Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Reputation

Strac_CRO

it would be kind of stupid honestly, the - and + pertain to the specific thread, and whether or not they approve of the idea, and sometimes, comments. Lumping it all into one number... doesn't really tell you anything for the most part.

And besides it would probably lead to forum attacks, you hate someone? go to their account find out what theyve been posting on and downvote every single post they make, one person could give you - = to your post count.

Edited by Karosu

It would be abused because the system is +/-.

This kind of stuff only works when people can either choose to "upvote" you or choose to do nothing. Because people can downvote, as the person above me posted, someone can just downvote all of your posts if you say something they don't agree with and trash your "reputation." Pretty complicated safety nets would need to be in place to prevent that kind of abuse (like diminishing returns or a "voter credibility" scale to determine the significance of every persons upvote or downvote, which is just a whole lot of work for something that isn't really important or necessary.

I like the idea, but the only way you'd prevent abuse is by either putting a time limit inbetween up/downvotes on the same user [or something], or removing the downvote altogether.

I'd prefer the second option, because then people could still see in general how well received you are by comparing post count to upvote count [although it'd screw over people like me who post a ****-ton in threads helping newbies... Where nobody knows or even cares what the up and down arrows are :P I imagine my ratio would be something like 0.00001 xD]

Pride / Shame doesn't add much to a community; the detailed explanation is lengthy so I'll try to explain it a different way

There is value in upping or downing something that you can distance yourself from like a topic as a whole

If there were 3 Loki Guides you'd more than likely would want to click on the on most popular one first

I couldn't care less if a specific user that made the guide is unpopular

If you're a strong enough person to not have a need to hold a grudge then you should have zero need for the system

You should know someone is worth while the moment they say it and not after you check their "score"

Edited by MaximumSquid

Well to prevent abuse. The +/- from posts shouldn't validate, but if you in general think someone is just a troll, you should be able to just downvote them under their name. Only once. While the opposite would be true as well (Think someone posts good info, you could upvote them under their name)

IP's would have to be tracked as well, to prevent people from just making more forum accounts to upvote and downvote people.

Though it's relatively easy to change your IP, so... yea this whole system is easily exploitable, sadly.

its really cool my joke comment caught 11 morons already thus proving just how stupid these systems are for bandwagoners who see something swaying in one direction and then read the comment in the worst possible light

Actually, it proves only that you are a jackass and that the majority of us realize that reading your post. Trolling isn't a welcome thing.

Edited by Blatantfool

How about just adding a +Rep.(Kudos?) button? This would allow you to give some rep to someone who either posted something awesome, or helped you out with some questions etc.

As a + system only it couldn't be undermined by one or two players who didn't like you.

Might get a few abuses from larger clans/ groups +repping each other, but it's not like it actually gains you anything practical really. Just for fun tbh.

What I would like to see is a clan "tag" under the name, if this would even be possible? Not that I'm in a clan yet, but if everyone in a large clan "suddenly" had + rep...well, kind of a giveaway don't you think? ;)

you're definitely in a better position than me, the author of the comment, to tell me what the intent of it was

I don't have to know your intent to recognize a stupid idea when I see one.

It's like you went to stick your finger in a light socket. You intentions fail to matter and the reasons all fall apart. You are still a moron for doing it.

good idea, I contributed a downvote to get you started

Thanks,I appreciate it. I noticed I was getting a lots of minuses for my posts so I was thinking "negative score" would be a nice add on to my profile (since we can't have avatar or a signature or something).

I'm wondering are our forum warnings from forum moderators visable to all or just to yourself?

Edited by Strac_CRO

Rather than tallying the user, tally each individual post with the +'s and -'s. At least that way, if the post has a net of 0, we can see wether its been panned universally and ignored or wether its got 150+ and 150- and is therefore a contentious issue that a lot of people clearly have a stake in.  Displaying only a net value can't really do a post justice.

IP.Boards doesn't have this function, I'm sorry :/

The only number that can be displayed it the total of +/- rep points. 

I prefer this anyways because it takes what people think about that post, and shows you a group/mass opinion rather than showing "50 people like this post, but 80 don't like it, with a total of -30 points"

it's just easier to browse it and go "oh people don't like my post, I should maybe try another approach next time or something.

It is funny that i see threads where nobody replied and yet OP has received 10 negative votes

This should be changed 

If you disagree with idea from OP then state your opinion ,clicking on +/- and not having anything to say on subject is bit childish 

Edited by pecanin