've all made valid points, and i know that the Latron is slightly better. However, I don't think that I want to spend hours upon hours farming for all of the Latron's parts. I'll just stick with my godly Attica. Thank you all for the advice.

You've all made valid points, and i know that the Latron is slightly better. However, I don't think that I want to spend hours upon hours farming for all of the Latron's parts. I'll just stick with my godly Attica. Thank you all for the advice.

u only spend hours farming something like loki prime parts

latron prime parts are easy to find

atleast when i went looking for them

Something you have to keep in mind is that the Latron Prime is far, far more accurate than the Attica. The Attica's bolts fly all over the place, which makes it this weird cross between an automatic weapon and a precision weapon, when it is neither. Latron Prime allows you to score headshots more reliably, which allows you to bump up your overall dps more than if you were making bodyshots. It also has a shorter reload, which is actually very important when you're trying not to die between volleys.

In the end, I'd take the Latron Prime into an hour-long survival if my life counted on it. The Attica actually puts out enough damage to stay relevant (no Thunderbolt) to about 40 minutes in, but it is less reliable and once again, that painfully long reload could end you if you're not careful.

Edited by Noble_Cactus